• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Would be great to see the Cards go into ATL in the first round and watch Elite Cornerback Patrick Peterson get his lunch eaten by Julio Jones again.

No way in hell that'd happen again. Pride will prevent it and after the SEA just pushed our D's shit in, they are going to be playing angry.

jbug617

Banned
Here is Raiola punching someone from behind
dominic-raiola-punch11242014.gif

Here he is trying to take someone knees out
al9a6cdonspoxefytxx0.gif

MechDX

If he gets a QB, we're fucked!

The team's still alive going into Week 17. Vast improvement from last year, and phenomenal for BOB's first year on the job there. Hopefully Clowney makes a full recovery, and hopefully they get a QB in the offseason or draft, but a lot to be proud of no matter what.

Clowney and Louis Nix who was on IR all year. Add another OLB in the draft and this defense can be nasty. Pipe dream: but imagine if they made a run at Houston........

As for QB I think O'Brien thinks highly of Mallett and will resign him to a "prove it" deal. He looked really good in that Browns game and I'm.excited to see what he would do with an entire off season here under his belt. Can't look at much from that Bengals game since he had a torn peck the entire game.

It was pretty solid, good enough to win games against anyone combined with our D. We were putting up around the mid twenties per game, Palmer led the league in third down conversions and he's far more accurate with the long ball than Stanton which allowed those huge plays with Brown to win games when we needed them. We also didn't have Cooper in when Ellington was playing and once he entered, magically our run game existed and that's with a no name practice squad back. Alas, Cooper got hurt again against the Rams and didn't play last night. While Elly had a lackluster year with pure rushing yards, he still got over a thousand I believe total due to receiving and that's a legit weapon, especially when he's playing hurt all year. Even if Palmer isn't scoring on a drive, just having a QB that can get you around mid field in a possession is HUGE because it allows your punter to get the ball all the way back to the other team's 10 or 20. You really don't understand just how crucial this is until you have complete trash at QB. It's the only reason SEA scored when we played them the first time, they kept starting with the ball in our territory or just outside it because we were punting from the end zone or 10 yd line. Furthermore, when you have non-stop 3 and outs, your defense is on the field the whole damn game and they get gassed.

Palmer is better than you guys give him credit for in our system and he's night and day from our backups. We got to 10 wins with him last year in the toughest division while learning a new system with a new coach. He played loads better in the second half after he and the rest of the offense finally got Arians system down and we went 7 of 9 including beating SEA in SEA. It's when a few in here joked he sold his soul to the devil.

Palmer looked like dog shit in that game though... threw 4 INT.

Palmer looked like dog shit in that game though... threw 4 INT.

That was the one exception in all those wins but I remember at least two of those being off of tips and not Palmer's fault. That game really had more to do with your D playing fantastic than Palmer being completely awful. He still did enough to beat you with that late Floyd TD after all ;)

Remember that time you said there was no way in hell they'd lose to Atlanta?
Guess you just don't learn.

Oh please, like everyone else didn't think the same thing. Any Given Sunday happens several times every season but no one knows when that will hit (like GB losing to Buffalo last week) but it'd be boring as fuck to have such a tentative outlook each week. When we play Oakland, is there a chance we could lose? of course, anyone can lose to anyone but chances are you'll beat a shitty Raiders team and it's a fan's right to talk smack and gloat. The team needs to stay humble and hungry and play their ass off every week no matter the opponent but fans get to run their mouths. If you can't handle trash talking then you're in the wrong thread.

My car is all jittery/shaky when in park.

Anyone know what that could possibly mean?

I am taking it in tomorrow. Just started earlier today.

bionic77

Maybe I'm just overly critical, but I've never seen a defense so damned good at making an opposing offense's weaknesses completely disappear - and seemingly become a strength. I'm still shocked we didn't give up a touchdown to a KC receiver yesterday.
The defense is getting better. Still not good and I trust them with a lead like I trust Gata in a 3rd grade math exam.

They definitely made some plays yesterday though that give me some hope. I was more shocked they stopped the 4th down run more than anything else. You could make the argument that play was the difference in the game.

On the other hand we made Alex Smith look like Montana between the 20s. That was a little scary...

bionic77

My car is all jittery/shaky when in park.

Anyone know what that could possibly mean?

I am taking it in tomorrow. Just started earlier today.
Sounds like a tranny problem.

Ask a Pats fan. They have some expertise in that sort of stuff.

Or bend over and take it to a garage.

You are gonna to lose your pants either way. It's your choice.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bruh we get it. The only one you need to convince won't listen.

I'm listening, he's had a history and he's gone after this season, I just don't agree with the suspension. A hefty fine of $100,000s would've sufficed considering the precedent the league has set.

jakncoke

Banned
Id Antonio Brown was shut out in catches, he'd be the 6th time a 122 catch season happened.

Chris Carter 1994
Calvin Johnson 2012
Wes Welker 2011
Chris Carter 1995
Jerry Rice 1995

Colasante

Defensive end snaps:

Chandler Jones -- 63 of 63
Rob Ninkovich -- 63 of 63
Akeem Ayers -- 5 of 63

Patriots need to quit with overworking Jones and Ninkovich. It made sense for the Jets game considering they're better against the run than Ayers, but now that they finally have a solid third end, they need to start rotating more to keep everyone fresh.

Dragon

Banned
Sounds like a tranny problem.

Ask a Pats fan. They have some expertise in that sort of stuff.

Or bend over and take it to a garage.

You are gonna to lose your pants either way. It's your choice.

Tranny isn't an acceptable word bro. It's derogatory.

Top Bottom