• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pittsburgh and Baltimore is usually a "meteor game" for me.

However lately I like PIttsburgh way better than Baltimore so go Steelers I guess.

stafford.gif

Stevie Brown just looks at the QB and runs right into DRC instead of picking up the coverage. DRC is in pretty good coverage up to that point. Even if Stevie had maintained coverage you're looking a a one one situation here that Megatron can win but at least its a contested ball.

That is pretty fun. Here I was chalking up the way Stafford looked based on being in a real offensive system, not coached by Scott Linnehan
sorry Cowboy fans :-(
. But Really, it was Stevie Brown's fault.

Anyway, the Panthers front 7 is terrifying. Detroit's O-line looked okay, but not great against the Giants. I think Raiola and Warford might get abused by Star and Short. And Kuechly will do what he does. Kelvin Benjamin and Greg Olson might make our secondary look stupid. Losing the Nickel for the season hurts when an undrafted FA is your next guy up and the 2 starting corners are a shaky 2nd year guy and an old man living on a prayer. May Glover Quinn manage to be everywhere on the field.

But we do get to see more sweet sweet Levy and Tulloch action and a glimpse at Whitehead this week. I'm excited to see what he can do. Detroit spent almost the whole game in Nickel against the Giants so I never got to see how Whitehead would look :-(

Detroit wins 52-2

Scott Mitchell is on The Biggest Loser?

That's what that asshole gets for trying to turn down me asking for his autograph back in the 90s.

(I wanted the Lions offense all on the same football).

minx

That amount of people that got caught up in the Destiny hype is hilarious.

Anyways, can I stream the game tonight on my phone or is Verizon required?

KaYotiX

Banned

I'm enjoying the game alot, but I wasn't expecting the second coming.... Ppl need to keep expectations in check

Also, Steelers win by 17

RBH

Former NFL executive Bill Polian was brought onto SportsCenter this morning to give some insight into the NFL's bungling of the Ray Rice situation. He was specifically asked if he, as someone who has worked in the NFL office, thought it was possible for an NFL executive to have obtained a copy of the tape showing Ray Rice knocking out his then-fiancée in an elevator, as was reported by the AP yesterday, and not have shown that tape to Roger Goodell or any other NFL execs.

The video above is Polian's answer to that question, which aired on SportsCenter at 10:47 a.m. Here is a transcription of what he said:

"It is very puzzling to me. As a matter of fact, I worked as a vice president in the NFL office in 1993, with respect to football operations. I know how the office works, I've physically been there—it was a different building, not the one they're in now—but it's very difficult for me to understand how that could happen. Especially when you're in a situation that is as high-profile as that particular incident is. It's puzzling, and I have as many questions as everyone else. It's outside my area of expertise. For all the years that I was in the NFL, NFL security, and the NFL's ability to protect its integrity, the so-called "protection of the shield," was unmatched in American business. Forget about sports—in American business. I mean, you did not step out of line in the NFL, and if you did, there was an unwritten rule that when you were called into the office—and met with someone who was the commissioner or there at the behest of the commissioner—that you better come clean, that you better tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. And if you work in the office, you better be on top of the details. The office was there to make sure that the clubs, the players, the reputation of the NFL reamined unsullied. That goes back to the 1960's with the administration of Pete Rozelle. So this is totally, totally out of character for what I know of the NFL office."

That segment ended up getting cut short, perhaps due to a technical mishap, and so Polian was brought back on the air at 11:08 a.m., at which point he was asked the exact same question by Chris McKendry.

And here is a transcription:

"Well it can happen. It's a very large organization, much larger than when I served in the league office, maybe much larger by a factor of 10. When you have a large, bureaucratic organization, which that is, and there are some that think it is too large, very honestly. Things can slip through the cracks. Someone can make a value judgement who has no right to make that judgement. The CEO, who is in effect Roger Goodell, doesn't get all the information he needs all the time. That's a fact of life in bureaucracies. In this case, we'll find out what happened, and they'll absolutely, they being the NFL and Roger, will have to take steps to make sure it never happens again."

So, what the hell happened here? In the first segment, Polian makes the NFL out to be the East German Stasi, where a low-level executive wouldn't dare hide pertinent information from his or her superiors for fear of swift and merciless retribution. But then here comes Polian 20 minutes later, describing the NFL offices as a run-of-the-mill bureaucracy where of course vital pieces of information could fall through the cracks.

Bill Polian either has a hard time maintaining consistent opinions for longer than 20 minutes at a time, or something spooked him into softening his answer during that second go-round. If we assume the first answer to be the truest one, you can probably guess what that something might have been.
http://deadspin.com/bill-polian-disagrees-with-bill-polians-insider-opinion-1633593081

minx

I'm enjoying the game alot, but I wasn't expecting the second coming.... Ppl need to keep expectations in check

Also, Steelers win by 17

Same. I knew what the game was from the beta so my disappointment was set in reality then. Just like it's already set that the Bears will be the lone bottom dwellers this week.

Destiny is a great game! I'm having a lot of fun with it!
Yeah, Destiny is pretty fun. Plenty of flaws and it's a little lacking in mechanical depth but it's super polished and the core gameplay is solid. Shooting tons of dudes in the face with friends is still pretty dang fun.

Glad these games are on CBS now too

I don't get it. Half the ppl claiming played both the alpha and beta extensively and knew what it was. I personally love the game.

jakncoke

Banned
Glad these games are on CBS now too

I don't get it. Half the ppl claiming played both the alpha and beta extensively and knew what it was. I personally love the game.

Shame they all arent. Maybe they will be once they realize how much better ratings they can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom