• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
rsz_1180795.jpg

wienke you're next.

I'm not even worried, are you?

8ykKuhv.png

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I do like how Kas condones stomping on someone because they untied your shoes though.

You're trying to intentionally hurt someone in the trenches. Shit gets dirty down in the trenches I know cause I did my dirt when I played defensive end /Al Bundy

Evan Dietrich Smith is lucky all he got was a stomp.

Paches

$25,000 fine for Burfict this year and he's had his history. An unfair ruling and I hope it gets appealed or delayed till next season.

I hope he appeals, the ruling stands after the Packer game, they lose him for their first playoff game, and the Lions lose on the last drive of the game as the backup Center snaps it over Stafford's head to end the game.

That is literally my dream scenario.

harSon

Banned
I would die happy if we managed to kick the Cheatriots out of the playoffs. Just give me this, Steelers.

The only way we beat them is if we play up on the receivers and get pressure on Brady. We've won in the past doing this, and gotten destroyed in the past when we haven't. Our typical play 3 football fields off the receiver ALWAYS gets destroyed by Brady (and most QBs worth a shit) - so hopefully LeBeau realizes this.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That Raiola stomp is worse then that dude twisting ankles btw. He's bringing damn near his whole weight on his ankle as opposed to using his hands to twist ankle which is the same amount of force.

Difference with the Burfict game this year is he did it on a starting Quarterback and he did two other times to Greg Olsen.

We know the leagues stance on protecting QBs and everyone was surprised Burfict only got a 25k fine.

I hope he appeals, the ruling stands after the Packer game, they lose him for their first playoff game, and the Lions lose on the last drive of the game as the backup Center snaps it over Stafford's head to end the game.

That is literally my dream scenario.

My dream is in a tie game a perfect pass from Stafford to Tate who fumbles on the one yard line. HaHa Clinton Dix picks it up in the endzone and runs it back the other way. Stafford just happens to be the last line of defense for the return TD, and gets run over. HaHa score the go ahead TD with no time left on the clock points his fingers at the Lions and screams HA HA!

Weren't you the one that got banned for threatening to beat some dude's grandma up or something like that?

And I would of been perfectly okay if he wanted to press an assault charge.

Raiola has a history of thug behavior, he embarrasses the Lions as an organization and I'm glad he was suspended. It hurts us, but I have faith in Swanson. It's only fitting that Raiola will end his career like this. Granted he'll get a play in one playoff loss this year, but this GB game is arguably the biggest of his entire career. And he'll miss it due to be a selfish asshole.

Stafford has been calling pass protections all year, all Swanson has to worry about is snapping the ball and blocking.

Tony Grossi expects the Browns to sign free agent QB Rex Grossman for Week 17.

If Sexy Rexy eliminates Baltimore from the playoffs, I couldn't even be mad and would actively root for him to start in 2015

My dream is in a tie game a perfect pass from Stafford to Tate who fumbles on the one yard line. HaHa Clinton Dix picks it up in the endzone and runs it back the other way. Stafford just happens to be the last line of defense for the return TD, and gets run over. HaHa score the go ahead TD with no time left on the clock points his fingers at the Lions and screams HA HA!

And I would of been perfectly okay if he wanted to press an assault charge.
A known thug smh

jakncoke

Banned

If Sexy Rexy eliminates Baltimore from the playoffs, I couldn't even be mad and would actively root for him to start in 2015

Fuck it deep prob just there for emergency in case Connor Shaw goes down, face it you going to miss the playoffs because you lost to a 4th string qb one week then 3rd string

DarkFlow

Banned

So you're telling me the Cards could have signed Rex, but we signed fucking Lindley instead?

No field goals by either team? Or just the Broncos? Hopefully Julius shows up so the red zone woes go away. Assuming Peyton can even rise from his wheelchair.

Just the Broncos, but not averse to no points from the Bengals too. I'm up in my fantasy championship game, but opponent has Connor Barth. I still want the Broncos to win, so let's hope they turn all field goals into touchdowns.

bionic77

Steelers are guaranteed the 3rd seed with a win over the Bengals on Sunday.

I have to admit, I'm surprised we're in the position we are. We should be in a better position, considering some of our losses this season, but I was reluctant we'd even make it to the playoffs - let alone win the division and enter the post-season as the 3rd seed.

We're definitely not making it to the SB though. Our secondary is too suspect, and there's too many quality QBs in the way.
Probably won't but we have seen so many garbo teams make the Super Bowl and win it.

Why not our garbo team?

Godslay

Banned
Just the Broncos, but not averse to no points from the Bengals too. I'm up in my fantasy championship game, but opponent has Connor Barth. I still want the Broncos to win, so let's hope they turn all field goals into touchdowns.

Sounds good. I'll call in the hit.

Now watch he'll kick 7 FGs or something obscene.

I do like how Kas condones stomping on someone because they untied your shoes though.

He condones a lot of things based on some of his OT contributions.

Dude made it known he was a threat to player safety, he can sit his ass down for one game. That's pretty fucking lenient given the Lions' history of targeting defenseless players.

brentech

You're trying to intentionally hurt someone in the trenches. Shit gets dirty down in the trenches I know cause I did my dirt when I played defensive end /Al Bundy

Internet tough guy. I seriously don't believe a single word.
If I type 'clown shoes', it should auto correct to :kas

WedgeX

Banned
Raiola is a selfish jerk so that he will miss a(n incredibly long shot) chance of winning the division is perfect. I hope Swanson plays well enough so that Raiola can't even come back for the playoff game.

He's basically playing the North Korea card. Was surprised he didn't ask the stompee if he could help him find out just how his ankle got sprained.

harSon

Banned
Probably won't but we have seen so many garbo teams make the Super Bowl and win it.

Why not our garbo team?

Maybe I'm just overly critical, but I've never seen a defense so damned good at making an opposing offense's weaknesses completely disappear - and seemingly become a strength. I'm still shocked we didn't give up a touchdown to a KC receiver yesterday.

MechDX

Doesn't really matter if we make the playoffs this year. I am convinced BOB is going to be a great damn coach. He is a fucker.

So you're telling me the Cards could have signed Rex, but we signed fucking Lindley instead?

The Cards signed Lindley for one reason and one reason alone: He knew Arians' system already from being on the roster last year. Arians has a complicated system to learn so it's a huge advantage to have a year of it under your belt. This is why we signed Stanton without giving Hoyer a fair shake when Arians first took over. We also are only doing damage control until Stanton comes back. I agree that we should have just went with a more competent, middling QB signing and then just scaled down the system to very basic plays. Especially because we namely had Lindley doing three steps or tossing laterals to RBs anyway with just the occasional shot down field. We blew our chance at a bye because Seattle isn't losing to the Rams again, especially in SEA nor is GB going to lose to Detroit again, especially in GB. So basically we coast this last game and Stanton should be ready for the wildcard round where we are fortunate to get whatever scrub team comes out of the NFC South. That's as easy as it gets for a first match up and if we can't beat whoever we play there, no point in even thinking about playing any of the actually talented teams in the playoffs. If Stanton is reasonably healthy and our D plays with a chip on it's shoulder after that embarrassment last night and we can get the run gaming going again, we can still do some damage in the play offs. It's just a damn shame we went from contenders to likely out within the first two rounds because of fucking injuries. At least we make the play offs and know our HC and GM are for real. With all the guys coming back next year we will truly be a scary team in 2015. This is assuming Palmer bounces back from that injury and we keep Fitz.

Dragon

Banned
The Cards signed Lindley for one reason and one reason alone: He knew Arians' system already from being on the roster last year. Arians has a complicated system to learn so it's a huge advantage to have a year of it under your belt. This is why we signed Stanton without giving Hoyer a fair shake when Arians first took over. We also are only doing damage control until Stanton comes back. I agree that we should have just went with a more competent, middling QB signing and then just scaled down the system to very basic plays. Especially because we namely had Lindley doing three steps or tossing laterals to RBs anyway with just the occasional shot down field. We blew our chance at a bye because Seattle isn't losing to the Rams again, especially in SEA nor is GB going to lose to Detroit again, especially in GB. So basically we coast this last game and Stanton should be ready for the wildcard round where we are fortunate to get whatever scrub team comes out of the NFC South. That's as easy as it gets for a first match up and if we can't beat whoever we play there, no point in even thinking about playing any of the actually talented teams in the playoffs. If Stanton is reasonably healthy and our D plays with a chip on it's shoulder after that embarrassment last night and we can get the run gaming going again, we can still do some damage in the play offs. It's just a damn shame we went from contenders to likely out within the first two rounds because of fucking injuries. At least we make the play offs and know our HC and GM are for real. With all the guys coming back next year we will truly be a scary team in 2015. This is assuming Palmer bounces back from that injury and we keep Fitz.

Your O wasn't that great with Palmer was it? I know Ellington was injured but he was pretty mediocre this year.

cdyhybrid

Would be great to see the Cards go into ATL in the first round and watch Elite Cornerback Patrick Peterson get his lunch eaten by Julio Jones again.

Doesn't really matter if we make the playoffs this year. I am convinced BOB is going to be a great damn coach. He is a fucker.

The team's still alive going into Week 17. Vast improvement from last year, and phenomenal for BOB's first year on the job there. Hopefully Clowney makes a full recovery, and hopefully they get a QB in the offseason or draft, but a lot to be proud of no matter what.

Your O wasn't that great with Palmer was it? I know Ellington was injured but he was pretty mediocre this year.

It was pretty solid, good enough to win games against anyone combined with our D. We were putting up around the mid twenties per game, Palmer led the league in third down conversions and he's far more accurate with the long ball than Stanton which allowed those huge plays with Brown to win games when we needed them. We also didn't have Cooper in when Ellington was playing and once he entered, magically our run game existed and that's with a no name practice squad back. Alas, Cooper got hurt again against the Rams and didn't play last night. While Elly had a lackluster year with pure rushing yards, he still got over a thousand I believe total due to receiving and that's a legit weapon, especially when he's playing hurt all year. Even if Palmer isn't scoring on a drive, just having a QB that can get you around mid field in a possession is HUGE because it allows your punter to get the ball all the way back to the other team's 10 or 20. You really don't understand just how crucial this is until you have complete trash at QB. It's the only reason SEA scored when we played them the first time, they kept starting with the ball in our territory or just outside it because we were punting from the end zone or 10 yd line. Furthermore, when you have non-stop 3 and outs, your defense is on the field the whole damn game and they get gassed.

Palmer is better than you guys give him credit for in our system and he's night and day from our backups. We got to 10 wins with him last year in the toughest division while learning a new system with a new coach. He played loads better in the second half after he and the rest of the offense finally got Arians system down and we went 7 of 9 including beating SEA in SEA. It's when a few in here joked he sold his soul to the devil.

Top Bottom