• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be chicks?!

image.php

Never mind...

:jnc

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26s
Players to be reinstated: WR Wes Welker, WR Steadman Bailey, DB Orlando Scandrick, OL Eric Herman, DE Spencer Nealy via @mortreport and me.

lol at Schefter giving Mort credit as if he put in any legwork on this scoop.

Mort's biggest source is Adam Schefter's Twitter

LJ11

Looking back on the Bills drafting, they've been doing pretty good lately. They're starting or giving meaningful minutes to their entire 2013 draft class and have two or three starters from every draft class going back to 2009.

I mean, they're still the Bills (lol), but it's impressive in its own right.

It could have been better, but overall it's alright so far. I'm looking at the 3rd round specifically, could have been more aggressive in 2013, we haven't had a quality pick from the 3rd round in a while. I would have given up picks to move up to get Keenan Allen, Wheaton was a good option too. I thought Goodwin did a good job last year, but he's been a ghost so far. Odd man out maybe, he showed me something I didn't think he had last year, but I'm not sure where/how he fits in.

On the other hand, we have Robey as a UDFA whom I love, and Seantrel is doing a nice job so far. Overall, roster is well put together, thin up front on DL though. That's a huge concern. Interior OL needs to develop too. Sometimes it's not just drafting but developing said talent.

Players to be reinstated: WR Wes Welker, WR Steadman Bailey, DB Orlando Scandrick, OL Eric Herman, DE Spencer Nealy via @mortreport and me.

No Jones or Jordan? WTF NFL??

bionic77

Fried chicken at my house tonight**!

Everyone is invited*!

*Pats fans not invited. If any Ravens fans want to come please give me some advance warning so I can hire some security personnel to secure the premises.

**Also still waiting on my 70" Sony to be delivered. Will have to make due on the 32" shit tv I got a a present when I was married!

#FREEGORDON?!

rando14

Everyone is invited*!

*Pats fans not invited. If any Ravens fans want to come please give me some advance warning so I can hire some security personnel to secure the premises.

**Also still waiting on my 70" Sony to be delivered. Will have to make due on the 32" shit tv I got a a present when I was married!

I'll bring the beer!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Everyone is invited*!

Did you make enough for Packer fans?

JABEE

I don't think I have ever been as angry at a statement an NFL team made than I am at the statement the Vikings GM made.

Zeke

This mother fucker at work just legit made me laugh.
Him:You watch football?
Me: yea
Him: who's your team?
Me:Dallas
Him: they are going to the super bowl
Then I laughed he looked confused. Fuck yea we get scandrick back.

Konka

Banned
No limit on beer consumption*!

* Eagles fans not allowed to drink after halftime. There is no courtroom in my house to store drunken miscreants at until they can be processed the next business day.

That just encourages first half binge drinking.

Everyone is invited*!

do you have an N64 so that we can have a WWF No Mercy tournament?

Everyone is invited*!

I'M STILL COMING!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think I have ever been as angry at a statement an NFL team made than I am at the statement the Vikings GM made.

There really should be way more outrage but for some reason it isn't catching on with people. Really all you have to do is juxtapose the images next to his statement and put it on tv.

Trey

On the other hand, we have Robey as a UDFA whom I love, and Seantrel is doing a nice job so far. Overall, roster is well put together, thin up front on DL though. That's a huge concern. Interior OL needs to develop too. Sometimes it's not just drafting but developing said talent.

Very true. They've been coaching up the o-linemen well for years now. Somehow Wood's career survived two broken legs.

I think Goodwin can be a huge asset if utilized like the Rams use Austin or the Vikings use Patterson. Seattle's Harvin is the obvious blueprint, and indeed the Bills gave Goodwin an end around against Miami. With the talent the Bills have in the backfield and relative success they enjoy in the running game, it will be there. Even further, as Hackett becomes more comfortable with Manuel's grasp of the game, Goodwin and all the other skill position players will enjoy better utilization of their talents.

There's too much speed on the Bills offense to not use it. Obviously this all hinges on Manuel taking that step - he's still too timid and inconsistent even for my lenient tastes.

Greg

Everyone is invited*!

I'll bring a new pack of ping pong balls!

Tamanon

Banned
eaQDhKN.png

Fuck the Vikings. Supporters of Domestic Abuse.

Fuck them.

Man, that seems a terrible answer. Not even a "While we don't condone this, we must wait for the courts to reach a decision." Just a flat out "Hey, it was just discipline".

The whole thing just sickens me. I can understand corporal punishment as part of a regular parenting routine, but not to that extent(spanking is the limit IMO), and not without a framework to include it in a balanced parenting approach. You can't just beat a kid you probably see a few weeks out of the year and only send checks for. You're not changing anything except instilling fear instead of an actual relationship.

I don't give a fuck what your mom did to you, people back in the day did all sorts of stupid shit, that's not an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom