• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
19cb4b445938e445277274e7a30ab940_zps38d3b5d4.png
10/10

Vyroxis

Banned
Welcome. You can begin worshiping JJ Watt.........now.

I have always said JJ was a spectacular player. He is seriously the key to their defense. Him and Clowney on the same line is almost frightening to think about if they are both at their peak.

Gobias

Banned
Nah, I am officially squickening because the Vikings are playing peterson despite him being a child beater. As for the Texans, I have always rooted for them on the side. Not sure why though.

What are you gonna do when the Texans draft Winston?

Also fuuu western i'll fmt on all your family lawns and history you punk ass chocha with a a mini me weenie

Yo you just threaten me. I don't feel safe anymore.

BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN

THIS DUDE JUST THREATEN ME BAN HIM!!!!!!

Son plz... I'll family tree your ass too.

i'm playing the forza horizon 2 demo. i feel like taking this off by buy list because they make you sit through this crappy/embarrassingly lame opening cinematic

Bread

Banned
i'm playing the forza horizon 2 demo. i feel like taking this off by buy list because they make you sit through this crappy/embarrassingly lame opening cinematic
yup i just muted my tv, no way i'm listening to that shit.

fuck this music is like madonna house shit what the fuck

JABEE

I'm still pumped about the Eagles winning that game on Monday night. My feelings on this team are that they are the closest they have been to contending since the 02-04 run where they were favorites every season. I think the defense does look better than last season despite what others have said.

The offense is my concern, but they have still been able to produce without Foles being locked in and our receivers being non-existent in terms of contributions to the passing game. Once the Eagles get back into the swing of things, they will be hard to compete with in terms of offensive production. I like their balanced offensive approach against all but a select few teams in a shootout. I think the Eagles defense is finally capable of getting off the field on third down.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Finally unbanned. I had so much I wanted to say over that time, but really kinda lost the fire to write it all down. During the next game it'll get riled up again, but I guess my thoughts on the pats.

- Our o-line is a disaster, still confused on the mankins move.
- Revis has bounced back a little, but it was cassel and Jennings.
- Mayo may have been just getting in to game shape, definitely bounced back a bit in game 2.
- jamie collins was a disaster
- Chandler Jones has nobody to help him out.
- McCourty is the real deal at FS.
- Pat chung continues to prove he's the worst at his position in the game.

Finally the biggest problem with this team, and the pats as a whole is that I'm finally coming to grips with the fact that Tom is indeed in sharp decline. I think he could do alright if he had a better group around him, the only one I really trust out of them is Edelman, Gronk still isn't right. I truly think if somebody is stupid enough to throw a ton at them for Gronk they should snatch that up. All this being said, Brady could've made this work fine years ago, but the combo of him aging, the talent not being there, and the line being a massive disaster. I really don't know what to contribute the sharp decline to, because it's not just that the timing and strength isn't there, it's downright awful decision making. I'm very interested to see what happens next season when his base salary plummets.

cdyhybrid

Belichick tanked the line to make Brady look worse than he is, making the blow softer for the fanbase when he cuts Brady or trades him to the Jets after the season.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Belichick tanked the line to make Brady look worse than he is, making the blow softer for the fanbase when he cuts Brady or trades him to the Jets after the season.

With teams like the raiders given up a kings ransom for someone like palmer a few years back I think Brady could fetch quite a nice haul.

edit- also Belichick the GM is a shit show.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ok now I'm refinding that anger lol. Belichick has pissed me off with this team and the way he's handled it for the last few years. On one hand they've had so much success, but on the other they've been lucky to have Tom play as well as he did, and help cover up those record breaking defenses (the bad kind if you didn't catch that). The weird thing is I genuinely believe he could fix or at least aknowledge a lot of these issues, however he has this childish, obsessive need to defy naysayers and do it his way and nobody elses. How does Matt Patricia still have a job? How does Josh Boyer still have a job?

His desire to pick at least one "surprise" pick a year is perfect proof that this guy loves to go against the grain, in an attempt to stroke his ego. It's really a win win, because when a MASSIVE draft mistake like Tavon Wilson gets picked, leaving fans and every expert in the world scratching their head, and going ..... uhhhh who? The pundits all cry "in bill we trust", but if by some miracle, that crappy player not cut out for the nfl, proves everyone wrong like Brady did, then he can say "hey I found that guy and I picked him before everyone else". What really pisses me off about it, is if he KNOWS this guy isn't going to be taken, then why the hell waste a valuable pick on him? It's simply to stroke that ego and let people know he doesn't give a shit, he's going to do what he wants. I'm VERY interested to see how he does in the post-brady era, because I'm becoming more and more convinced it's been all on Tom. I know he wasn't there in 08, but that division was a joke, you had the 1-15 dolphins go 11-5 and make the playoffs. The schedule was an absolute cake walk, they had 1 of the best receivers of all time, and another hall of famer in his prime in Welker, and the defense was the best the pats had in years. We'll see how it plays out going forward, but I think Bill would've gotten some serious flak and things could've escalated quickly if they didn't luck into that disaster of a performance. And again we pull the raiders next.

minx

Ebron currently has 3 catches for 38 yards making virtually no impact so far.

Fuller currently has 2 interceptions virtually winning the game for the Bears against the 49ers.

Still ecstatic with that pic Kas? Seriously what the fuck was Detroit thinking not getting a CB in the first round?

I'm still pumped about the Eagles winning that game on Monday night. My feelings on this team are that they are the closest they have been to contending since the 02-04 run where they were favorites every season. I think the defense does look better than last season despite what others have said.

The offense is my concern, but they have still been able to produce without Foles being locked in and our receivers being non-existent in terms of contributions to the passing game. Once the Eagles get back into the swing of things, they will be hard to compete with in terms of offensive production. I like their balanced offensive approach against all but a select few teams in a shootout. I think the Eagles defense is finally capable of getting off the field on third down.
Jabee my friend you are nuts if you think this defense is good enough for the playoffs. Colts are a terrible rushing team and they ran it right down the Eagles throat.

JABEE

Jabee my friend you are nuts if you think this defense is good enough for the playoffs. Colts are a terrible rushing team and they ran it right down the Eagles throat.

The Eagles were a really good run-stopping team last season. The defense looked just like last season's Saints game in how they were completely unprepared to stop the run. I think they are better than what they showed against the Colts. For some reason, the Eagles played admirably against Luck and the passing game, their weakness. Everything is upside down.

The Eagles have a good enough offense to overcome the defense's shakiness. I still feel like the defense is not as shitty as you think.

It's disgusting how obvious it is that the Cowboys are right on track for yet another 8-8 season. At least they'll bring the lols along the way.

MechDX

As a lifelong Vikings fan, I hate to do it. But even though I am pro-spanking, I cannot condone what Peterson did.

I therefor throw my support in with the Texans. What part of the Cycle are we in so I can adjust my drinking appropriately?

Also, I shall need a new avatar. Shit.

Squeeeeeeeee

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ebron currently has 3 catches for 38 yards making virtually no impact so far.

Fuller currently has 2 interceptions virtually winning the game for the Bears against the 49ers.

Still ecstatic with that pic Kas? Seriously what the fuck was Detroit thinking not getting a CB in the first round?

They weren't thinking. Mayhew has no idea what he's doing.

As for AP, I don't care that they made the decision to do it at 2 AM. It will be all over the news today. They made the right move. Too bad it took their sponsors leaving to do it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Peterson is exempt until all his legal issues are taken care of.

His court date is October 8. If he plea bargains it could fasttrack things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom