• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I never see this, Matt Millen knocking out Patriots GM after game.

ByEYeU3CcAAllub.jpg
What's the story behind this

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
It's crazy because they were 6-2 on the road last year.

How many teams would take that road record before the season if you offered it to them?

Spoiler:
All of them

There's also the assumption that a team that went 13-3 and won the Super Bowl last year is only good at home because they're cheating, but you know...Tabris.

ok... Im not saying i agree with Tabris that they're cheating, but to say they are as good defensively on the road as they are at home would be inaccurate.

Also that 6-2 road record was against at least 4 losing teams, two of which won 4 games or less. Yea you're right, the rest of the league would love that road schedule as well.

j-wood

I'm a Titans fan :(

I almost threw the remote through the TV at that Dalton play.

Post conference that guy said he wasn't sure how to hit the QB and not commit a penalty, so he went for the ball instead. Thanks Goodell.

eznark

Banned

Post conference that guy said he wasn't sure how to hit the QB and not commit a penalty, so he went for the ball instead. Thanks Goodell.

But...he went away from the ball.

One more thing for #Raiders and GM Reggie McKenzie: Team thinks this draft will be fantastic: Mack, Carr, Jackson, Ellis, Carrie

#Raiders source close to Mark Davis notes GMs get more than one coach. Belief is foundation being built, Reggie McKenzie in no trouble

#Raiders source: What good does firing Dennis Allen do? You’re paying him anyway, let him coach his way out of it. Tune back Week 12 or so

My GameDay 1st #Raiders update source close to Mark Davis says too early to talk firing Allen. Would take meltdown

Good. I hope Reggie stays. Team needs some stability.

cdyhybrid

ok... Im not saying i agree with Tabris that they're cheating, but to say they are as good defensively on the road as they are at home would be inaccurate.

Also that 6-2 road record was against at least 4 losing teams, two of which won 4 games or less. Yea you're right, the rest of the league would love that road schedule as well.

I guess I'm just not sure what the point of the argument is. X team is better at home and not as good on the road? Some next-level analysis right there.

bionic77

I just cant believe he was able to fit it in there between 2 guys like that. Normally he only throws to wide open guys, so it was nice seeing him take a chance there.
I mean you can squeeze those balls in there but that is still just a horrible decision.

I have no problem taking chances but that was not a good play IMO. It had a great result but he needs to clean that up or else it is going to come back to kill him later on.

mkenyon

Banned
i dont know why this is such a crazy opinion. All one needs to do is look at when they played at houston last year. They were down 20-3 at the half against a 2-14 team. If the Texans didnt have Schaub go all Schaub, they win that in a route. Seattle couldnt stop Foster or tate who ran for 150+ AJ had 100+ They hardly looked like the defensive beasts that they are when they play at home.
6-2 on the road, not including Super Bowl, seems to counter a single anecdote though.

Every team has off days.

As someone who has had season tickets for 11 years now, I really can't overstate how electrifying Qwest/Century Link Field is. That crowd gets our defense psyched.

MechDX

size of his hands, gloves, not contested - I'm not impressed

/salt

Now imagine if he had a QB with an actual arm throwing to him. Lots of talk this morning about the torch being passed from Dre to Deandre.

Our defense wouldn't have allowed that catch.

Neither did Hopkins. rimshot

Called it. No one knows when it is ok or how to hit a QB anywhere anymore

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I guess I'm just not sure what the point of the argument is. X team is better at home and not as good on the road? Some next-level analysis right there.

so everything we talk about in here has to be super deep? Yes, it is that simple, the Seattle Seahawks defense does not appear to be nearly as good on the road as they are at home.

cdyhybrid

so everything we talk about in here has to be super deep? Yes, it is that simple, the Seattle Seahawks defense does not appear to be nearly as good on the road as they are at home.

No it doesn't, I guess.

Let's talk about how throwing interceptions is bad next!

Bread

Banned
I'll stream my Madden league game against my brother if people want a preview of tonight's Bears @ Jets game.

That is, if Cutler was replaced by Terrelle Pryor (with a 15.3 passer rating) and the Jets had only managed to score 3 pts in the first two weeks.
I was so pissed after my game last night, the fucking computer is such bullshit sometimes. I'd rather play a real person to prevent the dumb cheap moves that always get pulled to stop me from winning.

ShaneB

Called it. No one knows when it is ok or how to hit a QB anywhere anymore

It's what I figured to, it's the QB, plus maybe a "defenseless receiver" etc etc. Confusing part is what the heck is he doing taking the outside route?? Make an inside attempt, or slow down and take the easy tackle. Odd play all over.

Been in a reading funk lately, think I might read Gruden's book.

j-wood

"As soon as I released it, I was like ‘Uh oh,'" Sanu said. "Because they had a guy right there who we didn’t expect to be there."

But Wreh-Wilson, who said he was on the field when the Titans practiced against the play, butchered it. He had a chance to grab the ball and run for a touchdown, or to deck Dalton. He did neither.

"I just saw the toss and I saw the quarterback rolling out and no one was on him," Wreh-Wilson said. "I just went to go make a play on the ball when I should have taken probably a smarter angle and then just made the play on him. I had the play stopped, diagnosed. I just had to make a play and I didn’t make it.

"At the end of the day, I have to find a way just to eliminate the touchdown. Deciding between making a play on the ball or the man, that’s where things got a little tricky for me. I was trying to pick a place to hit him where it would basically eliminate a penalty. When the ball was up in the air, I should have just hit him and that should have been the end of it. Hit him and eliminate the possibility of a run after a catch."

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-t...lay?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Ugh.

Greg Cossell said on the Eagles post game show yesterday that Cousins would be the Skins starter even once RGIII comes back. Not to surprising but still interesting to me. Wonder what they will do with RGIII?

brentech

The initial play, since you can't really see Dez, it just looks like broken coverage, but the replay shows him confuse the DB

izvpOcToI29jx.gif

Looks like he rope a doped 2 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom