• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Division? I think so. All hail the Kings in the North.

CVvvq7k.png

bionic77

Gata bitching about a game the pats won...smh
To be fair they barely beat the Raiders. Arguably the worst team in football.

I would be bitching too!

Why do Eagles and Niners fans seem to be such cunts?

And I don't mean the ones in this thread.
All Eagle fans blame New Jersey for any stupidity or thuggery that comes out of the Vet/Linc. I don't know if it is true but if you showed that video to some Eagle fans they would all claim that this was started by some trash from Camden and very few of the fights or problems start from people that are actually from Philly.

That said no one usually gets stabbed at an Eagles game. That is like part of the halftime show now for the Niners. So I think they are still the worst thugs in the league.

eznark

Banned
"wreaks"

Evan Sila, professional writer, "reeking" havok on the English language.

So Philbin is dictating run/pass then Lazor is picking the play? Come on, someone has to have actually reported on this.

Did Lazor even call plays in Philly though?

He was the QB coach so I doubt it, I should have included Lazor in there too though, fuck him and Philbin.

"wreaks"

So Philbin is dictating run/pass then Lazor is picking the play? Come on, someone has to have actually reported on this.

Something like that, I'll ask around see if I can get a better answer but it's hard while I'm at work.

manfestival

I wonder if our thursday night performance and the appearance of the man giraffe will give us love on the first page. It has been too long since freeman was our representative and gathered attention for us.

No he was just the QB coach. Chip calls all the plays in Philly.

He was the QB coach so I doubt it, I should have included Lazor in there too though, fuck him and Philbin.

So then what was the point of bringing up the Eagles in that tweet?

"wreaks"

to be fair, that looks like someone else replying to him

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m
Per source, Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph's MRI showed he needs surgery and he will be out for about six weeks.

poor Teddy

eznark

Banned

Something like that, I'll ask around see if I can get a better answer but it's hard while I'm at work.

I guess I would be surprised if Philbin calls the plays since he didn't in GB even when he was offensive coordinator and I am pretty positive Sherman called the plays in Miami.

It's not his strength and he has acknowledged it publicly, at least back in GB he did when there always used to be "why do we even have an OC" comments. He is a game planner, strategy, guy. He needs to be paired with a tactician. That's why McCarthy and Philbin were so good together. Philbin did the game planning while McCarthy and Rodgers implemented it. He (and Clements) were the creative force behind the juggernaut Packer offenses.

eznark

Banned
Dolphins are 2nd in yards per rush, 22nd in rush attempts. Last in yards per pass, 2nd in pass attempts.

Weren't the Dolphins down by 3 scores the majority of their second and third games? They ran the ball 38 times in their first game.

It's a function of situation more than anything. If you are getting killed and your defense sucks it's hard to stick to the run.

Weren't the Dolphins down by 3 scores the majority of their second and third games? They ran the ball 38 times in their first game.

It's a function of situation more than anything. If you are getting killed and your defense sucks it's hard to stick to the run.

We need to see a break down of rushing attempts per quarter. How many did they have in the 1st quarter of the last 2 games before things got out of hand?

MechDX

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 15s
Ravens announce that owner Steve Bisciotti will address the media at 4pm today

And afterwards a coke bender with Irsay

eznark

Banned
We need to see a break down of rushing attempts per quarter. How many did they have in the 1st quarter of the last 2 games before things got out of hand?

Also with Tannehill completing fewer than 50% of his passes, there were probably a few first down incompletions....of fuck we need to throw next two downs.

They Dolphins have yet to play in a close game, their play splits are completely meaningless.

No, the game yesterday was within 1 or 2 scores until late in the fourth. One time the Dolphins had the ball near midfield down six in the 4th (something like 8 minutes to go). 2nd and 1, incomplete pass. 3rd and 1, play action pass with a seven step drop for a sack...

Granted, the run game wasn't working too well against the Bills but it was still a fairly close game most of the way. Maybe Lazor hates Lamar Miller?

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 15s
Ravens announce that owner Steve Bisciotti will address the media at 4pm today

And afterwards a coke bender with Irsay

We ain't got no problem, Xnipx. Steve's on the motherfucker. Go back out there, chill them bitches out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly.

steve-bisciotti.jpg

linkboy

Disagree 100%. This team had 0 explosive plays yesterday. Everything was 5 yards at a time, which is fine when you have Peyton Manning, but not with Kap. One missed play (sack, bad throw, run for no yards, etc), and the entire drive is derailed. You can't win games when the Offense has to be perfect on EVERY play.

The Defense clearly sucks, but ball control has led them to scoring ~20 pts per game, which isn't going to cut it. They need to be 30+.

You can't have an explosive offense, if you don't have explosive players. The 49ers have no deep threats at the WR position. Boldin, Crabtree and Johnson can't stretch the field, and Brandon Lloyd scares nobody. You need good team speed to have that high explosive offense and that's the one thing SF doesn't have.

I hate doing this, but look at Seattle. Look at how Bevelle calls the plays. He attacks the defense, if something doesn't work, he adapts (see yesterday). Roman, on the other hand, keeps trying to force things. The best drives the 49ers had yesterday was when they went spread, yet he would get away from it and try to force the read option (which teams have picked up on).

When was the last time, even when Smith was the QB, that you saw the 49ers setup a screen pass?

To me, it's as if Roman isn't capable of adapting his play calls to compensate for what the defense is doing, which is why the 49ers look so fucking good in the first half and so fucking terrible in the second.

Roman has been a huge weak link in the 49ers offense since he got here, it's just that the defense in the past has been able to overshadow that. Now that the defense isn't capable of that, well, we've all seen the results.

Twitter reminded me of this amazing gem from week 1 of 2013:

If the Dolphins are having success throwing but not running, why not throw every down?

"Coach Philbin is of that mindset," Sherman said. "I don't know that I've quite reached that mindset yet. Coach Philbin could possibly convince me otherwise."
Also, Philbin got a ton of criticism last week for running the clock out when the Dolphins got the ball with over 2 minutes remaining in the first half and all three timeouts. He told Lazor to call nothing but runs so they could go to the locker room. It wouldn't surprise me if he's influencing Lazor into calling more pass plays than he'd like.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
You can't have an explosive offense, if you don't have explosive players. The 49ers have no deep threats at the WR position. Boldin, Crabtree and Johnson can't stretch the field, and Brandon Lloyd scares nobody. You need good team speed to have that high explosive offense and that's the one thing SF doesn't have.

I hate doing this, but look at Seattle. Look at how Bevelle calls the plays. He attacks the defense, if something doesn't work, he adapts (see yesterday). Roman, on the other hand, keeps trying to force things. The best drives the 49ers had yesterday was when they went spread, yet he would get away from it and try to force the read option (which teams have picked up on).

When was the last time, even when Smith was the QB, that you saw the 49ers setup a screen pass?

To me, it's as if Roman isn't capable of adapting his play calls to compensate for what the defense is doing, which is why the 49ers look so fucking good in the first half and so fucking terrible in the second.

Roman has been a huge weak link in the 49ers offense since he got here, it's just that the defense in the past has been able to overshadow that. Now that the defense isn't capable of that, well, we've all seen the results.

Bevelle is infinitely better than Roman. I'd trade in a heartbeat and there is a damn good reason there is no interest from other teams in acquiring Roman to coach. Bevelle will be gone next year because he is very good and have opportunities. Roman, hopefully, will be gone next year because he is incompetent.

bionic77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom