• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

jakncoke

Banned
Bucs going to start pryor in hopes he gets another 80+ yard td against the steelers ;/

Sean Spence getting first crack at ILB while Shazier heals up is pretty big for him considering that injury

It's such a weird story to read. How the hell he got off free is beyond me.

1d70O30.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Pats schedule for the next month is crazy. Great d-lines for all of them so I hope the o-line will be fixed or we might see Jimmy G sooner than we think.

Chiefs
Bengals
Bills
Jets

I think we're going to have to add Ryan Kalil to the list of shitty Hurney contracts. He's the highest paid center in NFL history, why? He gets worked by every elite tackle he goes up against. He's supposedly really good at setting protections, but most of our sacks are due to blown assignments. Any idiot can snap the ball to a 6'5" QB, that dude is going to count $12M against our cap next year. Fuck Hurney.
I could be wrong about this, but I feel center is the o line position most affected by the players around you.

Pats schedule for the next month is crazy. Great d-lines for all of them so I hope the o-line will be fixed or we might see Jimmy G sooner than we think.

Chiefs
Bengals
Bills
Jets

3 bad teams and 1 really good team. I will say 2-2, but 3-1 wouldnt surprise me.

Chiefs
Bengals
Bills
Jets

Is the Jets at home or on the road?

I would consider 2-2 a win if the O stays like it is.

MechDX

You have a better record than the Niners, Packers, Saints, Colts, and the Chiefs. All Playoff teams from last year, don't fret brother.

Dude watch the Giants game. We ran dime constantly and they just kicked our teeth in with the run. Other than Watt our d line just got manhandled. As for pass rush we are right back to where we were last year: its Watt and some dudes. Mercilus is a fucking bust at this point and I thought reed finally turned the corner in week 1 but it was a one time thing.

Need I start with the offense? Defense just commits to stop the run and dare Fitz to throw. I would rather we get Mallett out there and at least have a threat to stretch the field.

Just sickens me that the Colts win the division by default with a shitty ass team and a good QB

Bowser

I could be wrong about this, but I feel center is the o line position most affected by the players around you.

Yeah I don't have anything against Kalil's contract. He's currently the only above average starter on this offensive line. It's not his fault he's surrounded by subpar slop.

Striker

Giants won't have Odell Beckham again this week. Seems like if it were a Sunday game, he could have an opportunity. Instead they have limited work in practice due to the game being Thursday.

"Art Stapleton þ@art_stapleton ·6s
Reality: from where Beckham is coming, what we saw during media access is big step forward. Bigger steps loom b4 possible Week 5 debut #NYG"

Coughlin mentioned a "position change" when Stevie Brown was taken out last week after getting burned on a TD play. Rookie S Nat Berhe stepped in after. I have wondered if this is a permanent change or just temporary. Brown has been brutal so far.

Giants won't have Odell Beckham again this week. Seems like if it were a Sunday game, he could have an opportunity. Instead they have limited work in practice due to the game being Thursday.

"Art Stapleton þ@art_stapleton ·6s
Reality: from where Beckham is coming, what we saw during media access is big step forward. Bigger steps loom b4 possible Week 5 debut #NYG"

Coughlin mentioned a "position change" when Stevie Brown was taken out last week after getting burned on a TD play. Rookie S Nat Berhe stepped in after. I have wondered if this is a permanent change or just temporary. Brown has been brutal so far.

2months for a Hamstring? either a slow healer or it was worst than what they told the media...

Striker

2months for a Hamstring? either a slow healer or it was worst than what they told the media...
Think there was a setback and nobody really told the media. The offense has played well these past few weeks - miles above the preseason and Lions game. Progress. It will probably take Beckham time to get properly included into the rotation. Most likely screens, end arounds, and returns.

Zeke

Jest above Dallas :jnc I wouldn't put Houston that low either and I'm not sure how the pack is high as it is.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Well NFLGAF it's been a hell of a weekend. Partied hard for about three days with good friends of mine but I will be going to the great state of Oklahoma to run a jobsite for my uncle in about a month. I need to get away from Southern California and recharge my batteries. I'll be back in LA working in about a month but I need this at this point in my life.

Awesome OP, Dutch. I will possibly make a thread about the current situation in the Middle East which is always a heated subject.

Anyway we're kicking the shit out of the Jets this weekend and the Restoration of the Roar 2014 continues on.

Seanspeed

Banned
I wonder when the Pats are going to use Wright more. I really like this guy. Would be another legit option at TE other than Gronk. I wonder if it's an issue with knowing the playbook. We got him late in training camp so he's probably still adjusting, but when he is actually in the game he looks good. Although, he only gets a handful of snaps a game. I would much rather have him out there than say Amendola.
Knowing the playbook and also being able to play as an actual tight end once in a while. He's basically just a receiver as they've used him so far.

I agree though, they should get him out there. Tom seems to only throw to Edelman for some damn reason. I've watched plenty of coach's footage and he's NOT the only person open or anything. I don't get it. Really getting frustrated with Brady lately, honestly.

Well NFLGAF it's been a hell of a weekend. Partied hard for about three days with good friends of mine but I will be going to the great state of Oklahoma to run a jobsite for my uncle in about a month. I need to get away from Southern California and recharge my batteries. I'll be back in LA working in about a month but I need this at this point in my life.

Awesome OP, Dutch. I will possibly make a thread about the current situation in the Middle East which is always a heated subject.

Anyway we're kicking the shit out of the Jets this weekend and the Restoration of the Roar 2014 continues on.

did you smash any chicks?

Pro

Don't be too sure. Jets gave Green Bay and Chicago some trouble and are playing at home coming off of two losses. They might be playing extra hard.

ShaneB

NFL.com week 4 power rankings.

1) Bengals
2) Eagles
3) Cards
4) SD
5) Seahawks
6) Broncos
7) Pats
8) Bears
9) Ravens
10) Falcons

Pats move up 3 spots after beating the mighty Raiders. smh

Early season power rankings are always so wacky, teams making massive jumps up and down. Hard to make any sense of anything. That being said, Good on Elliot to bump the Chiefs up! Woo.

Have you guys seen Hunt's suite at arrowhead? It's God Damn amazing.http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/chi...is-bigger-and-nicer-than-everyones-apartment/

That is insane indeed.

xnipx

Just wait for the link between CTE and domestic violence. Its something that NEEDS to be addressed.

I don't understand why you work out Terelle Pryor when you have Mike Glennon on your roster.....

I would rather they look at the effects of hgh on aggression levels and general off the field fuckheadedness.

Top Bottom