• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Love Beer companies of all people upset about reckless behavior and what the NFL stands for.

Where were they during the vehicular manslaughter cases?

And like mentioned, people in OT sports threads are special. Don't either watch the sport or care for it but then claim that's it I'm done.

BTW people hit their kids. All around the world. Big difference between hitting lightly and abusing. Peterson is at the far spectrum with the abuse. I was under the impression spanking was the norm in America?

If they are so against it they should pull advertising dollars. but of course they wont. Its just a front.

In any case Im not against spanking. I was spanked plenty. If the kid is old enough and the method used is like a belt or a paddle or a hand, its fine with me. Discipline works differently with people. It kept me on a good path. But I also realize that spanking isnt going to work with everyone. It affects people differently, so you kind of have to know what it will do to your kid and for gods sake dont be abusive about it. If you break the skin or cause any lasting physical or emotional damage youre doing it wrong. Its a very temporary reminder that what you did was messed up and conditions you to not want to do it again. If done right, spanking wont even be necessary for very long. But abuse is not spanking at all.

Milchjon

I was spanked too. I did some stupid shit, I deserved it, and my parents only used it sparingly and when the reasons were clear. I don't think it had measurable negative effects on me.

I still think it's wrong, and just because I love my parents and think it did me no harm doesn't mean it's right.

Also with my goddaughter being about 18 months old, I simply can't see how you could do this shit to such a small child.

Oh well, maybe I'll rethink my stance once I have kids. But I still think there have to be better disciplining methods.

cdyhybrid

Fuck discipline methods, let's talk about this:

YZG5vAq.png

cdyhybrid

Cards

The Cardinals made three moves to their 53-player roster on Tuesday, adding one player and parting ways with two others.

Arriving is ex-Saints outside linebacker Victor Butler, who signed with the club today, Darren Urban of AzCardinals.com reported. The 27-year-old Butler recorded 89 tackles and 11 sacks with Dallas from 2009-2012 before joining New Orleans last year. However, Butler missed the 2013 season after an ACL tear, and the Saints released him this August.

In the other roster moves, the Cardinals released outside linebacker Marcus Benard (first reported by Rand Getlin of Yahoo! Sports) and waived punter Drew Butler.
The departure of Butler signals punter Dave Zastudil is ready to return to the lineup after forgoing kicking for two games because of a left groin injury.

The transactions leave the Cardinals with one open roster spot, which is expected to go to outside linebacker John Abraham, who’s rejoining the team after a week away because of a concussion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/cardinals-sign-olb-victor-butler-release-two/

bionic77

Thursday night football is an abomination.

I need a longer break between football games!

After Spygate this is Goodells biggest failure as commish. Sometimes you have to put on your big boy pants and not just be a yes man to every stupid idea that Kraft and Jerry give you.

Also I am 2-0 in Fantasy Football but I can't get any joy from this shit because the Steelers suck. I still don't get fantasy...

Fox318

Thursday night football is an abomination.

I need a longer break between football games!

After Spygate this is Goodells biggest failure as commish. Sometimes you have to put on your big boy pants and not just be a yes man to every stupid idea that Kraft and Jerry give you.

Also I am 2-0 in Fantasy Football but I can't get any joy from this shit because the Steelers suck. I still don't get fantasy...

Only reason why there aren't NFL games on Friday and Saturday is because its illegal.

Crisco

Banned
was this posted?
https://vine.co/v/Oz0OOVOPV22

Steve Smith is mad

I love the guy, but he gets himself worked up about someone/thing before every game and against every opponent. It's funny how much press this is getting though, Simmons and Cousin Sal called it "the game of the year" on their podcast today. Ridiculous for a guy that was mostly maligned by the national media during his time as a Panther.

bionic77

Only reason why there aren't NFL games on Friday and Saturday is because its illegal.
While I love football, this is getting out of hand,

Some of us need time to work, study, sleep etc.

Not all of us are leeches on society like Gata who can watch football/post on GAF/mug old ladies crossing the street all day. Some of us have mortgages to pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom