• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

cKSehRu.gif

Exactly. It was his first game in a new offense since mid-way through college, he deserves some credit for good decision making and what looked to be a solid understanding of the plays.

Unrelated, I love this:

It's going to suck so hard when the Dolphins offense lays an egg and I have to take a step back on my Lazor love, haha.

Lol yeah lazor has been great so far, love his play calling, even in preseason it was already better then what sherman ever did

For some reason I thought Eli get reupped somewhat recently but I guess it was 2009 before his last one?

Maybe you should trade him for two firsts?
There was some discussion about extending him after the 2011 season to bring his cap number down but the Giants stayed the course and here we are. It might have ended up being a good decision. :(

As an unrepentant Eli fan, it hurts to say that and is going to hurt more if he does end up either getting traded and released. Seeing him in anything other than Giants blue is not something I want to see happen.

Bowser

There was some discussion about extending him after the 2011 season to bring his cap number down but the Giants stayed the course and here we are. It might have ended up being a good decision. :(

As an unrepentant Eli fan, it hurts to say that and is going to hurt more if he does end up either getting traded and released. Seeing him in anything other than Giants blue is not something I want to see happen.

Man, I don't know what happened to him. He just seemed to be cooked over night.

effzee

How has Goddell shown before he is for domestic abuse? If anything he has shown he is over the top with punishments and completely committed to protecting the shield. As he should be as the commissioner.

He failed/botched this one up major. But this proves he was always what exactly?

BigAT

How has Goddell shown before he is for domestic abuse? If anything he has shown he is over the top with punishments and completely committed to protecting the shield. As he should be as the commissioner.

He failed/botched this one up major. But this proves he was always what exactly?

Yeah, he REALLY punished Terrell Suggs harshly.

overcast

PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

Have a lot of teams away winning this week.

Man, just how bad are the Rams? Thinking we may be one of the top 5 worst teams with our offense not keeping pace with ANYONE. I'll watch every game and secretly cheer for a few teams. Fuck the Hawks, Cards and Niners doe.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah it'd be weird to see him somewhere else. I definitely don't see Coughlin sticking around if Eli goes or is traded. It's really an all or nothing proposition to either win now or go into rebuild mode. Historically the Giants are a well run franchise and I don't see them being out of things for that long.

Based on last night, his team is an absolute dumpster fire. He made a few mistakes in desperate attempts to get something going and it's hard to blame that too much. I'd still take Eli over maybe all but 5 or 6 quarterbacks in the league today.

Draxal

Nicks quit and they failed to adequately replace that, failed to resupply the offensive line and he got older and less mobile (not that he was mobile in the first place), and they have street free agents playing tight end and the JPP of tight ends has failed to do anything.

Reese has done an awful job of restocking talent recently, with some huge misses.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For you, Kas:

Dave Birkett said:
Matthew Stafford had the 3rd highest QB rating of the 1st week at 125.3. Colin Kaepernick (125.5) & Matt Ryan (128.8) the only 2 to top him

Eli is a good QB but he isn't going to elevate a garbage team Luck style. With that o-line and defense he stands no chance. I don't think he's really gotten worse but everything around him has.

Interesting read about NFL and Domestic Assault, written after the Jovan Belcher incident:
Seriously, The NFL Really Does Have A Domestic Violence Problem

One quote

I found that 21 of 32 NFL teams, at one point this year, had employed a player with a domestic violence or sexual assault charge on his record.

Man, just how bad are the Rams? Thinking we may be one of the top 5 worst teams with our offense not keeping pace with ANYONE. I'll watch every game and secretly cheer for a few teams. Fuck the Hawks, Cards and Niners doe.

We will play up and down to competition like always. Eek out a few wins. Definitely doesn't look good though.

There were a couple bright spots.

Brian Quick continues to look good. Janoris had a couple good tackles on AD. Uhhhhhhhhh...

Carolina vs Detroit is going to be huge for both teams, I think. I'm personally worried about Kelvin Benjamin, he's got a good chance of really going off and doing some damage.

I think it'll be close, but I can see the Panthers squeaking out a victory.

Nicks quit and they failed to adequately replace that, failed to resupply the offensive line and he got older and less mobile (not that he was mobile in the first place), and they have street free agents playing tight end and the JPP of tight ends has failed to do anything.

Reese has done an awful job of restocking talent recently, with some huge misses.

Eli has thrown at least 16 ints in all but 3 season, and he had 15 in one and 14 in another. It just used to be if he threw 2 picks in a game he would make a great play at the end of the game to win it so people didnt harp to much on the picks. The D is so shaky now that when the offense turns the ball over the other team is scoring and then the offense cant keep pace. I know it was only one game but I havent seen the Giants lo0ok that bad since the Kurt Warner days.

PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

Kas, up for a 1 wek avy bet?

Gotta take the Lions down this week. Nothing personal, it's strictly business.

You know I've been riding with the #Restore movement since day 1. Any other week and I'm in your corner.

Bowser

Kas, up for a 1 wek avy bet?

Gotta take the Lions down this week. Nothing personal, it's strictly business.

You know I've been riding with the #Restore movement since day 1. Any other week and I'm in your corner.

I'll also take a Detroit fan on for a week long avatar bet. Phoenix? Plinko? Others?

effzee

Yeah, he REALLY punished Terrell Suggs harshly.

I meant punishments in general. I was mainly responding to the assertion that we as fans should have seen this coming because it's a pattern of not punishing players. Don't agree with that. We were all in shock when he got only 2 games.

The new domestic abuse policy seems strict enough no?

DMczaf

Guys, I believe I found tape of Josh McCown not opening the door for his wife while walking into a restaurant.

I think this is the smoking gun.

I love when the season is still early enough that tons of fans are putting all of their hopes and dreams into backup QB's. The fact that Patriots fans are now among that elite group makes this season particularly special.

DMczaf

I love when the season is still early enough that tons of fans are putting all of their hopes and dreams into backup QB's. The fact that Patriots fans are now among that elite group makes this season particularly special.

He ain't a backup! He's MY starting QB. ;_;

Tom Penny

So Goodell lays down the iron fist on Rice but is going to let drug addicts back in the league. Why would they do that?

Carolina vs Detroit is going to be huge for both teams, I think. I'm personally worried about Kelvin Benjamin, he's got a good chance of really going off and doing some damage.

I think it'll be close, but I can see the Panthers squeaking out a victory.

Same. We struggled with the Giants' big TE Donnell, Benjamin will be far harder to handle. Carolina has a good defense, Cam will be back, away game...we won't get away with bad penalties against this team.

Carolina fans, how does your defense compare to last year? And outside of Benjamin and Olsen how are your receivers/TEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom