• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, that's a good point. I mean he did play better than SB. Maybe 3rd game is the charm where he figures out the Seahawks? I can dream.

There's not much to figure out. Take away the run game and you play right into their hands. Look at the Chargers, 101 rushing yards, kept the defense honest. Defense is considerably more effective when there is no threat of running. Pass rush and man coverage all day long. If we had more than a half-assed commitment to the run, then the offense would have been more effective.

Personally, I think it's time to commit to that running game. I love Peyton, but he's going to have to give up some touches to develop these guys. Otherwise, we are going to have a hard time in tight games like this.

3:1 Turnover ratio if recall. Good on the Hawks.

Yes, that was bad. Credit to the Seahawks for making this an emphasis. Denver tried to make ball possession important, but it wasn't good enough this game. Bad ball handling, and bad throws into triple coverage aren't going to win it.

Bright side is that pass protection was better this game.

The fact that the job of commissioner has been relegated to exclusively making owners money is a travesty. The public has an interest in the commissioner of a sports leagues the job of commissioner was created to police the leagues and conferences not to be a corporate lapdog. (ie. the Black Sox scandal.)

More people should be calling this out. Rooney and Mara are overseeing an investigation and at the same time supporting the person that they are investigating. This investigation is nothing more than a formality. They will lay it all on some underling and talk about committees.

Goodell can do whatever he wants because the role of commissioner is now about unlimited capitalism. The fans are no longer viewed as an important stakeholder in the league.

I'm not going to pretend I have the acumen to run the largest sports league in North America but I do kind of like how Deadspin broke down what a 'good' commissioner should strive to be. http://deadspin.com/what-should-a-commissioner-be-1636306197

As a Giants fan, I do admit I rolled my eyes when they brought Mara (and Rooney) to "assist" in the investigation or whatever. I 'get' why though. They are owners (and families) of two of the oldest teams in the league and have pull, but it is pretty amazing that the league straight up openly doesn't care what you or I think of said "independent" investigation. No one is buying it, and them just saying "We're stalling for time" might even have earned a modicum of respect.

Hunter S.

Yes, that was bad. Credit to the Seahawks for making this an emphasis. Denver tried to make ball possession important, but it wasn't good enough this game. Bad ball handling, and bad throws into triple coverage aren't going to win it.

Bright side is that pass protection was better this game.
Ball is a little questionable in regards to fumbles. The other one by Thomas was a little more of a normal game situation gone bad. He was running in tight coverage before he had complete control of the ball

Yeah, I do not remember the number of sacks, but it seemed like when the team was confident in the 1st and forth quarters Manning had time in the pocket.

Kiryu

Which do you like better?
10646825_10152367412891476_1035310728550485617_n.jpg

or previous one.
10403479_641760792611014_277431272392099641_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom