• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

I want to bring up 2 points.

First can we agree that Bell just looks like a top 5 back in the league and Lacy just looks like another guy?

Also, in retrospect how fucking hilarious is it that Rice got 2 games for KOing his wife and Bell and Blount got 1 game for smoking marijuana?

We can all take comfort that none of us are as bad at our job as Goodell is at his (ok maybe not Gata but the rest of us have to be better at our jobs than him).
watch your mouth

I think Lacy is still concussed

Syrinx

Eddie Lacy has been such a huge bust for my fantasy team. Why were people saying he was a first-rounder? He gets around 10-15 carries a game with maybe a couple receptions, tops. Benching him this week to teach him a lesson.

Greg

Its week 3 of his 2nd season. That is enough time to judge an entire players career using internet and fantasy football logic.
it's entirely possible - Mark Sanchez's career is summed up in one play!

Eddie Lacy has been such a huge bust for my fantasy team. Why were people saying he was a first-rounder? He gets around 10-15 carries a game with maybe a couple receptions, tops. Benching him this week to teach him a lesson.
maybe because he didn't finish the first game due to a concussion, and then GB played from behind against 2 good lines

no, that couldn't be it at all

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is 45 miles too far to commute to a job? I'm a candidate for a position, but it seems too far away. They're wanting my references now, and I hate to bother those people for a job I probably won't accept.

In some cities like Houston, 45 miles is a common commute.

watch your mouth

I think Lacy is still concussed

Bionic is just lashing out from a place of frustration because his team played really well but then lost a bunch of players for the year.

If Tim Tebow hit a woman most of America would agree that she deserved it.

It would clearly be self defense against attempted rape because everyone is out for his virgin powers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
0IhJ2FZ.jpg

xIERoLE.jpg

Amen brother.

also best girl

Spinluck

Updated for accuracy:

I think we can all agree it is a great feeling when you far surpass the expectations others might put on you! Just broke past 100yds!

The Truck Never Stops.

Here is the Luck gif of the day, be sure to watch it over and over again before you all sleep tonight.

214.gif

As for the result of the game in said gif, I cannot remember and was unable to find it anywhere.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Updated for accuracy:

I think we can all agree it is a great feeling when you far surpass the expectations others might put on you! Just broke past 100yds!

The Truck Never Stops.

Here is the Luck gif of the day, be sure to watch it over and over again before you all sleep tonight.

214.gif

As for the result of the game in said gif, I cannot remember and was unable to find it anywhere.

Trent Truck is on pace for an amazing 832 yards for the season if he keeps up his current average!

embrace it. There is nothing wrong with anime.

Do we need to discuss Swort Art Online again?

Crisco

Banned
I realize analysts have to come up with bullshit to fill the week, but how is sitting Cam for DA a legitimate topic? Yeah, Cam can't scramble well right now, so what? He's still a far better passer from the pocket than DA, both in accuracy and ball velocity. I could understand the argument if his numbers were bad, but they are among of the best of his career. On the other hand, maybe we should sit him until the rest of the team pulls it's head out of it's ass.

WedgeX

Banned
I need some biscuits and gravy. Right away. This is a weird form of illness.

Oh yeah. The Lions beat Green Bay. 1-9 (right?) against A-Rod when he doesn't sit out half a game like JPout. Feels good, man.

Bowser

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 4m
Per @RapSheet on Around The NFL: Dolphins are "actually considering" benching Tannehill for Matt Moore. Not just a motivational ploy.

it's entirely possible - Mark Sanchez's career is summed up in one play!

maybe because he didn't finish the first game due to a concussion, and then GB played from behind against 2 good lines

no, that couldn't be it at all
Lacy is playing behind a cataclysmicly bad offensive line. He's doomed to a lost season unless something weird happens or we find some kickass linemen off the street.

Same with Rodgers, except the passing game could improve as the year goes on even with a dumpster fire o line... If boykin and Adams step up.

cdyhybrid

Supposedly Kam has bone spurs in his ankle and is playing through it instead of deciding to get the surgery during the season.

Also Tharold Simon started running again today and is still recovering from his surgery.

Still not buying it being a real threat

I dont get how this is supposed to motivate Tanny. Basically just by putting this out there they are putting the blame on him for their poor start. They are also putting the idea that if he doesnt play well he will be benched. A young guy that is struggling I would think that would make him play tighter and try to not make mistakes, rather then just go out and play well. This seems dumb no matter how you look at it.

Colasante

What reason is there to believe Ryan Tannehill is a better quarterback than Matt Moore besides the fact that he was a first round pick? This reminds me of Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel last season. Neither are good but the first round pick is the starter because of theoretical upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom