• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

effzee

I can't believe that Harbaugh leaving SF actually happened. I get he was tough to work with but he rejuvenated a dead franchise and outside of this season has been amazing.

I find it extremely stupid on SF's part.

Trade us Kaep you assholes.

49ers said:
The San Francisco 49ers and Jim Harbaugh have mutually agreed to part ways. The 49ers organization has begun its search for the team’s next head coach, while Harbaugh is now free to consider his next coaching opportunity without any constraints.

49ers CEO Jed York and General Manager Trent Baalke will hold a press conference in the Levi’s® Stadium auditorium at 1:00 p.m. PST on Monday, December 29, to address the announcement and the organization’s subsequent coaching search.

“Jim and I have come to the conclusion that it is in our mutual best interest to move in different directions,” said York. “We thank Jim for bringing a tremendous competitive nature and a great passion for the game to the 49ers. He and his staff restored a winning culture that has been the standard for our franchise throughout its history. Their commitment and hard work resulted in a period of success that should be looked back on proudly by our organization and our fans. We wish Jim and his family all the best.”

“For the last four seasons I have had the great privilege to coach one of the storied franchises in the history of football,” said Harbaugh. “We accomplished many great things together as a team during this period, which is a tribute to the incredible efforts of some of the most dedicated players and coaches in the NFL. I will miss competing alongside this group of players and coaches, I have the utmost respect and admiration for their hard work and support. It has been my honor to share the sideline with these mighty men. I will always appreciate and remember fondly, the passion and support of our Faithful fans, and want to express my particular thanks to them.”

York added: “We are now squarely focused on finding the next head coach of the 49ers and I am very confident in Trent’s ability to lead that process. With the great leaders and talented players we have in our locker room, we are ready to move into the next chapter of our team’s history.”

Harbaugh, who just concluded his fourth season with the franchise, led the 49ers to an 8-8 record in 2014 and a 49-22-1 overall record (5-3 in the postseason). During his tenure, the 49ers won two NFC West titles, reached the NFC Championship game in three consecutive seasons and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII. Harbaugh is the only coach in the history of the NFL to lead his team to the conference championship game in each of his first three seasons, and his 44 regular season coaching victories rank second in the NFL during his four-year tenure with the 49ers.

That entire last paragraph is exactly why you don't fire him

So at Lurie's season ending press conference he said "we will have to see", when asked about Foles future with the team, and also said that the team has to find a franchise QB. I think Chip is going to win the power struggle with Roseman that is going on now, and then Chip will do what it takes to get a new QB in here.

brentech

You're offensive line is going to Get Rekt, and you know that.

Look how Jason Jones (#91) tapped your tight end and the after ensued. Watch that and prepare for this Sunday.
No sacks. More hits on Rodgers when he was on the ground than when he was in the pocket. Gave up 150+ rushing yards. The TE, Richard Rodgers had some of the biggest 1st downs of the game.

Much REKT.

laugh.gif

I can't believe that Harbaugh leaving SF actually happened. I get he was tough to work with but he rejuvenated a dead franchise and outside of this season has been amazing.

The boy still can't read defenses or count backwards. Trade us Foles and you can have Kap.

My god I would cry tears of joy if that happened. Kaep plus Chip would be amazing to watch.

Phins
NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports Mike Wallace was benched in Sunday's Week 17 loss to the Jets for quitting on the team.
Wallace literally quit. After Charles Clay scored a touchdown late in the second quarter, Wallace reportedly "came off the field and told Joe Philbin he no longer wanted to play in the game." Understandably, Wallace's teammates were "very displeased" with Wallace's actions, and he spent the second half sitting on the bench with no one around him. Wallace was a largely effective wide receiver in 2014, particularly in the red zone, but it's now fair to question whether he'll be back with the Dolphins in 2015. He is owed $9.9 million in salary and bonuses.

effzee

So at Lurie's season ending press conference he said "we will have to see", when asked about Foles future with the team, and also said that the team has to find a franchise QB. I think Chip is going to win the power struggle with Roseman that is going on now, and then Chip will do what it takes to get a new QB in here.

How do we know there is a power struggle going on?

Chip seemed to have made all the moves in the off season and in the draft.

But yeah we need to do whatever is possible to get a franchise qb. Unfortunately McCoy's prime has been wasted and the great oline is aging fast.

JNA

Banned

But yeah we need to do whatever is possible to get a franchise qb. Unfortunately McCoy's prime has been wasted and the great oline is aging fast.

Trade Foles and Sanchez for whoever picks Mariota? OR trade Foles for a good first round pick and trade Sanchez for Cutler?

I doubt what I'm saying is actually realistic but just throwing it out there.

2 years in a row Chip has said that they didn't get the guy he wanted in the 1st round, and just the other day he said that OBJ was the #! player on his draft board, but that he was not the #1 player on the Eagles draft board. He keeps doing stuff like that to make sure that people know he is not the one in charge of the draft.

Top Bottom