• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Had some success this morning (NJ) after adjusting the MTU in the PS4 network settings. Apparently that 'trick' doesn't work now but it stayed up enough so I could dl Geometry Wars 3 from my library.

I just want to buy the two Walking Dead games before the flash sale ends on Monday.:(

BigAT

Why are y'all saying the Browns just randomly suspended Gordon? He didn't show up for practice....seems pretty clear cut

I guess the question is, do you think this is the first time in 3 years that Josh Gordon has missed a practice?

I personally think this is probably something he's gotten away with occasionally in the past, but the Browns are dropping the hammer now because it's incredibly beneficial for them to do so at this moment.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I guess the question is, do you think this is the first time in 3 years that Josh Gordon has missed a practice?

I personally think this is probably something he's gotten away with occasionally in the past, but the Browns are dropping the hammer now because it's incredibly beneficial for them to do so at this moment.

So essentially you're guessing. There's been talk of him being late to some yes, but nothing about flat out missing them.

Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN
A source said Gordon wasn't around the facility at all Saturday as the team packed up and left for BAL.

If this is true as Mech says pretty straight forward.

Jarnet87

Gordon suspended for being Josh Gordon. Dude is just Justin Blackmon sub pot for booze.

JFF late and missing things is so lame. Dude doesn't give a crap. Oh well.

Connor Shaw starting. furyous gets his wish

Being a Browns fan has to be the worst thing in sports

Hopefully Indy repeats last week's shoulder shrug effort, and Texans manage to make the playoffs. Would be awesome to see more Watt

All those stockpiled 1st round picks for nothing. I wonder if some team will be crazy enough to pony up a 2nd for Gordon. I think that is what he would cost as an RAF. Give a 2nd and then sign him to a heavy incentive contract. Of course he'll probably get suspended or have a great season and then holdout.

Tamanon

Banned
So essentially you're guessing. There's been talk of him being late to some yes, but nothing about flat out missing them.

If this is true as Mech says pretty straight forward.

To be fair, that could've been because of his suspension, not the other way around.

Colasante

Dennard move to IR. Promoted Josh Boyce to the roster so I guess we won't see Edelman or probably LaFell tomorrow.

I hope Dennard was actually injured to the point of being unable to play in the playoffs, but this feels like Brandon Spikes all over again. The team has good depth at cornerback, but still, I have nightmares of Marquise Cole trying to cover Anquan Boldin in the AFC Championship that I fear being repeated.

I never would've expected Josh Boyce to outlast Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson in New England, but I am a little excited about what he could potentially bring. Mike Giardi just tweeted, "Spoke to several DBs about Boyce's progression on practice squad. Said he's given them a great look and has clearly improved route running."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
To be fair, that could've been because of his suspension, not the other way around.

That's true.

Now as for the Browns, honestly I think they are moving in the right way but until we even get a QB who can at least not lose games for us we'll always be a long way off.

I'm not expecting much next year considering we have to play the AFC West and the NFC West.

BigAT

I'm guessing based off of years and years of him being completely incapable of following even the most basic rules that are set for him.

TheFatOne

I hope Dennard was actually injured to the point of being unable to play in the playoffs, but this feels like Brandon Spikes all over again. The team has good depth at cornerback, but still, I have nightmares of Marquise Cole trying to cover Anquan Boldin in the AFC Championship that I fear being repeated.

I never would've expected Josh Boyce to outlast Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson in New England, but I am a little excited about what he could potentially bring. Mike Giardi just tweeted, "Spoke to several DBs about Boyce's progression on practice squad. Said he's given them a great look and has clearly improved route running."

Has anything come out with him complaining or saying things on twitter etc?From what I have read/heard there hasn't really been talk of Dennard being a malcontent or speaking out. Since I haven't read anything like that my gut tells me it's a legit nagging injury type of situation. He is a solid corner, and I hope he can play next year like he has the previous seasons.

MechDX

Gordon suspended for being Josh Gordon. Dude is just Justin Blackmon sub pot for booze.

JFF late and missing things is so lame. Dude doesn't give a crap. Oh well.

Connor Shaw starting. furyous gets his wish

Being a Browns fan has to be the worst thing in sports

Hopefully Indy repeats last week's shoulder shrug effort, and Texans manage to make the playoffs. Would be awesome to see more Watt

Squicken is going full circle. Drinking BOB's kool-aid

squicken

Squicken is going full circle. Drinking BOB's kool-aid

I definitely think BoB is a good coach, but I just don't see what they can do at QB in 2015 that will be better than what they had in 2014. And Dre and Foster will both be a year older. Firing Rick Smith might make me think they could hit on some draft picks one day

Has anything come out with him complaining or saying things on twitter etc?From what I have read/heard there hasn't really been talk of Dennard being a malcontent or speaking out. Since I haven't read anything like that my gut tells me it's a legit nagging injury type of situation. He is a solid corner, and I hope he can play next year like he has the previous seasons.
No. Nothing on Twitter or anything. Don't think it's like the Spikes situation.

MechDX

I definitely think BoB is a good coach, but I just don't see what they can do at QB in 2015 that will be better than what they had in 2014. And Dre and Foster will both be a year older. Firing Rick Smith might make me think they could hit on some draft picks one day

Give Mallett a full off season in this offense and working with everyone. I'm calling it now: Mallett is O'Briens guy and will light it up next year

Go ILB , WR in rounds 1 & 2 of the draft maybe RT if they cannot resign Newton. And maybe CB if they can not resign Kareem Jackson

Give Mallett a full off season in this offense and working with everyone. I'm calling it now: Mallett is O'Briens guy and will light it up next year

Go ILB , WR in rounds 1 & 2 of the draft maybe RT if they cannot resign Newton. And maybe CB if they can not resign Kareem Jackson

The Texans Cycle

I get that you believe in Mallet but it just dosent make sense for the franchise to not bring in someone else at Qb via draft or free agency. Mallet only had what 2 games before injury? But he'll probably get his shot, just saying expect someone else to be brought in.

Colasante

Marcell Dareus and Stephon Gilmore were downgraded to out for tomorrow's game against the Patriots. Good news for the interior of the offensive line in protecting Jimmy G.

rando14

I'm thinking #EndClevelandFootallin2015

2VzYPz0.gif

MechDX

I get that you believe in Mallet but it just dosent make sense for the franchise to not bring in someone else at Qb via draft or free agency. Mallet only had what 2 games before injury? But he'll probably get his shot, just saying expect someone else to be brought in.

Maybe a FA but there is Shit to choose from this off season. Why draft another late round project QB when you already have Savage?

^^^^mech, PLS. No

Naw but really Kave Dline/pass rusher, Wr, oline , ILB, TE, safety, Qb somewhere in here (depends).

Demanding how the offseason goes everything could change honestly, I can't rule out Qb if the situation is right sadly.

Id like to see us sign jake locker as a backup Qb
Hope Raiders get first pick

both 2014 1s
2015 1

Draft Mariotta
Would hate to see us use two first on a Qb cause we have other needs. But honestly this is a viable scenario. Depends how our boy acts and progresses during the offseason. Johnny can be a good Qb, but he's gotta mature now for us. We're not a team that can really afford to wait if he's not serious.

Less be honest If Bucs get first pick, after the whole draft process they'll probbaly take Winston.
Edit: I guess same goes for tenn, ehhh idk if whiz would.

Top Bottom