• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

No puking this week, time to get my fluid levels up.

Don't look at my avatar when I say this.

No, but we might just have different definitions of franchise qbs. He'll never be an elite guy, he's a really good game manager. Get him some weapons and and guys that can get some yac and he'll be fine. We've had some super shit Qbs, but generally have had some competitive teams. Hoyer just isn't making any of those dumb mistakes yet (been really
lucky some missed ints) and done a great job taking what he can get. We have a good situation at qb, but do I think he's the franchise guy? Naaw breh. I kinda look at this situation like Alex Smith and Kaep.

As for shanahan I'm a fan, I've never seen our offense consistently be able to score points.
Read some stat about the Browns not scoring this many points in the first 3 games since like 69 or somthing

Now look at my avatar, johnny came into the perfect situation.

I honestly can't foresee a situation where I'd ever feel more comfortable with Manziel at QB over Hoyer, barring a massive surge in Manziel's development. I don't think he'll be a bust in the NFL, as many have predicted, but I don't think he'll ever be much more than a solid backup.

I don't think a QB has to be elite to be a successful franchise QB. We're building an impressive arsenal of offensive weapons, and if Hoyer remains as reliable as he's been this far, that's about as much as I could possibly ask for from a Browns QB.

NY Giants at Washington
Green Bay at Chicago - coin flip
Buffalo at Houston
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Carolina at Baltimore
Detroit at NY Jets
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Miami at Oakland
Jacksonville at San Diego
Atlanta at Minnesota
Philadelphia at San Francisco
New Orleans at Dallas
New England at Kansas City

We played like dogshit on national TV, our dual-threat QB can't run, our running backs are ALL hurt, our offensive line is straight trash, our defensive line is missing its best player because he's a shithead woman-beater allegedly, our linebackers got exposed by Franco Harris and Jerome Bettis reincarnated, and this week we play the first game in the history of the franchise against Steve Smith Sr., who has promised blood and guts for this encounter.

All of this is exactly why the Panthers beat the Ravens this week. 27-17

Milchjon

66dfyyu.png

Bowser

NY Giants at Washington
Green Bay at Chicago
Buffalo at Houston
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Carolina at Baltimore
Detroit at NY Jets
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Miami at Oakland
Jacksonville at San Diego
Atlanta at Minnesota *upset special*
Philadelphia at San Francisco
New Orleans at Dallas
New England at Kansas City

Y478Mur.gif

Seeing 41 on that Steelers DB gives me flashbacks to this:

tXLNK.jpg

We played like dogshit on national TV, our dual-threat QB can't run, our running backs are ALL hurt, our offensive line is straight trash, our defensive line is missing its best player because he's a shithead woman-beater allegedly, our linebackers got exposed by Franco Harris and Jerome Bettis reincarnated, and this week we play the first game in the history of the franchise against Steve Smith Sr., who has promised blood and guts for this encounter.

All of this is exactly why the Panthers beat the Ravens this week. 27-17
Go Panthers!

Crisco

Banned
Panthers defense won't get clowned two weeks in a row, but I'm not seeing the offensive line improve much in one week. If we actually game plan it smartly, quick throws and roll outs, then sure we can win. But if we just keep forcing 0 yard runs and letting our QB do 7 step drops into nose tackles, forget about it. Coaching staff needs to prove it's mettle this week.

eznark

Banned
Fun fact: If KB13 stays on his current pace he will exceed Steve Smith's 2013 16 game output in Week 9.

Fun fact, Cam Newton has more career losses than Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick combined.

lol holy shit it's actually a lot closer to being true than I would have thought

Crisco

Banned
I think we're going to have to add Ryan Kalil to the list of shitty Hurney contracts. He's the highest paid center in NFL history, why? He gets worked by every elite tackle he goes up against. He's supposedly really good at setting protections, but most of our sacks are due to blown assignments. Any idiot can snap the ball to a 6'5" QB, that dude is going to count $12M against our cap next year. Fuck Hurney.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How long before the cashmans of the Pittsburgh area start claiming that Geno Smith isn't getting a fair shake on the Jets and that the Steelers should pick him up?

squicken

Great OP Dutch. That Brady fella sure does look guilty

Rams suck. For the supposed DL talent they have 1 sack. Fans get wrapped up with QBs, but no team has blown more draft draft picks than STL

Go Colts and God bless the awful teams in the AFCS

squicken

Sam Monson ‏@PFF_Sam
Man has Joe Haden had a rough start to the year. Giving up a passer rating of 155.3, worst in the league

PFF isn't gospel, but I'm guessing FO's numbers will be similar too. Haden just isn't an above average CB right now, let alone elite

e: Pettine weighed in as well

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...snt-played-well-at-times?campaign=Twitter_atn

"It was unfortunate that it happened because we're in a bottom-line business, and Joe, for the most part throughout the game, played very well," Pettine said Monday, according to The Plain Dealer. "You can go back to the Saints game (when he gave up a 9-yard TD to Jimmy Graham). You can look at two plays and vilify Joe, but for the rest of the game he played very well. That's life in the NFL."

Pettine was blunt in his assessment of Haden's season through three games.

"He's played well at times, but as you can see, at some inopportune times he's not played well," the coach said. "I think he'll admit that, as well. That's what we talk about. The great ones are going to make big plays when it's needed, and I think that's one area where Joe will look to improve."

Dragon

Banned
I was dying when our 3rd string rookie undrafted safety came in and was basically asking Vereen what he was supposed to do.

I was surprised to see the box score (I was engrossed in a book last night) this morning that the Bears were outgained 414-257 and Marshall had only one catch? Against that secondary? What happened?

Vio-Lence

Banned
I was surprised to see the box score (I was engrossed in a book last night) this morning that the Bears were outgained 414-257 and Marshall had only one catch? Against that secondary? What happened?
Geno Smith happened.

Really glad Kyle Fuller looks like a stud. Was really upset the Bears didnt grab a safety, but Fuller looks like a franchise CB. Good ball skills and tackling. 3 ints so far, 2 forced fumbles, and passes defended.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
PFF isn't gospel, but I'm guessing FO's numbers will be similar too. Haden just isn't an above average CB right now, let alone elite

Cleveland keeps sending him to go man-to-man against the other teams best receivers and he keeps getting beat. Antonio Brown beat his ass. I didn't watch the game with the Saints, but I'm guessing that Graham beat his ass. Steve Smith Sr. beat his ass. He's not 2010 Revis, I'd suggest the Browns use some safety help.

squicken

Cleveland keeps sending him to go man-to-man against the other teams best receivers and he keeps getting beat. Antonio Brown beat his ass. I didn't watch the game with the Saints, but I'm guessing that Graham beat his ass. Steve Smith Sr. beat his ass. He's not 2010 Revis, I'd suggest the Browns use some safety help.

That's exactly what it is . And the Graham thing is forgivable b/c of the size issue. But not being able to handle old man Steve Smith was a pretty glaring issue. Pettine wants to use him like Rex did with Revis and then Cromartie, and he just isn't at that level, but is paid like it

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
COBRA I think

I guess you haven't watched him play in a few years...

He's not a DE. Not my fault your team didn't play him in the correct position!

Not exactly expecting him to play great, he was a street fa in week 4, ffs.

HylianTom

Banned
I feel good about this week. Dallas has some weird ju-ju around it where the Saints have played better than average in this specific road location over the past decade or so.

Either that, or maybe it's just the Cowboys.

.500, here we come! (i hope)

Slo

I hope ESPN puts together a round table of their all-star cast of Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, and Ray Lewis to discuss the morality of the people in the OP.

Zeke

I feel good about this week. Dallas has some weird ju-ju around it where the Saints have played better than average in this specific road location over the past decade or so.

Either that, or maybe it's just the Cowboys.

.500, here we come! (i hope)
Well it's not like we have a defense so scar face should be able to pad his stats without too much trouble.

TheFatOne

I wonder when the Pats are going to use Wright more. I really like this guy. Would be another legit option at TE other than Gronk. I wonder if it's an issue with knowing the playbook. We got him late in training camp so he's probably still adjusting, but when he is actually in the game he looks good. Although, he only gets a handful of snaps a game. I would much rather have him out there than say Amendola.

Top Bottom