• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

JNA

Banned
Wait a minute, Cutler is playing? No wonder it's only a tie game. Their backup QB would have made this game a two TD lead for the Bears already.

With these linebackers though? I want Fewell gone but there isn't a DC in the world that could fix the middle of the field for us with this personnel.

I know I should stop being surprised when they're leaving guys like Ertz wide open but Jesus.

Nice to see Randle bringing it in a pretty trash first half.

Pimpwerx

He throws everything but the bomb extremely well and he had a few of those recently. He's not perfect but good luck replacing him.

You are insane if you think this hasn't been a positive year for Tannehill, or if you think it would be that easy to bring in someone better.
I don't think it will be easy at all, but I don't think you just pay him because there's no one better. I'm not of that school of thought. I'd rather devote the money to a staunch defense while we risk Tanny getting grabbed by another treadmill team. We can plug any QB in and go 8-8. We can go 8-8 with Matt Moore. I don't think you win anything with Andy Dalton or Alex Smith getting all your money. PEACE.

Edit: I have confidence Hickey can actually figure it out though

TheFatOne

Look at what playing JAG has done to the defense. They know the future of the franchise is legit.
Two starters are out - Vollmer and Connolly. Strangely enough I'm not seeing a ton of pressure from the RT spot. Cannon is a decent fill in for that spot, but shit for LT.

It's not this game you should be worried about, but the last several. They have been trending down for a while now.

Plus Crowell and K'Waun Williams both undrafted who have shined this year.

Same issue as before though we're missing on our first rounders.

I'm not ready to give up on Gilbert yet, I think Pettine plus the vets he has on defense will fix him up.

BG hates him but even he has to admit Mingo has flashed a bit this season too.
I don't hate Mingo, but he hasn't given us what we need in terms of pass rush. But has played well as of late

Duxxy3

Akeem Ayers is good. There's no reason he should be on the bench instead of rotating with Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich.

Completely agree. I hate how much they play jones and ninkovich. By the end of the game neither of them can apply any pressure.

TheFatOne

Akeem Ayers is good. There's no reason he should be on the bench instead of rotating with Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich.

My guess is that we will be seeing a lot of Ayers come playoff time, and if he isn't consistently rotated in with Jones/Ninkovich then it's a coaching failure of epic proportions.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Plus Crowell and K'Waun Williams both undrafted who have shined this year.

Same issue as before though we're missing on our first rounders.

I'm not ready to give up on Gilbert yet, I think Pettine plus the vets he has on defense will fix him up.

BG hates him but even he has to admit Mingo has flashed a bit this season too.

Yep, they've been good, too. Even Connor Shaw's not been bad =P

Look at that completed 10-yard passing play! Like a bunch of professionals or something.

Alex Smith is the closest comparison because the long ball is what plagues both of their games, and they've both found success throwing short passes. But that style of offense isn't a good plan long term. Those offenses always get shut down in the playoffs. You have to be able to take the top off the defense.

The dolphins need a WR who can fight for a deep ball. You know why they fuck up so bad in the red zone and on the deep ball? Because there's no one to catch it. Wallace is fast but he's dropped/messed up on as many deep routes as Tannehill's messed up on as well. And there's literally no tall receivers on this team to go up and fight for the ball.

The tannehill comparison to Alex smith is ridiculous and even chief's fans would tell you how ridiculous it is. Tannehill's played good enough to get into the playoffs and came back to win games. The reason their record is so similar is that Chiefs have a good defense while the dolphins don't. That's all. Not their quarterback play.

I don't think it will be easy at all, but I don't think you just pay him because there's no one better. I'm not of that school of thought. I'd rather devote the money to a staunch defense while we risk Tanny getting grabbed by another treadmill team. We can plug any QB in and go 8-8. We can go 8-8 with Matt Moore. I don't think you win anything with Andy Dalton or Alex Smith getting all your money. PEACE.

Edit: I have confidence Hickey can actually figure it out though
He's in his third year and improving... The Smith comparison fails on every level.

If Flacco and Wilson can win a SB so can Tannehill. Just need to improve what's around him.

Pimpwerx

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Been waiting 3 years to see him break one like that. About damn time Lamar. Eat it Jets! PEACE.

TREACHERY

A1Io7Af.png

Top Bottom