• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

lmao what the fuck is this?

art

ZbePw78.png

Milchjon

I just made my first Chrome Extension.

It does nothing but copy this into the clipboard:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is probably still the single most useful thing I've ever produced :-(

Greg

Lacy is playing behind a cataclysmicly bad offensive line. He's doomed to a lost season unless something weird happens or we find some kickass linemen off the street.

Same with Rodgers, except the passing game could improve as the year goes on even with a dumpster fire o line... If boykin and Adams step up.
line aside, Lacy still seems off

and I'm so disappointed in Boykin so far

Greg

A lot easier to be the 5th weapon than it is to be the 3rd...

Re: lacy, most rbs who aren't Barry Sanders look bad when they've got garbage (not) blocking in front of them.
Boykin's position doesn't excuse the drops though

and obviously a hole or no pressure in the backfield would help Lacy, but in general his decisions seem off

I would've preferred to abandon the run regardless of the favorable coverage for it yesterday... or at least stick with a back throughout and live with it

Reading the story about possibly benching Tannehill and some on the defense furious about their defensive coordinator, it's pretty clear the house is going to be cleaned this offseason for the Dolphins if they underachieve again.

eznark

Banned
Go back and watch Lacy, particularly against the Jets. He was awful.

The line is no worse than last year, personnel wise, they just got three solid front 7's in a row.

Sitton truly truly sucks at run blocking though.

Boykin's position doesn't excuse the drops though

and obviously a hole or no pressure in the backfield would help Lacy, but in general his decisions seem off

I would've preferred to abandon the run regardless of the favorable coverage for it yesterday... or at least stick with a back throughout and live with it
The line is too bad to run with consistently. Really the only shot we have is to go spread and rely on Rodgers to find matchups and make great throws on short drops.

Unfortunately we no longer have enough weapons to effectively go spread. That's what happens when you lose Jennings and Jones and Finley and have nothing to replace them.

E: Ez, the line was horrendous.

effzee

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I was at the Eagles Redskins game.

Some thoughts:

-I have only been to a handful of games but this was by the best game I have ever been too. We got in late but the very first play we saw was the Chris Polk kick off return.

-Foles is one tough mofo. Took tons of hits and am shocked we didn't see Sanchez play. Still he also some terrible passes. The play where he got jacked up on the INT return was all on him. He had Celek wide open and he threw it 5 feet above his head. Celek took an unnecessary hit, on the INT return which didn't count Foles gets knocked around, and leads to a brawl.

That wasn't the only bad throw. There were WRs open on every play and for the most part Foles found the open guy but when he missed he missed bad. On that last redzone drive where we settled for a FG he again missed a wide open Celek which if he connects on its first and goal from the 5 yard line and game over.

- DEFENSE is still terrible. Cousins had all day. I don't think we got pressure on any one drop back. No pass rush and while we bottled up the run well, Cousins lit us up. He couldn't miss. Corners can't cover average WRs so its no shock Garcon and Desean burned us.

-Speaking of Desean. Good for him. So happy to see him on that bomb celebrate. Miss him dearly and hate seeing racist ass Riley Cooper trying to get separation or strugging to gain yards in the open field. DJAX + Maclin would have been awesome. Still don't get it. The guys we were sitting around all were in agreement and cheered when he scored.

Our corners can only tackle which is better than before I guess but god this secondary blows. Can't believe they still wasted a first round pick no a project LB when they could have taken a corner who immediately starts on this team.

Don't think we beat the Niners but never thought they would be 3--0 at this point. I'll take 4-1 at the bye if possible!

Colasante

Reading the story about possibly benching Tannehill and some on the defense furious about their defensive coordinator, it's pretty clear the house is going to be cleaned this offseason for the Dolphins if they underachieve again.

hjarbaugh.gif

Ross will finally get his man, unless he's outbid by Michigan.

Tom Penny

My buddy was furious they were putting Wake in pass coverage instead of rushing the passer which is his strength although the Pats played Chandler Jones ass backwards in the Miami opener too..

I realize analysts have to come up with bullshit to fill the week, but how is sitting Cam for DA a legitimate topic? Yeah, Cam can't scramble well right now, so what? He's still a far better passer from the pocket than DA, both in accuracy and ball velocity. I could understand the argument if his numbers were bad, but they are among of the best of his career. On the other hand, maybe we should sit him until the rest of the team pulls it's head out of it's ass.

The only legit reason to consider this is if Cam's health is worse than we're bein les to believe. Can you even trust Cam to be straight with the staff after he was so disappointed about the week 1 benching?

However, knowing the media's past treatment of Cam, they aren't concerned about his health.

cashman

Banned
Go back and watch Lacy, particularly against the Jets. He was awful.

The line is no worse than last year, personnel wise, they just got three solid front 7's in a row.

Sitton truly truly sucks at run blocking though.

Should I start Lacy next week?

Was it already mentioned that the thing Kaep got the unsportsmanlike conduct for a week ago was calling the opposing player the n-word

I'm starting to believe the millions of reports of Harbaugh losing the locker room and chaos reigning in San Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom