• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Respect

Gruden taking thinly veiled shots at his various players has been one of my favorite things about this year. Dude's been keeping it real.

As a fan I enjoy it...but, other players see this, and it probably doesn't sit well with them.

Bears fans on 670 dont even sound angry anymore. Just weary.
How long is Chicago stuck with Cutler's contract?

Next season is the last year they're stuck with him. His contract was a seven year deal, but the first three years are the big guaranteed money years. They'll still take a hit, but it will be nowhere near the $20 million in dead money they'd eat for cutting him this off season.

ESPN has officially jumped the shark

B4_lUG0IcAAW1v-.jpg

Nope they are putting Johnny down so their other favorite son LeBron can pick him up.

Then they release the LeBron + Johnny Era of taking over the sports world. ESPN really are evil, and they have a master plan. Don't fall for it!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
As a fan I enjoy it...but, other players see this, and it probably doesn't sit well with them.

Plus, where does Gruden get off talking so much shit? It's his team that's stinking up the field. The guys he does like aren't playing any better than the ones he hates. Belichick and McCarthy could get away with shit talking their bad players because they built a successful football program. Gruden hasn't done shit.

bionic77

Gruden taking thinly veiled shots at his various players has been one of my favorite things about this year. Dude's been keeping it real.
There is nothing veiled about it.

He is doing everything short of shitting on their faces to let us know how much he hates his players.

Weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. As a coach you would assume they would always have their guys backs.

Re: Coughlin. Interesting. I don't see him getting fired either. Not sure the issues are his fault, but will the OC or DC get the boot instead? Eli has now had two rough seasons back-to-back.
I don't mean to come off like I'm pissing on you but this is a bit of a fallacy. Eli had one really poor game this season against the Niners that was pretty inexcusable (5 picks) but he's had a pretty damn solid season bouncing back from an 18TD, 27INT campaign in 2013. That's with an middling offensive line and almost no run game to speak of.

http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/profile

90 QBR, 26 TD's, 13INT's and he'll likely finish the season over 4k yards. Oh and he currently has the highest completion percentage of his career. In the first year of an entirely new offense under Ben McAdoo. Is that blow your socks off amazing? No, considering the roster, "rough" isn't what I'd call it.

As for Coughlin, I've posted a few articles stating the team is likely to bring him back as they should, IMO. We have personnel problems that need resolved. I think Perry Fewell is gone as defensive coordinator as is a good portion of the defensive coaching staff.

No way in hell they turn over the offense after one season. We aren't the Browns.

squicken

There is nothing veiled about it.

He is doing everything short of shitting on their faces to let us know how much he hates his players.

Weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. As a coach you would assume they would always have their guys backs.

He clearly wants to be fired and also really hates RG3. There's lots of talk about an RG3 trade market, but what team would just hand him the starting job?

squicken

Also I would go buy a Gronk and Brady jersey if the Pats beat the Chickens in the owl. The new evil resides in the Northwest

cajunator

Banned

Respect

Plus, where does Gruden get off talking so much shit? It's his team that's stinking up the field. The guys he does like aren't playing any better than the ones he hates. Belichick and McCarthy could get away with shit talking their bad players because they built a successful football program. Gruden hasn't done shit.

Going to make it difficult to find guys to play for you going forward...felt like he would have gotten a pass considering the dysfunction WASH is in, but with how he is throwing guys under the bus, he is sabotaging his own future.

cajunator

Banned
anime is a joke to most people until it involves Cowboy Bebop. then its some SERIOUS SHIT.

Kinda funny.

what is cowboy bebop about? a side story for the ninja turtles villain LOLOLOLOL!!!!!1

but seriously is that the best anime or something?

Its very popular in western world, because the story and characters are not like a lot of other anime. Its setup morel ike a space opera, with an overarching story, but contained in easily rewatchable episodic arcs. The music is almost universally loved and the show came out at a time when anime was approaching its peak popularity. This show is basically a legend.

Trey

I don't take Cowboy Bebop seriously either. Nor most movies. They're enjoyable fiction, it would be a problem if I had to take it seriously.

Fantomex

Jay Gruden seems to be making stuff up as he goes along. He seems to have come to the realization I did last year, his whole team sucks. Starters, Bench, Practice Squad, Food Vendors, Laundry Workers, Field Workers, Glee team, Flag Wavers etc.

The problem is he took the job lol.

Fox318

anime is a joke to most people until it involves Cowboy Bebop. then its some SERIOUS SHIT.

Kinda funny.

Its very popular in western world, because the story and characters are not like a lot of other anime. Its setup morel ike a space opera, with an overarching story, but contained in easily rewatchable episodic arcs. The music is almost universally loved and the show came out at a time when anime was approaching its peak popularity. This show is basically a legend.

The Jazz music and Toonami connections helped popularize it.

MechDX

There ya go RT @dan_bernstein: Source: Bears ownership met last night. Trestman likely fired at season's end, Emery's fate still undecided-Twitter

Top Bottom