• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

N64 controller was such hot garbage but there was something classic about being able to pass a blunt and kill people in perfect dark at the same time.

I honestly don't think it's as big a deal as it was during the GameCube Era. Third parties themselves have marginalized themselves to the point that if your game isn't a AAA blockbuster title good luck selling it. Even then it's not guaranteed.

Mobile gaming has eaten away the flesh of consoles. I would be surprised if any of the 3 main console manufacturers even bother with a box under the TV next generation.
You are crazy. PS4 and XB1 are killing ps3 and 360 at the same point. As long as new consoles outsell previous consoles they will keep releasing consoles.

cajunator

Banned
I honestly don't think it's as big a deal as it was during the GameCube Era. Third parties themselves have marginalized themselves to the point that if your game isn't a AAA blockbuster title good luck selling it. Even then it's not guaranteed.

Mobile gaming has eaten away the flesh of consoles. I would be surprised if any of the 3 main console manufacturers even bother with a box under the TV next generation.

Also I have a good PC with Steam and a Ps4

You are crazy. PS4 and XB1 are killing ps3 and 360 at the same point. As long as new consoles outsell previous consoles they will keep releasing consoles.

70% better than selling like shit is not killing. PS3 sold like 90K 10 months in.

Regardless though, consoles aren't flexible. Smartphones can do everything Consoles can now. Easier to integrate both technologies and create something that is always on the user (and that requires multiple people to buy and enjoy)

Nintendo's next system for sure won't be a stationary console.

eznark

Banned

This has no basis in reality

cajunator

Banned
The sort of games I used to enjoy are now basically super cheap on steam or the indie gaming scene. Thats where the meat is at now.

I'm surprised PC gaming exists with consoles dominating the market.

:tompenny

<konka> the thing is on tv
<konka> i think i'll watch this over steelers ravens

Konka even quitting football, full euro indeed

Carpenter's? Shit, what channel? I might watch that instead too, fuck it. I've had enough things to be miserable about this month, last thing I need is seeing another loss to the Steelers in another bad game.

LevelNth

Banned
CBS News still for some reason showing the video despite the victim's request and using the term 'knocked out his wife' like they are a bunch of damn teenagers. News media is so pathetic.

LevelNth

Banned
Wait what euphemism is the news media supposed to use to diminish Rices actions?
A professional news organization? If you don't think using the term 'assaulted' is more appropriate than 'delivered the knock-out punch' like it was a boxing match, then you are part of the problem.

Spinluck

70% better than selling like shit is not killing. PS3 sold like 90K 10 months in.

Regardless though, consoles aren't flexible. Smartphones can do everything Consoles can now. Easier to integrate both technologies and create something that is always on the user (and that requires multiple people to buy and enjoy)

Nintendo's next system for sure won't be a stationary console.

I feel like consoles becoming the living room entertainment box might extend their life.

I wouldn't be surprised if the future of TV rode on the backs of these entertainment systems.

Tamanon

Banned
Bisciotti is on full-court press. He should go down with Goodell.

Trying to blame a receptionist. :jnc

That was a REALLY weird tact for him to take. It was bizarre. I was half listening, but it sounds like he was accusing the AP of smearing the NFL?

RBH

Fox Sports 1's Mike Garafalo took to the streets outside M&T Bank Stadium to ask Ravens fans why they chose to wear Ray Rice's No. 27 jersey, despite him getting cut from the team and suspended by the NFL earlier this week.

Here's a quote from one Ravens fan:

"I don't believe in domestic violence, but I will say: any woman who can hit a man, a man shouldn't have to sit there and take the abuse."

Video: http://deadspin.com/ravens-fans-explain-why-theyre-wearing-ray-rice-jerseys-1633727826

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom