• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

I wonder when the Pats are going to use Wright more. I really like this guy. Would be another legit option at TE other than Gronk. I wonder if it's an issue with knowing the playbook. We got him late in training camp so he's probably still adjusting, but when he is actually in the game he looks good. Although, he only gets a handful of snaps a game. I would much rather have him out there than say Amendola.

They are going to have to put him in a Gronk jersey if they want Brady to pass to him.

I was surprised to see the box score (I was engrossed in a book last night) this morning that the Bears were outgained 414-257 and Marshall had only one catch? Against that secondary? What happened?

Marshall and Jeffery are playing hurt. Both looked really slow.

CFL East pls

ByOYvRFIYAARDwI.png

Top 3 each division makes playoffs, but 4th place team can crossover
The Alouttes are in shambles. Gheir arrogance fired Dan Hawkins early last season. Coaching carousel. Pure hubris.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Yeah that was an incredibly bad performance last night. Still crazy that even with him playing so poorly the Jets very easily could have won if not for a few bad calls.

I'm thinking about the game this morning, ranting to my wife, and it occurs to me that Geno makes Vinny Testaverde look like a football genius. Vinny was dumb as a brick but he would have won us that game last night.

TheFatOne

They are going to have to put him in a Gronk jersey if they want Brady to pass to him.

Nah don't think that is true in this case since Wright actually has talent. He just doesn't see the field much. He only had 5 snaps in the last game, and for the season he has 4 catches on 5 targets. He just needs to get on the field more. Amendola should be sitting on the bench, and Thompkins/Dobson should be playing more. It's true for Lafell though. If that dude is open the ball isn't coming to him.

Tom Penny

I wonder when the Pats are going to use Wright more. I really like this guy. Would be another legit option at TE other than Gronk. I wonder if it's an issue with knowing the playbook. We got him late in training camp so he's probably still adjusting, but when he is actually in the game he looks good. Although, he only gets a handful of snaps a game. I would much rather have him out there than say Amendola.

I'm convinced Amendola only suits up to back up Edelman who is going to get broke off at the rate he's getting thrown to. He has no other value to the team. He certainly shouldn't be playing over Dobson.

I'm thinking about the game this morning, ranting to my wife, and it occurs to me that Geno makes Vinny Testaverde look like a football genius. Vinny was dumb as a brick but he would have won us that game last night.

I honestly think there are 25 QBs that would have won that game last night. The 2 picks were basically a 14 point swing, and even a rookie starting his first game shouldnt have thrown either one. I really dont see how Rex can stick with Geno, that D is playing as well as can be expected but the QB keeps fucking up. Players are going to quit on Rex if that keeps up.

Dragon

Banned

Apparently he's not a great run blocker which will severely limit his snaps.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I honestly think there are 25 QBs that would have won that game last night. The 2 picks were basically a 14 point swing, and even a rookie starting his first game shouldnt have thrown either one. I really dont see how Rex can stick with Geno, that D is playing as well as can be expected but the QB keeps fucking up. Players are going to quit on Rex if that keeps up.

I really think the Detroit game will be Geno's last stand. If he performs just averagely but doesn't turn the ball over/contribute to the loss, then Rex sticks with him. That's a big if though. Dude just doesn't seem to understand basic ball protection.

dionysus

Yaldog
NY Giants at Washington
Green Bay at Chicago
Buffalo at Houston
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Carolina at Baltimore
Detroit at NY Jets
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Miami at Oakland Though this not being a real home game I might change this.
Jacksonville at San Diego
Atlanta at Minnesota
Philadelphia at San Francisco
New Orleans at Dallas
New England at Kansas City

brentech

Some might. Most won't, because they want to keep earning.
Sometimes it's a perceived quit, but when you're left on the field too much, it's more of just a exhausted mental and physical breakdown.
It would be different if it wasn't just Vick behind him. He is capable of shit storming just as much as Geno.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NY Giants at Washington
Green Bay at Chicago
Buffalo at Houston
Carolina at Baltimore
Detroit at NY Jets
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Miami at Oakland
Atlanta at Minnesota
New Orleans at Dallas

I don't know if there's going to be any good games, but there's going to be a lot of close ones!

methodman

Banned
Does anyone consider Kap a clutch qb? As a Niner fan, I have no trust whatsoever in dude leading us down the field to score a game winning Td. Smh

NY Giants at Washington - Kirk Cousins, son of HoFlynn
Green Bay at Chicago - the Packers suck
Buffalo at Houston
Carolina at Baltimore
Detroit at NY Jets - Keep holding on to the ball Geno..
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Miami at Oakland
Atlanta at Minnesota
New Orleans at Dallas

Tough game for the Lions on paper, given our injuries. But I don't see that offense beating us with Geno at the helm.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is obnoxious to do on mobile. iOS 8 and Safari are wonky now when trying to move the cursor around to specific spots and precisely format, copy, and fix posts.

NY Giants at Washington Coin flip... Probably Washington though unless Elite Eli shows up

Green Bay at Chicago Picking Green Bay because I don't see them sliding that far plus the Bears are almost as bad as the Jets who are slightly worse than the Packers.

Buffalo at Houston another 50/50 game. Should be a good defensive matchup unless Watt plays on offense more

Tennessee at Indianapolis So easy a caveman can do it

Carolina at Baltimore

Carolina has no offense except chucking it to KB. I could see Carolina winning though because Flaccololol

Detroitat NY Jets

I sort of want to pick the upset here but the Jets are really awful. So the year of :kas continues

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh

:jnc snes

Miami at Oakland

Who cares?

:jnc gatas

Atlanta at Minnesota

Football gods frown upon child abuse

Same as Green Bay, San Francisco isnt slidding that far down. I'm still not a believer in the Iggles

New Orleans at Dallas

Dallas may pull off a win just because it's early in the season.

I hate the Pats

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Buffalo at Houston another 50/50 game. Should be a good defensive matchup unless Watt plays on offense more

its amazing how long things like this stay in peoples mind. The Texans are not a good defensive team, period. They're in the bottom five of almost everything but third down conversions and turnovers, which are both unsustainable.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
its amazing how long things like this stay in peoples mind. The Texans are not a good defensive team, period. They're in the bottom five of almost everything but third down conversions and turnovers, which are both unsustainable.

It's sustainable for another week, it's the Bills ffs.

I hope anyone picking us is ready to be disappointed. We suck, are complete garbage, and deserve to miss the playoffs and go 4-12. We are the 2014 Falcons. *lights penis on fire*

Go Cardinals! After shutting down the Niners, time to beat the bye in our sleep! Let's get all healed up and have Palmer ready to go in Denver!

NY Giants at Washington

Green Bay at Chicago
Buffalo at Houston
Carolina at Baltimore
Detroit at NY Jets
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Miami at Oakland
Atlanta at Minnesota
Philadelphia at San Francisco (Go Eagles!)
New Orleans at Dallas

Dragon

Banned
TheFatOne gave me such a mountain of shit and yet Dropson was a healthy scratch last week. I guess TheFatOne should give Belichick some shit too.

It's been an expected rough start for the Raiders, but Khalil Mack has been great. I know PFF isn't the end all be all, but they have Mack as the highest rated LB in the NFL. He's improved every game and was tearing through the Pats O-line on Sunday. It's nice to have a solid building block after missing on so many first round picks in the past.

its true though!
Played two of the better teams in the league the first two weeks. Should have beat Philly, had a chance to get back into it with Denver. I don't think the Colts stink.

Had they followed up those games with a close win against the Jags...okay. They stink. But they handled the Jags big time. Not necessarily impressive, but still, they did what they were supposed to do. Now it's time to beat up the Titans and keep the momentum going. Ravens should be tough, then a quick game against the Texans right after that.

Tom Penny

It's been an expected rough start for the Raiders, but Khalil Mack has been great. I know PFF isn't the end all be all, but they have Mack as the highest rated LB in the NFL. He's improved every game and was tearing through the Pats O-line on Sunday. It's nice to have a solid building block after missing on so many first round picks in the past.

He definitely added to the list of players that shat all over Nate Soldner so far this year. The best defensive player in that game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mobile GAF is crap and didn't quote what I wanted but echoing what BG said a page back.

I see Hoyer and Manziel as a Alex Smith/Kap situation.

Hoyer will never be elite but he's good enough to be the solid qb that we need.

I'd love for him to stay the starter for a few more years while Manziel learns but I know that won't be likely to happen.

Also still haven't decided which team I will curse by cheering for them on my bye week.

Maybe Houston again to give Mech a real reason to blame me for the season.

Aesius

Crisco

Banned
The Rob Bironas car crash story is getting stranger and stranger.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/09/23/students-say-rob-bironas-chased-threatened/16096649/?sf31485046=1

Apparently he left his house Saturday night without telling his wife, and she filed a missing person's report on him.

Meanwhile, he was driving around residential areas in Nashville like a maniac, threatening to kill college students and trying to run vehicles off the road before he crashed.

Do kickers get concussions?

cajunator

Banned
Mobile GAF is crap and didn't quote what I wanted but echoing what BG said a page back.

I see Hoyer and Manziel as a Alex Smith/Kap situation.

Hoyer will never be elite but he's good enough to be the solid qb that we need.

I'd love for him to stay the starter for a few more years while Manziel learns but I know that won't be likely to happen.

Also still haven't decided which team I will curse by cheering for them on my bye week.

Maybe Houston again to give Mech a real reason to blame me for the season.

I notice this a lot. I multi-quote a lot to save posts and because I go several hours at a time without posting sometimes, but on mobile I have to retry several times to get everything quoted. When quoting multiple pages, it "forgets" what I quoted and sometimes I go to reply and its blank.

Gronk is one goofly looking guy. Something about his face; I'd like to plant a fist in his suckhole.

I would kick your ass.

Apparently he's not a great run blocker which will severely limit his snaps.

Neither was Hernandez. Sure Wright is no where near as good as Hernandez was out wide, but he can be used in a similar way. McDaniels just refuses to leave him out on the field to actually add something significant to the O.

The thing that I hate about McDaniels is that he's overcomplicating the shit out of the offense. They rarely run anything as simple as a pair of quick slant. They did it once against the Raidahs with Thompkins who's great off the line and it was an easy first down. Nearly everything has long developing routes or complicated O-line movements and it just doesn't work without Scar anymore.

He definitely added to the list of players that shat all over Nate Soldner so far this year. The best defensive player in that game.

Nate is really trying not to get payed next year. Scar has been hiding his flaws for years apperently.

Top Bottom