• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Hopefully the Chargers win. I don't want to see Baltimore or Houston.

BpxUiwG.gif

All_Seeding_Combinations_for_the_AFC_Based_on_the_Outcomes_of_Week_17_Games_-_Imgur.0.png

from reddit

Cool chart. I actually thought the Cin/Pit game was pretty much to see which of them hosted the other the next week, but apparently there is no scenario in which they face each other in the wild card round. Indy is locked at #4.

We've beaten Indy, Houston, KC and Bal (at home) this year. SD is the only opponent we could face that we haven't played this season. I'd say both SD and Houston scare me a bit. I think Houston is a better team than the one we beat earlier this season. The Ravens are always gonna be a tough matchup, but ... Road Failco.

Of course it will boil down to which Ben shows up. We've seen him light it up, and we've seen him light himself on fire. Would be great to see them keep this run going, beat Cincy, beat Denver, beat the Cheats then beat Green Bay for payback. Or Seattle for the lulz. Who wouldn't love AB to style all over Dick Sherman? Even FMT could get behind that!

Lots of dreams there, though. That'd be a helluva road to (and for) #7.

Go Steelers!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Glad I get to take break from the shame circle this season.

Be careful my friend, you never truly leave the shame circle.

It finds ways to bring you back.

I wish there was a way to know which mod gave me this tag though. It has to be one who at least browses the NFL-GAF thread. I didn't get this tag until you guys found out I'm from Toronto and not Cleveland.

Also in BG's absence, Rando feel free to be disrespectful to me.

Also also, lord help us if Connor Shaw lights it up. Furyous will be right but then again a broken clock is right twice a day.

bionic77

They said it's possibly a line getting old/misfire issue but they recommended cleaning and replacing the spark plugs. Am I wasting my money doing the latter?
Keep in mind I am not a car guy but what you described to be sounds like the transmission and not the spark plugs. When my plugs were going bad it was more of the engine not running well (sounds like shit and doesn't apply power properly). When the car is shaking like it has epilepsy that is usually the trans. Get the fluid checked and hope for the best.

As ez said they cost nothing to replace but I get the feeling then are trying to screw you with multiple problems.

MechDX

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/22/7431875/mmbm-week-16

What a terrible week for Joe Flacco. First Obummer confuses your name with some guy whose more famous for passing a bong then a ball and sucking weed hits out of Seth Rogans butthole then sticking it to the Browns twice a year. To make matters worse he completely laid a egg on Sunday verse the Texans. Joe Flaccos first half stats were basically 3/75 for negative infinity yards and 2 INTs. Not exactly Elite by any stretch of the imagination. To make matters worst, he got outdueled by Arian Foster who is more of a Elite QB then Falcco at this point.

The only reason he didnt get a bum rating is because it would of been enourmously disrespectful to Bum Philips to say that Flacco played like a Bum in that city.Bum was the ultimate coaches sons Dad and when your in Houston a Bum is a term of endearment like calling someone from New York a "asshole" or calling a Floridian "defendent."

:jnc

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Keep in mind I am not a car guy but what you described to be sounds like the transmission and not the spark plugs. When my plugs were going bad it was more of the engine not running well (sounds like shit and doesn't apply power properly). When the car is shaking like it has epilepsy that is usually the trans. Get the fluid checked and hope for the best.

As ez said they cost nothing to replace but I get the feeling then are trying to screw you with multiple problems.

Nah. It sounds like a misfire to me. He said the car was shaking while in park, how would a bad tranny do that?

How long since the plugs were changed, bucket? I'm guessing never, so how old and how many miles?

MechDX

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/w...saints-philadelphia-eagles-arizona-cardinals/

The Texans blitzed on 43.4 percent of Flacco’s dropbacks, the sixth-highest rate in the league this week, and Baltimore was never able to adjust. Since returning from their Week 10 bye, the Texans are allowing opposing quarterbacks a league-low 22.4 QBR, while their 64.3 opposing passer rating trails only the Seahawks. This is a very good defense, and while it’s not too hyperbolic to suggest that Watt is their engine, it’s been firing on all cylinders for weeks now.

Did not realize this. RAC and Vrabel doing work

bionic77

Nah. It sounds like a misfire to me. He said the car was shaking while in park, how would a bad tranny do that?

How long since the plugs were changed, bucket? I'm guessing never, so how old and how many miles?
My sisters car did exactly that and had trouble getting in gear. Tranny lasted maybe another 20k.

But like I said I am not an expert.

I can't even get hyped for this game. Even if we make the playoffs, what the fuck does that matter, we ain't winning shit. I mean, we could definintely beat Pittsburgh or Cincinnati if we made it. Probably Patriots too. And Peyton is done, so....um....holy shit, we could win the Superbowl again!

I can't even get hyped for this game. Even if we make the playoffs, what the fuck does that matter, we ain't winning shit. I mean, we could definintely beat Pittsburgh or Cincinnati if we made it. Probably Patriots too. And Peyton is done, so....um....holy shit, we could win the Superbowl again!

:jnc

You know, Cleveland may damn well win that game just to spite Houston, so they can continue to claim unanimous honor of most heartbreaking/underachieving pro sports city.
Yes, because Cleveland only steps up and wins when it's for something big and important, like remaining the most underachieving pro sports city.

What are the odds next season is Peyton's last?

Last night was hard to watch, and he had that "oh shit I'm old" face I remember Favre having.

Also Adam vinatieri GOAT patriot

I told myself to not buy anything.... not yet at least but im so tempted to pick up that last of us for $18

Do it

What are the Shirtless rules for suits?? I vote there should be an exception for Baller as Fuck™ suits!! HOWEVER I am also willing to accept, shirtless/jacketless WITH a tie of course!! :cool:

Suits are the only expection. GRONK also had a suit on to the draft, so it's okay. But you can't wear them more than twice a month and you always have to be shirtless on Sunday to honor Gronk.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
LTTP:

I played FTL for the first time last night. I've owned the game for a year but never got around to playing it.

Game is fun although I have no clue what the hell I'm doing most of the time. It usually catches up to me when I engage in a fight I should have ran from but I was feeling cocky.

MechDX

I'm not a hater on Houston D, in fact, I am a fan of the dreamboat and fantasy football hero JJ Watt, but lets not give them too much credit. It was Joe Flacco on the road. It happens like that more often than not.

I hit up some Ravens message boards after the game and I read a few times people questioning why your offense did not make any adjustments at half time. "Kubiak'ed".....I lol'ed

Respect

Updated for Sanjuro.

Not enough Reche Caldwell on that list....there is a reason number 87 is now so special in pats lore...it was blessed prior to Gronk.

reche-occhi-spiritati-caldwell.jpg

He is staring into your soul...oh and thanks for the drop in the AFC championship game Reche :(

Seahawks would tear Flacco apart.

Top Bottom