• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Syrinx

I wouldn't mind the Bucs bringing in Trestman as the OC next year assuming he's fired. But I'm not sure Lovie would hire the guy who took his place in Chicago. Kinda awkward.

Mrbob

Isn't there a scenario that could play out in the last week where the Packers could potentially get the a bye or home field advantage with a win against Detroit, but with a loss not even be in the playoffs? That seems crazy.

He was traded before that. Raiders gave up a 1st and 2nd for Palmer.

And that trade was largely panned the minute it happened, and was done by a guy in Hugh Jackson who had complete power for a short period of time after Al Davis' death and was desperate to save his job in the short term. You can't expect that to set the market. Nobody is giving you a 1st rounder for Jay Cutler and his shitty contract.

Bowser

And that trade was largely panned the minute it happened, and was done by a guy in Hugh Jackson who had complete power for a short period of time after Al Davis' death and was desperate to save his job in the short term. You can't expect that to set the market. Nobody is giving you a 1st rounder for Jay Cutler and his shitty contract.

To be fair Hue Jackson was the most successful coach Oakland's had since Jon Gruden.

minx

I wouldn't mind the Bucs bringing in Trestman as the OC next year assuming he's fired. But I'm not sure Lovie would hire the guy who took his place in Chicago. Kinda awkward.

You haven't been watching the Bears games if you think Trestman would be a good OC.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Players take kids to "Shop with a Lion" at Meijer

Tori Petry reports on the annual holiday event where Lions players join with kids from Orchards Children's Services to take them shopping for presents at Meijer.

tempDET_3238--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempDET_3256--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempGN6_8867--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_6203--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_6161--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_6163--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempIMG_6158--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Video

Suh better get his ass to some of these community events or his ass is getting franchise tagged.

MechDX

What I just said on @nflnetwork : Bears offensive players believe Clausen will 'light it up,' simply because he'll run offense as prescribed- Mike Silver Twitter

If the Bears beat the Lions......

I will say to Clausen's defense (and this is the only thing I'll say to his defense), his best weapons in Carolina were mentally checked out Steve Smith, David Gettis, and pre-prime Brandon Lafell.

Surely he could be better with Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Cutler is checked out.

I also think he's a productive QB on just about every other team in need of one. The worst thing Chicago can do is lose its cool and just dump him.

VRMN

What I just said on @nflnetwork : Bears offensive players believe Clausen will 'light it up,' simply because he'll run offense as prescribed- Mike Silver Twitter

If they run the offense the way it's been going, Clausen will throw a couple picks and it'll be a blowout in Detroit's favor.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

If the Bears beat the Lions......

If the Bears win, I think FMT should honor the Isaac Bruce bet!

Players take kids to "Shop with a Lion" at Meijer

Suh better get his ass to some of these community events or his ass is getting franchise tagged.
The only thing I see in any of these carts or baskets is a child. What kind of cheap-ass frauds are your team that they aren't buying actual toys and why are they kidnapping kids using shopping carts?

Disgraceful.

Nearly the saddest part about being a Bears fan is that Jimmy Clausen isn't the worst QB I've had to root for. He's bad, but he's no Henry Burris. I'm sure this is a desperate move by Trestman to save himself from being shipped back to Canada. Too bad Jimmy is going to get absolutely murdered by the Lions. He'll get mauled by Suh, smashed by Ansah and picked off by Quin. I'll be at work while The Assassination of Jimmy Clausen by the Coward Marc Trestman plays. I'll just see the box score and the highlights. The absolutely saddest part of being a Bears fan is that I still wish I could watch the game and root for Jimmy fucking Clausen to stop the inevitable. I hate football.

Cutler is/was garbage. Nothing new to see here. I knew it the moment he ignored John Lynch and John Elway he wasn't going to be worth a damn. At least not in Denver.

The rest is here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

The one thing I will say in the positive is that Elway thought that Cutler was supremely talented and is on the record saying he wouldn't have given up on him as fast as McDaniels.

But he totally didn't quit during the NFC Championship in '10, no sir.

eznark

Banned
Nearly the saddest part about being a Bears fan is that Jimmy Clausen isn't the worst QB I've had to root for. He's bad, but he's no Henry Burris. I'm sure this is a desperate move by Trestman to save himself from being shipped back to Canada. Too bad Jimmy is going to get absolutely murdered by the Lions. He'll get mauled by Suh, smashed by Ansah and picked off by Quin. I'll be at work while The Assassination of Jimmy Clausen by the Coward Marc Trestman plays. I'll just see the box score and the highlights. The absolutely saddest part of being a Bears fan is that I still wish I could watch the game and root for Jimmy fucking Clausen to stop the inevitable. I hate football.

giphy.gif

What's wrong with Henry Burris

Top Bottom