• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Hardcore History is not a noodle podcast.

Based on your pictures of women you should learn your history from Pawn Stars.

For real.

The Browns have more talent than the Steelers or Ravens.

If Flacco Flaccos and the ravens get down it could get ugly...

Sunday is the tipping point.

We know Cincy is good, but I think it's still unclear about the rest. We barely lost to Cincy, you barely beat the Browns, we blew you out. I'm not sold that we all don't suck, but I know if we beat the Browns, it'll be because of our defense, which has not looked bad (Lardarious note fen back yet).

At that point, like a damn fool, I'll get hopeful again.

I'm sending in some reinforcements.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-29-at-3.45.15-PM.png
They're magically delicious!

bionic77

Sunday is the tipping point.

We know Cincy is good, but I think it's still unclear about the rest. We barely lost to Cincy, you barely beat the Browns, we blew you out. I'm not sold that we all don't suck, but I know if we beat the Browns, it'll be because of our defense, which has not looked bad (Lardarious note fen back yet).

At that point, like a damn fool, I'll get hopeful again.
The Steelers offense should have scored 20 points. But the dumb fumbles killed us.

On the other hand the Ravens should have scored 50. Flacco just got in the way in the redzone.

I think our offense is better than yours but it is hard to find a defense worse than ours.

The Browns are solid on both sides of the ball. They are going to be dangerous if they stay healthy and start to believe (going against their entire miserable existence since their rebirth).

I would be worried as a Ravens fan...

The Steelers offense should have scored 20 points. But the dumb fumbles killed us.

On the other hand the Ravens should have scored 50. Flacco just got in the way in the redzone.

I think our offense is better than yours but it is hard to find a defense worse than ours.

The Browns are solid on both sides of the ball. They are going to be dangerous if they stay healthy and start to believe (going against their entire miserable existence since their rebirth).

I would be worried as a Ravens fan...

Orioles just clinched the division. Browns are the Browns. Not worried about anything right now.

ed: ^^ Earwolf's pretty good!

Nationals and Orioles just clinched playoffs.

I'm worried about nothing. Fuck it. Burn Ohio to the ground, and a new basement for Flacco rises from the ashes with a fresh Super Bowl ring inside.

Narag

Hardcore History is not a noodle podcast.

Based on your pictures of women you should learn your history from Pawn Stars.

Maybe Dan Carlin is the one destined to reach noodle's troubled soul via tales of history and cause him to repent his sinful ways.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Ghosts of the Ostfront is the GOAT Hardcore History series.

I think his weakest series was Death Throes of the Republic. If you've read Tom Holland's book Rubicon, it feels like Dan relied on this book heavily as a reference and the framework for his story telling. The last 6 hour episode is a suitably epic conclusion.

It's funny because if you purchased the Thor's Angels "EXTRA" hardcore history pod, Dan explains that Death Throes was originally going to be a stand alone episode on Cleopatra. Quite a divergence there. In the same EXTRA he mentions that Thor's Angels originally started out as an episode devoted to Charlemagne.

JABEE

Ghosts of the Ostfront is the GOAT Hardcore History series.

I think his weakest series was Death Throes of the Republic. If you've read Tom Holland's book Rubicon, it feels like Dan relied on this book heavily as a reference and the framework for his story telling. The last 6 hour episode is a suitably epic conclusion.

It's funny because if you purchased the Thor's Angels "EXTRA" hardcore history pod, Dan explains that Death Throes was originally going to be a stand alone episode on Cleopatra. Quite a divergence there. In the same EXTRA he mentions that Thor's Angels originally started out as an episode devoted to Charlemagne.

Ghosts of the Osfront is incredible and at the same time painfully sad. Carlin is a brilliant storyteller.

bionic77

Hardcore History is the best.

Also, I can't stop laughing at phone wars.
Phone wars are so sad.

Like watching Gata trying to touch the rim.

Android users are getting really crazy. Used to be that Apple fans were the bigger trolls. I truly believe than Samsung and Apple will be official religions in 20 more years. This will be the new holy war replacing the one going on in the Middle East.

MRSA

Banned
jak has informed me that someone might be lining up a job for him.

Whoever contacted Chick-Fil-A for jak should be deemed an American hero.

Orioles just clinched the division. Browns are the Browns. Not worried about anything right now.

Just a week ago you were all doom and gloom and "ravens are gonna lose their first 10 games or some BS, and you beat the Steelers and suddenly Ravens are back!

lol. I hope we win and put you back in your little funk. If not, well hell, we're used to it :p

bionic77

The Nationals are not from Maryland.

What the shit is this? Bionic, I always thought you were good people for a Steelers fan, but now? I just don't know.
:lol

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I will not stand for another year of the Ravens or Bungles winning this precious division. Usually the Steelers make sure that doesn't happen but they may not be up to the task as they seem to have forgotten to field a real defense. The lesser of the 3 evils is clearly the Browns. Logic dictates that is the Steelers are done early I hit a line, get some strippers pregnant and go all in on Johnny mania. We will both be supporting the team as fans!

MRSA

Banned
Smartphone fanboys are almost as horrible as Pats fans.

That being said, I'm getting my iPhone 6 on Friday. I read that people are lining up early for the phone, mother fuckin lining up for a phone?

jakncoke

Banned
jak has informed me that someone might be lining up a job for him.

Whoever contacted Chick-Fil-A for jak should be deemed an American hero.

The closest Chick Fil A is probably Erie, also I went there once. It pissed me off. The chicken sandwich was bs. The chicken and lettuce was like 2 time the bun

Smartphone fanboys are almost as horrible as Pats fans.

That being said, I'm getting my iPhone 6 on Friday. I read that people are lining up early for the phone, mother fuckin lining up for a phone?

I got an iphone 4 on ebay for dirt cheap, I dropped it, the back cracked and I'm still using it.

Just a week ago you were all doom and gloom and "ravens are gonna lose their first 10 games or some BS, and you beat the Steelers and suddenly Ravens are back!

That's what I do! (And I said we'd lose our first 14)

But I don't believe I said "we're back", I said Sunday's a tipping point. We'll know what we have after Sunday.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Phone wars are so sad.

Like watching Gata trying to touch the rim.

Android users are getting really crazy. Used to be that Apple fans were the bigger trolls.

I cant even tell if people are being serious or trolling in those threads. It's a weird mix.

That's what I do! (And I said we'd lose our first 14)

But I don't believe I said "we're back", I said Sunday's a tipping point. We'll know what we have after Sunday.

It is a big game for sure. I doubt Cameron's gonna be back, so you got that going for ya.

Grats on the Orioles btw. We love our baseball here too and looks like the Tribe's gonna come up short. Least you will win your division and not play in that one game wild card bs. 162 games for a 1 game playoff. pft.

Fuck Baseball

- Signed,

Jilted Sox Fan

Every time I see Luck play I am amazed at his talent. Dude is one of the best in the league. Once he gets more talent it is going to be scary. He is a better version of Big Ben.

Fuck the stats.

Fuck the media.

Embrace your own eyes.

My eyes: He's a teeny bit overrated.

He has moments of absolute brilliance, but he still has the occasional missed throw, bad decision that you would expect from a guy his age. He's not the finished product that some people like to make him out as.

In fact, I don't see a huge gap right now between him and his contemporaries (meaning Wussy, Cam, and Kaepernick. Guys like Locker and Dalton are nowhere in the same class, and Bob Griff can't stay on the field).

But I think when Luck takes that next step, whether it be this year or in the near future, he'll be untouchable.

"@ckparrot: So...someone just pointed this out to me. In the 3rd Q w/ 6:30 left Tannehill completed a pass on 2nd & 15 that went for about 15-16 yards."

"@ckparrot: A Bills DB was called for holding. Philbin accepted the 5 yard penalty instead of the 15-16 yard catch. Yikes."

Smh #thatssodolphins

I don't know how that drive finished but still fuck philbin

Edit: also i guess zach thomas got nominates to hof, hope he makes it

bionic77

Fuck Baseball

- Signed,

Jilted Sox Fan

My eyes: He's a teeny bit overrated.

He has moments of absolute brilliance, but he still has the occasional missed throw, bad decision that you would expect from a guy his age. He's not the finished product that some people like to make him out as.

In fact, I don't see a huge gap right now between him and his contemporaries (meaning Wussy, Cam, and Kaepernick. Guys like Locker and Dalton are nowhere in the same class, and Bob Griff can't stay on the field).

But I think when Luck takes that next step, whether it be this year or in the near future, he'll be untouchable.
To me Luck is a better player and more talented as a qb than Kap, Wuss or Cam.

Kap is the best athlete. Strongest arm and probably the fastest. But if he had to live in the pocket he would suck.

Wussle makes much better decisions than Kap and is also athletic. Makes the most of playing on a stacked team. Exactly what SF has missed the last 3 years.

Cam is a beast and carries that team. Amazingly tough for the amount of hits he takes.

But none of those guys is in the same level as Luck (IMHO). I mean some of the throws he makes are just insane and he does it multiple times every game. He is also really smart and knows how to run the whole offense (much moreso than his contemporaries).

I might be crazy but I think he is in the conversation for best qb in the league. And he will make a stronger stake for that title the more experience he gets.

Indys dbag owner is the luckiest SOB in the league...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom