• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Tabris

Playoff Flacco. It's the closest thing to Playoff Eli.

Come on. It wasn't Flacco that won that SB. It was a vitalized team with Ray Lewis announcing retirement. As soon as he said it was his last season, I told everyone here I was scared of the Ravens, and I was right.

DMczaf

we did it! WE DID IT!

WE DID IT!!!!

I'm so excited, I need to lydown now

i69OCD7vxkKQc.gif

Congrats DM on first pick.

*handshake*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jags can still tie this up... I spoke to soon lol

Give me another sack JJ!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You fucking kidding me

Trey

As the league is right now only offensive players will ever get the MVP. Watt didn't really have a shot to begin with. His only chance now is if the LOLions actually win for a change.

Brady, Rodgers and Luck are all the MVPs over Watt. Even Peyton is more valuable.

He isn't the MVP. Put Luck on the Texans and put Watt on the Colts. Who wins the division?

Most Valuable isn't same as Best football player.

The only thing these arguments inform me is that the MVP award needs to have its name changed, or another award needs to exist to acknowledge tremendous, historic performances.

Not putting Watt on the books for this season, or his 2012 season, because some QB out of the littany of similarly producing QBs tossed 40 touchdowns is corny. Last year Peyton broke every offensive statistic worth breaking, so sure. This year no QB stood out week in and week out, whereas Watt destroyed QBs and offensive linemen non stop.

Actually the same rule applies to the NBA.

It's the MLB where you can miss the playoffs and be MVP.

I believe Mike Trout won this year and the Angels sucked. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Angels had the best record in the AL IIRC. They sucked in the playoffs but they made it in. Trout was even better the last two seasons and lost out on MVP because he didn't make the playoffs.

To me it's different because of impact. In the NBA or NFL (with QBs), a single players impact is HUGE. You take LeBron or Durant away and replace them with an average player and their teams go from 55 wins and the playoffs to 20 wins and the lottery. Same thing with QBs in the NFL. The way the league is structured Quarterbacks are by far the most valuable players in the league and it's not even close. You don't win without a good QB. Replace Luck or Brady with an average QB and those teams win 4 or 5 games. Replace Watt with an average defensive lineman and I'm sure the Texans can still find a way to miss the playoffs or hover around .500. Watt is a great player, but not the most valuable.

Top Bottom