• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WavyObedientCapybara.gif

Juice's first TD, and damn if that celebration doesn't look cool with the timing of the word "Touchdown".

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
My phone died in OT at the game, but I just wanted to revisit this, which provided me and a number of other people I shared this with much joy and laughter.

Hah.

i dont know why this is such a crazy opinion. All one needs to do is look at when they played at houston last year. They were down 20-3 at the half against a 2-14 team. If the Texans didnt have Schaub go all Schaub, they win that in a route. Seattle couldnt stop Foster or tate who ran for 150+ AJ had 100+ They hardly looked like the defensive beasts that they are when they play at home.

linkboy

Bevelle is infinitely better than Roman. I'd trade in a heartbeat and there is a damn good reason there is no interest from other teams in acquiring Roman to coach. Bevelle will be gone next year because he is very good and have opportunities. Roman, hopefully, will be gone next year because he is incompetent.

Roman's here as long as Harbaugh is, they're tied at the hips. Jim's way to loyal to his assistants (he's never fired a coach since he's been in SF).

Haven't seen any Phins games this year, so idk what's going on. But didn't realize it was coming to this..
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins' coaching staff is meeting Monday afternoon to "weigh" benching Ryan Tannehill for Week 4.
Per reporter Armando Salguero, a change "is not certain," but a real possibility. Coach Joe Philbin was simultaneously blunt and evasive in Monday's presser, declining to say he was planning to bench Tannehill, but also refusing any opportunity to throw a lifeline his quarterback's way. Tannehill has regressed instead of progressed this season, but the Dolphins would be better off committing to the run instead of going with backup Matt Moore. Tannehill is struggling, but he's still easily the Dolphins' best bet to manage games.

cdyhybrid

i dont know why this is such a crazy opinion. All one needs to do is look at when they played at houston last year. They were down 20-3 at the half against a 2-14 team. If the Texans didnt have Schaub go all Schaub, they win that in a route. Seattle couldnt stop Foster or tate who ran for 150+ AJ had 100+ They hardly looked like the defensive beasts that they are when they play at home.

It's crazy because they were 6-2 on the road last year.

How many teams would take that road record before the season if you offered it to them?

Spoiler:
All of them

There's also the assumption that a team that went 13-3 and won the Super Bowl last year is only good at home because they're cheating, but you know...Tabris.

I'll stream my Madden league game against my brother if people want a preview of tonight's Bears @ Jets game.

That is, if Cutler was replaced by Terrelle Pryor (with a 15.3 passer rating) and the Jets had only managed to score 3 pts in the first two weeks.

MechDX

It's crazy because they were 6-2 on the road last year.

How many teams would take that road record before the season if you offered it to them?

Spoiler:
All of them

There's also the assumption that a team that went 13-3 and won the Super Bowl last year is only good at home because they're cheating, but you know...Tabris.

That had to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here right next to "the comeback is greater than the win".

Put a stop to what?

They've trying to save their season. Tannehill has been fucking atrocious, legitimately one of the worst QBs in the league this year.

Might as well give the other guy a shot.

You are seriously in favor of benching a young QB who was a top pick for some nobody 3 games into the season in which you put in an all new offense? Philbin is going to hurt his knee from jerking it so hard.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
All the Miami fans I know think he's regressing. They can't all be lying. The consensus is Philbin is obviously getting fired after this season and it's Moore future. Congrats.

If the whole idea is to play the guy who gives a better shot to win this year - which it should be given the fact its week 4 of the season - then its really not that ridiculous to think Matt Moore should get a shot.

You are seriously in favor of benching a young QB who was a top pick for some nobody 3 games into the season in which you put in an all new offense? Philbin is going to hurt his knee from jerking it so hard.

I'm not in favor of anything, the fuck do I care if the Dolphins suck or not?

If the coaching staff thinks Matt Moore gives them a better shot to win then thats how they should go. The notion that Tannehill has played well enough to somehow not warrant possibly being benched is insane.

MechDX

hopkins.0.gif

Funny thing about the penalty that negated this awesome catch. Hopkins was the one who committed it:

ByJvM5NIEAEXfP8.jpg:large

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 2h
Clabo checks in as the eligible player. He is the TE in this set. Hopkins has to be off the line, can’t cover him up. pic.twitter.com/5qitrd4osa

facepalm.jpeg

Milchjon

PFT Commenter is the best

On second thought though I think Newtons telling us alot about his personality by his choice in attire. I mean both Cam and Lululemon are overpriced pieces of window dressing that starts to show show their true asshole when stretched to thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom