• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrayfield

Honestly I have no idea what to expect. Is this Dolphins team for real or is it just another fraudulent team in disguise?

The new o-line will have a much bigger test this week. The winner of that battle will be a huge factor. I'm also worried about the secondary and banged up LB's against the Bills WR's, but hopefully Manuel won't be able to dial it in enough for that to matter.

I really don't know, man. I can see almost any result happening.

Tannehill looked rather skittish to me. Run game and pass rush was great but you can't expect it like that every game. Different gameplans, different individual match-ups, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about the W but I have to see consistently good passing from that O to talk highly of this team.

PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

Tannehill looked rather skittish to me. Run game and pass rush was great but you can't expect it like that every game. Different gameplans, different individual match-ups, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about the W but I have to see consistently good passing from that O to talk highly of this team.
I thought Tannehill looked more comfortable than he did last year with the horrible o-line. His movement in the pocket was good for the most part and you could see him progressing through his reads fairly quickly. He also made mostly good decisions. The biggest problem he had in that game was accuracy.

I'm with you, though. It has to improve.

Honestly I have no idea what to expect. Is this Dolphins team for real or is it just another fraudulent team in disguise?

The new o-line will have a much bigger test this week. The winner of that battle will be a huge factor. I'm also worried about the secondary and banged up LB's against the Bills WR's, but hopefully Manuel won't be able to dial it in enough for that to matter.

I really don't know, man. I can see almost any result happening.

Yeah after last year i can see us having a terrible game, im ok with starting the rookie lbs, wheeler and ellerbe werent the answer, plus they looked good on sunday, my biggest concern is tannehill, i hope he hasnt regressed because his accuracy wasnt that bad last year

effzee

I have been absent for most of the discussion but what is the general concensus in Goddell? Should he be forced out?

Philly-IND should be fantastic. Can't wait!

Week 2 is nearly here? Another week watching the Giants offense?

ya1jIZL.gif

iMa97mJn2uW2v.gif

When pressured, Ryan Tannehill was an only 2-for-10 with 12 yards, with an interception, and a sack taken.

Tannehill’s struggles with the intermediate and deep accuracy continued, going 3-for-11 on throws of 10-yards or more down the field.
Bills are going to bring some major heat.

Wrayfield

I thought Tannehill looked more comfortable than he did last year with the horrible o-line. His movement in the pocket was good for the most part and you could see him progressing through his reads fairly quickly. He also made mostly good decisions. The biggest problem he had in that game was accuracy.

I'm with you, though. It has to improve.

Ball placement looked bad to me, but he got more comfortable as the game went on. I wish Sims hadn't dropped that one longer pass it would've given him more confidence, I think.

Anyway, I'm pessimistic all the time, don't mean to spoil it for you, bud.

cajunator

Banned
You can still join, you'll just get a bagel for week 1. In the confidence pick 'em, the lowest week is dropped (since it was created late), so your week 1 would be dropped.

cajun pls.

Let's not do this battered fan stuff, especially considering your opponent and their fanbase.

Im just telling you based on how much the Saints have struggled against the Browns under Payton.

Draxal

Week 2 is nearly here? Another week watching the Giants offense?

ya1jIZL.gif

iMa97mJn2uW2v.gif

I kinda want to bench Manning, just because he is going to get murdered, and at least Nassib can run for a little before being getting murdered, and this is coming from an Eli homer.

effzee

Boomer Esiason who has a morning show on the radio here in NYC, said the Chiefs looked like the Eagles under Reid in his final 2 seasons.

Ouch. Took him 14 seasons to reach that point with the Eagles. The walrus has sped up!

They also were talking about a letter some Ravens PR guy wrote about Rice. He worked with the team from their days in Cleveland and moved with the team to Baltimore. Haven't read it yet but they read a piece of it on air and it was fascinating. He doesn't apologize for Rice but just talks about him and how he knows him to be. Both good and bad. Detailed Rice days after the incident.

Bowser

I know this is way too early, but if the Giants and/or Cowboys get a top 5 pick this year, can they pass on either Mariota or Winston?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
PIT @ BAL
MIA@ BUF
JAX@ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

I tend to have an NFC bias. I think we'll see some teams bounce back this week but I don't think the Giants will be one of those teams. I'm also tempted to pick San Diego upsetting Seattle but I'm just not sure there.

Ball placement looked bad to me, but he got more comfortable as the game went on. I wish Sims hadn't dropped that one longer pass it would've given him more confidence, I think.

Anyway, I'm pessimistic all the time, don't mean to spoil it for you, bud.
Doesn't bother me a bit, my friend. Gotta call it like you see it even when it's your team. I'd give Tannehill a C grade for that game, he will have to do a lot better for this team to go anywhere. I'm just glad he didn't look super rushed and jittery in the pocket, I was afraid last year might completely ruin him by making those bad habits permanent.

Draxal

I know this is way too early, but if the Giants and/or Cowboys get a top 5 pick this year, can they pass on either Mariota or Winston?

Giants need a star offensive lineman desperately. Mariota and Winston will get destroyed by our line. It would be like Carr on the Texans all over again.

I think the Giants are high on Nassib as well.

PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

SonnyBoy

It's interesting how all of the negative traits that Goodell has displayed during the Ray Rice saga are nothing new. He's shown us who he is before but people loved it. They loved the lack of fairness and how he mishandled and lied to players and organizations... They loved the iron fist, they loved how he handled the weed smoking "thugs". So why be shocked when that god complex you've crowned him with starts to spill over into the real world? Why be shocked when he's callous and secretive about it? This is the guy you wanted, and he's giving you what you asked for. /rant (not directed to anyone here)

Join the NFLGAF Destiny Clan! If you were in the BETA, Make sure you set this group as your clan again! You have to play the game first! This is for both Xbox One and PS4 players!

XHWZMZ2.png

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/119656

Dutch, Can you add this to the OT?

Thanks for the heads up!

It's interesting how all of the negative traits that Goodell has displayed during the Ray Rice saga are nothing new. He's shown us who he is before but people loved it. They loved the lack of fairness and how he mishandled and lied to players and organizations... They loved the iron fist, they loved how he handled the weed smoking "thugs". So why be shocked when that god complex you've crowned him with starts to spill over into the real world? Why be shocked when he's callous and secretive about it? This is the guy you wanted, and he's giving you what you asked for. /rant (not directed to anyone here)

Thanks for the heads up!

this this this

If TMZ comes through with evidence the NFL knew about this, he just might be forced to resign.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

They'd trade down. Eli and Romo are the QBs for the next several seasons for better or worse.

I kinda want to bench Manning, just because he is going to get murdered, and at least Nassib can run for a little before being getting murdered, and this is coming from an Eli homer.

You gotta play him. Sitting him is tantamount to releasing him at this point considering where is on his contract. The Giants aren't going to dole out an 18-20 million dollar contract for:

A. A QB sitting on the bench.
B. A QB playing this poorly if things don't improve regardless of the offensive line.

I also say that as an Eli homer.

Doesn't bother me a bit, my friend. Gotta call it like you see it even when it's your team. I'd give Tannehill a C grade for that game, he will have to do a lot better for this team to go anywhere. I'm just glad he didn't look super rushed and jittery in the pocket, I was afraid last year might completely ruin him by making those bad habits permanent.

One thing i do feel I'm overlooking regarding tannehill is that he made the right decisions but the throws were off, so he didnt have a bad game mentally at least

They'd trade down. Eli and Romo are the QBs for the next several seasons for better or worse.
We're not the Cowboys. We didn't extend Eli for 6 years recently.

For all intents and purposes this is the last season of Eli's contract. The Giants would save 17.5 million in cap money with about 2.2 million in dead money if they cut him.

http://overthecap.com/player/eli-manning/865

If he continues to play as poorly as he has, you'd be a fool to think the Giants won't consider doing what many think that they won't.

One thing i do feel I'm overlooking regarding tannehill is that he made the right decisions but the throws were off, so he didnt have a bad game mentally at least
Exactly. It was his first game in a new offense since mid-way through college, he deserves some credit for good decision making and what looked to be a solid understanding of the plays.

Unrelated, I love this:

Mike Wallace was moved around plenty and saw targets against five different Patriot defenders -- Revis (5), Alfonzo Dennard (2), Jerrod Mayo (2), Jamie Collins (1), and Dont'a Hightower (1). Think about this: Mayo, Collins and Hightower are linebackers so Bill Lazor found a way to get WR on LB matchups for Wallace four times during the game.
It's going to suck so hard when the Dolphins offense lays an egg and I have to take a step back on my Lazor love, haha.

JCizzle

1. Thanks a lot Chargers, assholes! Not a good thing to wake up to.
2. Go Niners.
3. Will be joining destiny ps4 clan later, excited to try this game out.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Meanwhile Wes Welker and Josh Gordon maybe reinstated today.

I'd be perfectly fine with this.

Non-PEDs being used in the offseason shouldn't have a bearing on anything. I'd rather more players be stoners than coke addicts anyway instead of the way it is just because the drug tests skew in favor of one.

We're not the Cowboys. We didn't extend Eli for 6 years recently.

For all intents and purposes this is the last season of Eli's contract. The Giants would save 17.5 million in cap money with about 2.2 million in dead money if they cut him.

http://overthecap.com/player/eli-manning/865

If he continues to play as poorly as he has, you'd be a fool to think the Giants won't consider doing what many think that they won't.

For some reason I thought Eli get reupped somewhat recently but I guess it was 2009 before his last one?

Maybe you should trade him for two firsts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom