• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

I would like to apologize if Packer fans were this masturbatory over Rodgers when he won his first Super Bowl.

I think the worst we got was that we felt he was better than Brent.

edit: I'm pretty sure ez would verbally flay us if we were that bad though. The greatest Green Bay QB is still Bart Starr so whatever.

what about don majowski?

Milchjon

04-alex-morgan.jpg

fHQq8Mm.gif

cdyhybrid

I would like to apologize if Packer fans were this masturbatory over Rodgers when he won his first Super Bowl.

I think the worst we got was that we felt he was better than Brent.

edit: I'm pretty sure ez would verbally flay us if we were that bad though. The greatest Green Bay QB is still Matt Flynn so whatever.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Only 33,762 people to go until I get season tickets!

I think my parents signed me up when I was in elementary school. They somehow always find my new address.

Like all "greatest" conversations, it depends on your criteria.

If Rodgers won 2 more Super Bowls and MVPs, it wouldn't matter because he is perpetually boring if not outright unlikable. He's at his most likable when he's being himself, at least the arrogant and show-boaty side.
If he played in SF he would be exactly like Kaep and taunt and talk shit all of the time, except he could actually read defenses.

That being said, Favre will always be the greatest Packers QB. His legend will only grow from here even if the truth is that he and his team were perpetual underachievers.

Starr was a good, serviceable QB, can't see the argument there. I guess there's the Lombardi connection but he'll always be overshadowed by Lombardi.

jWILL253

Banned
I'm reading these sports articles, and the one re-occuring theme is the sky high global passer rating. In the low 90's.

Roger Goddell is destroying the league with more than just botched handling of scandals...

Milchjon

I'm reading these sports articles, and the one re-occuring theme is the sky high global passer rating. In the low 90's.

Roger Goddell is destroying the league with more than just botched handling of scandals...

Tom Brady doing his best to save football!

Praise be unto him!

rando14

Unfortunately it's here to stay, I better just get used to these 34-31 shitshows!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Like all "greatest" conversations, it depends on your criteria.

If Rodgers won 2 more Super Bowls and MVPs, it wouldn't matter because he is perpetually boring if not outright unlikable. He's at his most likable when he's being himself, at least the arrogant and show-boaty side.
If he played in SF he would be exactly like Kaep and taunt and talk shit all of the time, except he could actually read defenses.

That being said, Favre will always be the greatest Packers QB. His legend will only grow from here even if the truth is that he and his team were perpetual underachievers.

Starr was a good, serviceable QB, can't see the argument there. I guess there's the Lombardi connection but he'll always be overshadowed by Lombardi.

I dunno man, I don't discount Montana as the greatest QB of all time because of Jerry Rice and Bill Walsh. I am tempted to discredit Bart Starr on the basis of his abysmal head coaching record though.

Overall this is a difficult discussion for me because I don't think I've ever been so angry at a professional sports figure as I was when Brent played for Minnesota. And it wasn't even him so much as having to endure all these analysts basically saying that the Packers as a franchise were a joke without him, that the huge fanbase was basically nothing but Favre lovers, and that we would soon become about as relevant as the Jaguars or Browns for perpetuity. Because who could really believe that a team from a small market like Green Bay/Milwaukee could be that popular?

And then every middle aged guy jumped on the fact that some 40 year old "looks like a kid out there, so maybe I can do it too!". And the cherry on the turd sandwich was the fact that he went to a division rival known for having players that "moon" us during games.

I haven't even started with the whole waffling thing that led to the whole thing to begin with.

Thank God Rodgers won us an Owl or else I'd still be actively pissed.

I dunno man, I don't discount Montana as the greatest QB of all time because of Jerry Rice and Bill Walsh. I am tempted to discredit Bart Starr on the basis of his abysmal head coaching record though.
Like I said, it all goes back to the criteria. Stats? Likeability? Rings?

I don't really care but don't think anyone will ever not say Favre. Cult of personality is too strong. Maybe he screwed himself over with the Minnesota thing but think history probably will smooth over that a bit more.

Fantomex

So guys, I need help picking my next videogame. I already have Bravely Default. I tried Dark Souls 2, and although fun, I've suffered enough rooting for the Phins to want to continue playing that game. A man can only curse and struggle so much. Any suggestions for some good RPGS? or an Action Adventure that will last me a while?

So guys, I need help picking my next videogame. I already have Bravely Default. I tried Dark Souls 2, and although fun, I've suffered enough to want to continue playing that game. Any suggestions for some good RPGS? or an Action Adventure that will last me a while?
Final Fantasy X HD

So guys, I need help picking my next videogame. I already have Bravely Default. I tried Dark Souls 2, and although fun, I've suffered enough rooting for the Phins to want to continue playing that game. A man can only curse and struggle so much. Any suggestions for some good RPGS? or an Action Adventure that will last me a while?

You're not here enough anymore friend. You're the last piece to the good Dolphins fan trifecta.

jWILL253

Banned
Unfortunately it's here to stay, I better just get used to these 34-31 shitshows!!

The worst part is, it's all in response to Peyton losing the Super Bowl to the Hawks. I expect them to radically overhaul the OT rules for next season, too.

Why does the league act like a child whenever the good Manning loses?

MRSA

Banned

Quit being a poor, get a PS4 and join us on Destiny. Tacos awaits you degenerate.

Top Bottom