• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read he doesn't say anything particularly different. He says they didn't see the tape yet threw their support behind him entirely, then bailed on him when they saw the tape. Immediately. Not after a couple of days. So that "total support" stuff was a crock of shit then.

You're too colored by your Ravens hate. I'll cut right to the end, where he says:

We view ourselves as a family. Like families, we have used tough love in the past (fines, benching and releases) with repeat offenders. Because of his positive contributions on and off the field over the last six years, Ray had earned every benefit of the doubt from our organization. We took everything we knew and decided to support Ray Rice until we could not.

As much as we see these people as just players or celebrities, for them, it's a job. If one of my coworkers, who I share alot of my time and life with had something like this happen, especially if there wasn't a history, I'd probably give them the benefit of the doubt and desperately want it to not be true.

You want the Ravens to be the bad guys, but this would have gone down the exact same way on any team. It was going to look bad, but considering, I thought Bisciotti did the best he could with an exceedingly hard situation. "I am sorry we let you down."

cajunator

Banned
I would take Tampa (not going to face an easier opponent the rest of the season), Denver (KC is cooked) or Indy (Luck is 10-0 off a loss in his career)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregory...rmor-line-twice-did-linsanity-just-go-racist/

LOOOOOOL
I remember that one. Im Chinese too.

they should just sit him until playoffs

I like the odds of no concussions over a 4-game stretch!

DonkeyKongSuh

as long as I'm invited to the wedding

I thought it takes several weeks to a month waiting period for new members to post on Gaf? That comment just happened this week.

BxRTyogIMAAdfUe.png

g5r3AFh.gif

You're too colored by your Ravens hate. I'll cut right to the end, where he says:

As much as we see these people as just players or celebrities, for them, it's a job. If one of my coworkers, who I share alot of my time and life with had something like this happen, especially if there wasn't a history, I'd probably give them the benefit of the doubt and desperately want it to not be true.

You want the Ravens to be the bad guys, but this would have gone down the exact same way on any team. It was going to look bad, but considering, I thought Bisciotti did the best he could with an exceedingly hard situation. "I am sorry we let you down."

I'm not saying it wouldn't.

Let's face facts guys, ALL 32 TEAMS WILL PUT UP WITH HEINOUS SHIT IF THEY THINK A PLAYER CAN GET THEM WINS. NO, YOUR TEAM IS NOT MORE RIGHTEOUS.

That's not and never has been my issue. My issue with this is perception. Ray Rice isn't off the team because he beat his wife, he's off the team because millions of people saw him do it. The Ravens are fine to kick him off for that, but spare me the "pillar of the community" crap. They were empty words to sell keeping him, which lost all their power when the video surfaced.

Greg

I'll bring the video camera!!

To record drunk dancing of course
I'm going to make everyone sign an NDA

what happens on the dance floor stays on the dance floor!

I thought it takes several weeks to a month waiting period for new members to post on Gaf? That comment just happened this week.
I just made it up

Of course. Chicken wing Entree.
yes! just for that, your wedding gift will be a Foles jersey signed by Vick

rando14

Btw Happy Birthday Dutch!! For my gift to you, I shall steal Konka's girl by telling her I know Greg, and then giving her to you!!

xnipx

Yep.

It's pretty telling that the Rats supported him completely pre video, then couldn't drop him fast enough when video surfaced. What changed?

Ugh. This is the "Black people can call each other nigger but white people can't" argument and it's just as stupid here.

And Ozzie said ray rices story matches up with what the video showed. They did it 100% because they were embarrassed. Not because the video told a different story. While harbaugh and bisch are saying he mislead them. I don't buy it. And Ozzie has no reason to try and cover for ray, he didn't go to bama.

Gobias

Banned
That's true, but not with Ray Rice.

No one in the Ravens' front office thought Ray Rice was going to get them wins.

That's still the biggest surprise to me. Why did the NFL even bother protecting a player nobody really cares about anymore anyways when they knew it could easily come back to hurt them?

That's still the biggest surprise to me. Why did the NFL even bother protecting a player nobody really cares about anymore anyways when they knew it could easily come back to hurt them?

I agree. If this was Johnny Manziel, Tom Brady, Troy Polamalu, Adrian Peterson, etc, I'd really believe a cover up. But Ray Rice? After last season? Why?

Zeke

Racist

Colasante

Wow Dutch, just saw the OP. Beautiful! Long live the new king. How many 1st round picks can we get for that old bum in the offseason?

garoppolo.jpg

Bowser

Mays and Barnwell were talking about this on their latest podcast and how it's amazing that Norv Turner, a guy in his mid-60s who used to be the OC of the old school 90s Cowboys, seems to be able to more creatively use his offensive talent than Brian Schottenheimer.

zychi

Banned
So the ps4 i bought doesn't turn on. Blue light, two seconds, turns off. I should have just kept my original PS4. Now I get to deal with the hassle of exchanging it with Amazon :/

This made me smile

Ravens Release Joe Flacco After Seeing Video of him Playing Football

Shame us for Jameis.

That's what sucks. We aren't taking Mariota or Jameis.

CONTRACT:5 yr(s) / $35,000,000 SIGNING BONUS $15,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY $7,000,000 GUARANTEED:$15,000,000

We were talking NFL cover up.

Ravens clearly don't give a fuck about 9 million in dead money considering they'll be paying 15 million in dead money to Joe Flacco next year (and 28 million the following year, dear lord, that is terrible)

MechDX

Raiders OC Greg Olsen said scheming to deal with JJ is a nightmare. "He single-handedly wrecked that football game for the Redskins."--Dale Robertson Twitter

Run the other way works sometimes.

Tamanon

Banned
NFL-GAF, what are your honest thoughts on Destiny so far?

I really enjoy the parts where I shoot aliens or other Guardians. I don't know why I'm doing it, but I never knew why in other shooters either, so it's par for the course.

RBH

Rihanna has been pulled from tonight's game:

CBS Sports officials told SI.com that on Wednesday they changed the format of their Thursday Night Football pregame show (which airs at 7:30 p.m. ET tonight) as a result of all the news over the last 72 hours. The network will now open its pregame with a report from CBS This Morning anchor Norah O’Donnell, who interviewed NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday. O’Donnell will be on the set in Baltimore with Thursday Night pregame host James Brown.

CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus said the network has also pulled an opener featuring actor Don Cheadle doing narration over Rihanna's “Run This Town." A comedic segment was also jettisoned.

“It’s important to realize we are not overreacting to this story but it is as big a story as has faced the NFL,” McManus told SI.com from Baltimore Thursday afternoon. “We thought journalistically and from a tone standpoint, we needed to have the appropriate tone and coverage. A lot of the production elements we wanted in the show are being eliminated because of time or tone.”

The pregame was initially going to open with a football-centric conversation on the Ravens and Steelers with TNF pregame staffers Brown, Bill Cowher, Deion Sanders and members of NFL Network, and what still will make air is an extended interview Brown conducted with Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti. Both CBS and NFL Network officials have previously stressed that they consider NFL Total Access Kickoff, which will air on the NFL Network beginning at 6 p.m. ET, as the start of one pregame show over two networks. (You’ll see talent on both networks floating between the two shows.) The NFL Network is expected to lead its pregame show at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m with the Rice story.

Asked how much pressure he felt from the league on the handling of the NFL Commissioner, McManus said, “Zero."

McManus said the CBS pregame show will include a report from NFL headquarters featuring NFL Network reporter Judy Battista on the latest news. He added his on-air staff would not be giving an opinion on whether Goodell should or should not resign, “but we will certainly present all the different points of view.”

When asked if anyone from the NFL had called CBS Sports executives to dictate what should be on the pregame show, McManus said, “Absolutely 100 percent no and if you listened to the questions asked by Norah O’Donnell, that is indicative of our position with respect to asking the hard questions and reporting the story.”
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/11/cbs-thursday-night-football-ray-rice-rihanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom