• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Next season is the last year they're stuck with him. His contract was a seven year deal, but the first three years are the big guaranteed money years. They'll still take a hit, but it will be nowhere near the $20 million in dead money they'd eat for cutting him this off season.
$16m of his guaranteed money doesnt become guaranteed unless he is on the roster March 1st, so they could save all that money but cutting him.

He clearly wants to be fired and also really hates RG3. There's lots of talk about an RG3 trade market, but what team would just hand him the starting job?

Peter King said the other day that Gruden really wants to be fired. Not sure I believe it though, he wanted this long to get a job, who knows if he will even get another HC job after this.

Oh wow.

B4_MkMXCYAAILuk.jpg

Didn't know he was leading the league.

Tamanon

Banned
Bears are probably going to end up with another coordinator at the helm probably. I don't see the team as positioned well enough to land a bigger name with how much work there is to do.

Doesn't help that the team looks like they just don't care and they're saddled with Cutler for at least another year.

Really sad Mariota is going to go to a crap team like the Jets when he could go to a team like Buffalo and probably turn them into a legit threat in the AFC. Even when Buffalo wins, they still lose.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Bears are probably going to end up with another coordinator at the helm probably. I don't see the team as positioned well enough to land a bigger name with how much work there is to do.

Doesn't help that the team looks like they just don't care and they're saddled with Cutler for at least another year.
Chicago is one of the best cities in the US and if you win here you can cash checks for the rest of your life like Ditka. Its still a desirable job imo.

what is cowboy bebop about? a side story for the ninja turtles villain LOLOLOLOL!!!!!1

but seriously is that the best anime or something?

Yeah it's considered the best by many but really it's just more accessible in that it's missing most of the stuff in anime that would make a casual viewer cringe. It has some great jazz music, a funny cast and the lead is a bad ass with martial arts and pistol fair. It's essentially about a group that bands together as galactic bounty hunters and most episodes are stand-alone bounties. There is an over-arching story for the main protagonist (Spike) through out the series and the final few episodes are focused on concluding it rather than the typical bounty fair. There are also an episode or so dedicated to each of the other group members relating their back story. A couple episodes will strike you in the feels but usually it has a more comedic approach. The series is also only 26 episodes so it doesn't drag out and overstay its welcome.

The Walking Dead had better ratings in the 18-49 male demographic than Sunday Night Football five out of the past eight weeks.

Goodell's America is dead.

I welcome our new Zombie Commissioner

The Walking Dead had better ratings in the 18-49 male demographic than Sunday Night Football five out of the past eight weeks.

This week it will decide the #1 seed in the NFC! Then people will see it turn into a repeat of TNF with mostly FGs and top of the line D and tout it boring.

Goddell has watered down the product with Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night blowouts. This season has been awful.

cajunator

Banned
i was thinking about checking it out if you guys say its good but why is that one so expensive? i see on amazon the complete blu ray series for $44.99. is one a shitty transfer and the other good or something?

The LE's were made in batches of 2500-3500 and about 10k units. They also come with signed art cards and artbooks and artistic packaging. The widely available one is a simple bluray case of just the show itself. the LEs are definitely made for the collector market (me)

I am terrified of them embarrassing themselves.

Really we can beat anyone in the league that doesn't have a smart coach or above average passing game. And we can beat them too if Ben throws for 6 TDs, but that is asking for a lot. Otherwise we are always on the verge of getting embarrassed with our defense. We don't get pressure, we can't cover and we can't tackle.

If we beat KC it will be because smith didn't have the balls to throw downfield into the 10+ yard windows we give up. We want you to run twice and dink and dunk. The teams that don't respect our defense do the best on us.

They haven't even gotten in yet, so I'm not worried about it much. And if they do, it'll be a lot like '02, suspect D and Tommy Gun throwing all over the field. That team got fucked by Nedney's diving, not sure it can get much worse. And Ben is 16 times the QB Maddox was. A blow out wouldn't really bother me as much as a game coming down to one shit play.

bionic77

There are only 2 cartoons worth watching (anime or no). Transformers the movie (the perfect 80s version) and spirited away.

Eveything else I have seen was garbage. Granted I have not seen a lot but enough to know I am not into the tentacle rape!

bionic77

They haven't even gotten in yet, so I'm not worried about it much. And if they do, it'll be a lot like '02, suspect D and Tommy Gun throwing all over the field. That team got fucked by Nedney's diving, not sure it can get much worse. And Ben is 16 times the QB Maddox was. A blow out wouldn't really bother me as much as a game coming down to one shit play.
The worst was the slow mo Garrard draw that took 5 minutes to cover 20 yards and we were somehow unable to stop it.

I can't take another loss like that!

The LE's were made in batches of 2500-3500 and about 10k units. They also come with signed art cards and artbooks and artistic packaging. The widely available one is a simple bluray case of just the show itself. the LEs are definitely made for the collector market (me)

so there is no difference in the actual blurays? i don't really care about collectors stuff. i would actually prefer to have all my stuff digital even :/

Tamanon

Banned
Chicago is one of the best cities in the US and if you win here you can cash checks for the rest of your life like Ditka. Its still a desirable job imo.

I agree. I just think it's desirable after they work out some personnel issues. So the next coach after the one they hire will be big.

i loved chicago. was telling bobby the other day i'd like to go to a game at soldier field. i went there in the offseason and it looks really nice. but the bears can fuck off!

$16m of his guaranteed money doesnt become guaranteed unless he is on the roster March 1st, so they could save all that money but cutting him.

This article says otherwise.

The Bears' contract assures Cutler $15.5 million for 2015, and if he is on the roster on the third day of the 2015 league year, which will come in March, a $10 million guarantee for 2016 kicks in. The final $6 million in the much-reported number of $54 million guaranteed comes in March 2016. So, the Bears could get out from under the contract at the end of this season, but they would have to pay Cutler $15.5 million to exit on top of the $22.5 million he has earned this season.

He's already earned the $15.5 million guarantee and will earn an additional $10 million after March 3rd.

JABEE

Peter King said the other day that Gruden really wants to be fired. Not sure I believe it though, he wanted this long to get a job, who knows if he will even get another HC job after this.

He will. He can work as an OC again for another playoff team and work his way back up. He's still young. Also, people around the league know that Washington is a shit-show.

Gruden's contract is guaranteed though. He's going to be making like $4m per year for the next 5 seasons to do nothing if he wants.

cajunator

Banned
There are only 2 cartoons worth watching (anime or no). Transformers the movie (the perfect 80s version) and spirited away.

Eveything else I have seen was garbage. Granted I have not seen a lot but enough to know I am not into the tentacle rape!

Not Princess Mononoke?
Thats widely thought of as Miyazaki's best work.

Also you should consider Millennium Actress too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpGrD5wUzKE
My favorite anime movie of all time.

I can see them going after Rex. Return the Bears D to its former glory. He wouldn't have to worry about QB
:jnc

zychi

Banned

Yup, and I banked on that. Bought 3 of the Amazon editions(1 for myself obviously), had people on ebay give me sob stories about "their son" and "their cousin" who has "lymphoma" (funny how they all have lymphoma) and that I should be ashamed of myself for preordering with no down payment needed)

Sold 1 for a nice profit to help fund my ps4 purchase, just waiting for the other one to sell.

Top Bottom