• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

I wonder why the other sports leagues get less attention for domestic violence in the USA? When Semyon Varlamov of the Colorado Avalanche beat his girlfriend there was barely a whisper in the U.S. , but it was a huge topic of conversation in Canadain TV. Makes you think.
It never got much play in the nfl either. Hell this happens every season a handful of players get busted for smacking a women around and not a peep. The difference this time is there is video proof. I'm convinced if that video never got released rice would be playing and not word would be said in media coverage

Crisco

Banned
I wonder why the other sports leagues get less attention for domestic violence in the USA? When Semyon Varlamov of the Colorado Avalanche beat his girlfriend there was barely a whisper in the U.S. , but it was a huge topic of conversation in Canadain TV. Makes you think.

Same reason why the NFL's drug policy didn't change until a white guy got busted.

Pro

like be seen in public with her

Lol, but in all seriousness Rodgers is a funny dude if you follow him on Twitter. I'm inclined to think all the hover hands and awkward pics have been done on purpose to play with the media.

rando14

Pretty sure I didn't.

These things have a fail rate of >50% anyways, and I think this time I'm caught on the wrong side.

Wtf what kind of bullcrap test has a failure rate of 50%!! Sounds to me like the professor writing it is making stupid exams!!

Greg

Lol, but in all seriousness Rodgers is a funny dude if you follow him on Twitter. I'm inclined to think all the hover hands and awkward pics have been done on purpose to play with the media.
yeah, he's awesome
10582943_10152637978155073_6719064805111548119_o.jpg

Pretty sure I didn't.

These things have a fail rate of >50% anyways, and I think this time I'm caught on the wrong side.
no curve?

Ds get degrees*!

JABEE

Hockey is to Canada what the NFL is to the United States.

Milchjon

Wtf what kind of bullcrap test has a failure rate of 50%!! Sounds to me like the professor writing it is making stupid exams!!

yeah, he's awesome

no curve?

Ds get degrees*!

Hard subjects and lazy students. I honestly understand it, because not learning these things sets you up for failure in future courses and exams are the only way to force students to actually dive into it.

Still, it's quite a shock coming from a more business/communications-oriented bachelor where I scored pretty much straight As and graduated top of my class with honors. I'm really not used to German engineering degrees and actually failing classes. I mean, in most of these degrees, like 30% of all freshmen actually finish the thing.

effzee

Love Beer companies of all people upset about reckless behavior and what the NFL stands for.

Where were they during the vehicular manslaughter cases?

And like mentioned, people in OT sports threads are special. Don't either watch the sport or care for it but then claim that's it I'm done.

BTW people hit their kids. All around the world. Big difference between hitting lightly and abusing. Peterson is at the far spectrum with the abuse. I was under the impression spanking was the norm in America?

Milchjon

I love how Xbhakharshwhateverthenameis is like my US soccer twin.

Get into a stupid sport that no one around you is into and troll the shit out of the one that everyone loves! Nothing better to boost your popularity.

effzee

I love how Xbhakharshwhateverthenameis is like my US soccer twin.

Get into a stupid sport that no one around you is into and troll the shit out of the one that everyone loves! Nothing better to boost your popularity.

Yup he pops into every NFL thread to talk about the "issues" and how he used to watch but doesn't now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Holy shit, it was a miserable 105-110 degrees of hot humid weather in the Temecula Valley and all of the sudden it started pouring rain

Patriots7

Love Beer companies of all people upset about reckless behavior and what the NFL stands for.

And like mentioned, people in OT sports threads are special. Don't either watch the sport or care for it but then claim that's it I'm done.

BTW people hit their kids. All around the world. Big difference between hitting lightly and abusing. Peterson is at the far spectrum with the abuse. I was under the impression spanking was the norm in America?
It is the norm.
Alternative discipline methods are becoming more prevalent, but still.

Greg

Hard subjects and lazy students. I honestly understand it, because not learning these things sets you up for failure in future courses and exams are the only way to force students to actually dive into it.

Still, it's quite a shock coming from a more business/communications-oriented bachelor where I scored pretty much straight As and graduated top of my class with honors. I'm really not used to German engineering degrees and actually failing classes. I mean, in most of these degrees, like 30% of all freshmen actually finish the thing.
I understand weeding people out of a program, but you think that should be more for the disinterested

it's bullshit that there are always those classes that the tests can give you struggles no matter how good of a grasp you have on the material

Milchjon

I understand weeding people out of a program, but you think that should be more for the disinterested

it's bullshit that there are always those classes that the tests can give you struggles no matter how good of a grasp you have on the material

Won't claim that I did.

I am not a smart man.

Tom Penny

People abusing a product is their fault?

MechDX

Sports Biz ‏@CNBCSportsBiz · 7m
Castol statement: "In light of recent event, Castrol has decided to end our relationship with Adrian Peterson."

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall · 6m
@E60 is running a piece on me tonight that they lied to me about. It was suppose to be a story on a camp. They followed me around 2 years

Damn!

Bread

Banned
Just got a nostalgia overload from the Diablo thread on gaming side, fuck that game was something else. Can't believe it came out in 96.

Washington's 2013 draft class:
David Amerson
Jordan Reed
Phillip Thomas
Chris Thompson
Brandon Jenkins
Bacarri Rambo
Jawan Jamison

Thompson's on the practice squad, Reed's inactive, and Amerson's a starter, everybody else is long gone. jfc, that's gotta be a record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom