• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

beast786

Repost to keep warning NFLGAF of the impending Restoration of the Roar:

Matthew Stafford vs. Aaron Rodgers last 3 weeks:

Matthew Stafford: 3-0
Aaron Rodgers: 2-1

layer-1-stafforddealwithit-psd_2.gif

Restore the Roar 2014.

Great Post

Trey

Orton is the worst Bronco QB in modern times. Worse than Griese and Cutler. It is hard to believe anyone could love him. He optimizes boring and short passing aka football manager and not QB type of play. I guess he is winning more for Buffalo so they forgive him for being boring.

He didn't win shit for Buffalo. No more than EJ has won. The Bills D has literally carried this team all season.

bionic77

...so, in this scenario are you mad because you're not dating Munn or not dating Rodgers? Or Kave's mom?
I am contractually obligated to hate Rodgers and the Packers for another 6 years.

Their trashy team along with the 2012 Ravens has sullied what it means to win a Superbowl. It used to be about being the best when it counted and cheating. Now it is all luck. Pretty soon Packer fans are going to be right and Superbowls are going to count as much as their other high school championships.

:(

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I am contractually obligated to hate Rodgers and the Packers for another 6 years.

Their trashy team along with the 2012 Ravens has sullied what it means to win a Superbowl. It used to be about being the best when it counted and cheating. Now it is all luck. Pretty soon Packer fans are going to be right and Superbowls are going to count as much as their other high school championships.

:(

or AFL championships?????

@jasonrmcintyre
Based on Twitter responses this season, I'd say only 6 franchises LOVE their QB: Seahawks, Saints, Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Ravens
Based on Twitter responses this season, I'd say 7 franchises REALLY LIKE their QB: Cowboys, Lions, Falcons, Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs, NYG
Everyone else, best I can tell, falls between 'vehemently dislike' and 'vomits upon sight of' their QB.
That's 19 teams.

Larry either isn't on Twitter or isn't tweeting his opinion.

Now that we're two weeks from the end of the season, which coaches get the axe on Black Monday?

- Rex - pretty sure this is a foregone conclusion
- Mike Smith - Blank hasn't looked pleased
- Marc Trestman - maybe he sneaks by for another year but the obvious question would be why
- Gus Bradley - is there anything positive going on in Jacksonville that you'd want to perpetuate into another season?
- Joe Philbin - could be another guy who sneaks by if the Fins end the season strong, but he's been there long enough that I'm not sure they see signs of overtaking the Pats
- Jim Harbaugh - this will be interesting. I suspect the Niners would like to keep him and I suspect his wife wants to stay in the area and I suspect he doesn't want to coach the Raiders.

Guys on the fence: Sparano likely stays with Oakland unless they can lure Harbs. Whiz likely gets a 2nd year to see whether the Titans really do suck as bad as they appear to. Same with Jay Gruden. The only thing I'll say there is that in the case of the Titans and the Skins the owners are typically impatient.

Finally, I don't know that the Giants would fire Coughlin, but I do wonder whether he chooses to retire.

MechDX

Bradley is not going anywhere. Team was a complete distaster two years ago with almost nothing on the roster. Closest you can get to being an expansion team

Defense is solid.

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches! At last, we've made the 11 wins I projected way back at the beginning of the season when most laughed at me. We did enjoy feasting on the lambs a second time and are the only team in the division to sweep them this year.

Most of my fears were still proven real, that physical team fucked us up yet again. They knocked Kolb (jnc) out for the year when we were 4-0, they knocked Honey Badger out for the season last year, and they knocked out both Palmer and Stanton this year...That team can burn in hell. It's extremely frustrating to have a scrub team with no playoff aspirations fuck over your playoff bound team by knocking out crucial players. Stinson is officially out for the year now as well which is a shame because he was having a great rookie season. Oh well, this battered train keeps churning out wins so onto deep frying some sea chicken! This is a HUGE game this week as a win would now lock up the top seed, it's damn near a playoff game. I'd be pretty damn confident with Stanton now that it's at home where we're undefeated, have Fitz back this time around and have finally established a running game with Cooper starting but every game Lindley starts is a presumed loss.... Screw it, our D and running game will be enough to beat the likes of SEA if Lindley doesn't commit costly turnovers
he probably will ;_;
so 12-3, here we come!

Titans @ Jags

Eagles @ Redskins
Chargers @Niners

Vikes @ Dolphins
Ravens @ Texans
Lions @ Bears
Browns @ Panthers
Falcons @ Saints
Packers@ Bucs
Chiefs @ Steelers
Patriots @ Jets
Giants @ Rams
Bills @ Raiders
Colts @ Cowboys
Seahawks @ Cardinals

Broncos @ Bengals

jakncoke

Banned
Now that we're two weeks from the end of the season, which coaches get the axe on Black Monday?

- Rex - pretty sure this is a foregone conclusion
- Mike Smith - Blank hasn't looked pleased
- Marc Trestman - maybe he sneaks by for another year but the obvious question would be why
- Gus Bradley - is there anything positive going on in Jacksonville that you'd want to perpetuate into another season?
- Joe Philbin - could be another guy who sneaks by if the Fins end the season strong, but he's been there long enough that I'm not sure they see signs of overtaking the Pats
- Jim Harbaugh - this will be interesting. I suspect the Niners would like to keep him and I suspect his wife wants to stay in the area and I suspect he doesn't want to coach the Raiders.

Guys on the fence: Sparano likely stays with Oakland unless they can lure Harbs. Whiz likely gets a 2nd year to see whether the Titans really do suck as bad as they appear to. Same with Jay Gruden. The only thing I'll say there is that in the case of the Titans and the Skins the owners are typically impatient.

Finally, I don't know that the Giants would fire Coughlin, but I do wonder whether he chooses to retire.

I thought popular opinion was the 49ers were going to trade Harbaugh not fire him

bionic77

singletary that one time he blew up on VD? i don't know
I don't remember him going to the media every week to shit on Smith or VD.

All I remember is that he got so frustrated with losing he mooned the whole team.

Gruden is on another level entirely.

I don't get how it is happening in Washington either. Snyder is such a meddler that you would think he would have gotten rid of RG3 or Gruden by now. But he stands by and does nothing but fight to hold onto the racist name of his team. I can't imagine playing for a coach who openly shits on you to the media.

Hunter S.

He didn't win shit for Buffalo. No more than EJ has won. The Bills D has literally carried this team all season.
That was what I saw in the three Bills games I saw this year. Bills should have beat the Chiefs. This is why I thought Orton would be looked upon like a parasitic organisim who loves hard liqour and fat chicks.

He's already come out recently and said he has no interest in retiring and wants to coach next season.

I don't think Gus Bradley is going anywhere. They seem to like him and Jacksonville has serious personnel issues to work through. What coach do you think could win with that roster? The fact that they've been in the games that they have is a credit to the guy, IMO.

WanderingWind

That was what I saw in the three Bills games I saw this year. Bills should have beat the Chiefs. This is why I thought Orton would be looked upon like a parasitic organisim who loves hard liqour and fat chicks.

And you're wondering why we love him? Could that sentence BE any more Buffalo Way?

He's already come out recently and said he has no interest in retiring and wants to coach next season.

I don't think Gus Bradley is going anywhere. They seem to like him and Jacksonville has serious personnel issues to work through. What coach do you think could win with that roster? The fact that they've been in the games that they have is a credit to the guy, IMO.

Re: Coughlin. Interesting. I don't see him getting fired either. Not sure the issues are his fault, but will the OC or DC get the boot instead? Eli has now had two rough seasons back-to-back.

Re: Bradley. I get it. And I guess Bortles is his guy and we'll see if the Jags start to turn it around depending on how they pick. Tough to only win two games in a fairly shitty division, but you're right: they've been in quite a few games.

Tamanon

Banned
Bradley's sticking around. The team is fighting, and some of the pieces are starting to come into place, especially on the defense. The fanbase totally supports him too and understands what a rebuilding looks like.

Now our OC Jedd Fisch......well, he's not long for this team I think.

Trey

I would posit that Bills fans do indeed dislike the dude, and WanderingWind doesn't know what the hell he's talking about in this regard.

Bills fans are definitely aware he's trash but feel his "experience" is a steadying force for the offense which gives him the leg up on EJ. Maybe that's true, but they're both not good. I said it all the way back during the Detroit game that Orton is ass and only a marginal upgrade over EJ at best. And it seems as though EJ isn't improving in practice, so it's not like he's making a case for himself.

The only thing I give Orton any credit on is the game winning drive against Minnesota. He was horrible all that game, but he clutched up when it mattered.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Gruden taking thinly veiled shots at his various players has been one of my favorite things about this year. Dude's been keeping it real.

WanderingWind

I would posit that that Bills fans do dislike the dude, and WanderingWind doesn't know what the hell he's talking about in this regard.

Bills fans are definitely aware he's trash but feel his "experience" is a steadying force for the offense which gives him the leg up on EJ. Maybe that's true, but they're both not good. I said it all the way back during the Detroit game that Orton is ass and only a marginal upgrade over EJ at best. And it seems as though EJ isn't improving in practice, so it's not like he's making a case for himself.

"WanderingWind doesn't know what he's talking about. Lemme repeat what he said earlier as my opinion real quick tho."

Orton is undeniably better than EJ. He's better than any other QB we could have right now. He's thrown 4 TDs in a game, something no Bills QB had done in...well, what forever? There was all kinds of love thrown at the 'stachio'd hero. It's cooled a bit, but he's still basically by default better than our last....hm. 7 QBs?

As I said earlier and as you repeated just now, "boring/steadying" is better than worst in the league.

Top Bottom