• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

My god jabbee you are always bringing the truth. It is so sad that these Pats fans have to be so ridiculous about this. If the Pats got cheated out of a SB the same way they would be burying the team that did it. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.
There's worse things than being a hypocrite.

Like, an eagles fan for example.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Really? I can definitely get borderline teary during big moments for players. I got close when Ray broke the 3 point record (that son of a bitch :(), when KG and Pierce returned to the garden, etc.

I've never cried in sadness over losing, I used to get furious, but I grew out of it. I approach sports pretty level headed now. It's hard not to get attached to players, but at the end of a day it's a business. Same reason I think we should move on and flip Gronk/Brady to somebody foolish enough to pony up for them. It's not that they don't have anything of value left, it's just that they don't have enough in the situations they're in, and besides Gronk is as close to the end with his body as Brady is at this point, both of them have been lousy this year. Losing is a part of the game, winning is great, but the journey is almost as important.

Spinluck

Byu3Yl9CQAAcW37.jpg:large

Oh man, I'm dying. :lol

Brent pls

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I can't handle all of these dumb sports opinions.

With his numbers he should be considered the GOAT or at least in the conversation. He's had 2 (more? really haven't followed it), shots at the hall and he still isn't in, in fact his hopes declined a bit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Baseball. *yawn* This is the time of the night NFLGAF congregates to discuss what substances they're on, what they're eating and some very questionable Coldnoodle pics/gifs.

LJ11

LJ, any thoughts or reasons behind the Bills pass/run splits besides coaching incompetence? I didn't watch much of the actual game, but both Spiller and Jackson seemed to be getting pretty solid gains on the ground, at least early on. Future and I were talking about it as the game was going on and it seems insane that any staff could watch Houston's tape vs. WAS or NYG and not pound the run against them. Especially when you have a guy like Manuel under center and Spiller/Jackson available. There was actually a point when they were averaging more YPC on runs than they were YPA on passes, which is insane.

I don't see how you have Manuel throw 44 times in a game which was close pretty much the entire time and against one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Dude they came out throwing the ball, that's the crazy part, they came out throwing. Gameplan from the go was to pass, I have no clue what they were thinking. Fred was starting to get going too when they gave him carries. It's old Fred so he doesn't have much speed but you can count on him to make guys miss. Spiller too, but Spiller's just trying to break the long one constantly. This staff doesn't use the backs like Gailey did. Gailey killed Romeo on the ground, Romeo would never adjust to what Gailey was doing, and Gailey would shred him on the ground.

I don't know why, they only ran it 7 times after half. WR Williams alluded to the team being thrown off by the coverage the Texans were running early in the game, saw something else on tape. Fuck if I know, especially with two rookies on OL who are better run blockers than pass blockers. Just dumb.

Watt is the best player in football that doesn't play QB, and right now, many of the QBs are ho hum. Watt's a fucking animal, his endurance is insane. I wonder what allows him to be so fit. Rarely comes off the field and he's full go from start to finish I read an article in the NYT a few years ago about some guy named Kilian Jornet Burgada, look it up, it's a worthwhile read. When I think of Watt, I think of Kilian Jornet Burgada. A legit freak, his endurance levels should be examined and compared to others at the position, it's insane to an outsider like myself. Takes a beating, never stops. He has a legit advantage over just about everyone.

Also, nothing better than postseason Hockey and Baseball, nothing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Don't know what I'd do if dolphins made the superbowl let alone win, I'm a laker fan and it was great seeing them win all those titles but my fandom for basketball and the lakers pale in comparison to the dolphins, i don't even own any lakers gear.

Wait... a lakers fan and a dolphins fan? yikes.

Don't know what I'd do if dolphins made the superbowl let alone win, I'm a laker fan and it was great seeing them win all those titles but my fandom for basketball and the lakers pale in comparison to the dolphins, i don't even own any lakers gear.

I was starting to like you a whole lot more when this post began and it dwindled with that last sentence...

i'm not much of a baseball fan (i'll go to the ocassional dodger game here in LA) but for some reason i just love watching playoff baseball no matter who is involved. what an intense game it was tonight

I'm about as casual a Royals fan as possible, but my parents are hardcore so I was watching the game and cheering for them. I wrote them off two separate times this game, but they kept coming back. Sports cliche of the night: "This team has heart!"

Go Royals!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
i'm not much of a baseball fan (i'll go to the ocassional dodger game here in LA) but for some reason i just love watching playoff baseball no matter who is involved. what an intense game it was tonight

Parity has been really great for the league. It's been a bridge to a bridge to a bridge, but it seems to be taking now. They still need to shorten the game though. I used to be a massive baseball fan, and largely still am, but I have to be browsing or something at different points, because I will just fall asleep, during some of those games.

Aye, there's something in the air during playoff baseball.

NFL playoffs are probably my least favourite.

Godslay

Banned
I cried.. for the first time in over a decade. That Superbowl was glorious. Like literally tears came down from my face randomly in the 4th quarter and I didn't know how to stop it. Looked around and everyone else also either in tears, or just completely drunk (we decided to do shots for every Seahawk score.... Oh lord).

Good for you guys. Feels great to win one, especially the first after losing prior.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Aye, there's something in the air during playoff baseball.

NFL playoffs are probably my least favourite.

It's all one and done. I guess that adds something, but there's nothing like the back and forth of 7 game series. I know tonights was more a play-in, but I guess knowing you're ready for the multi-game series can get you hyped.

Same, although it didn't hurt that tonight was one of the best games of the year, regardless of sport.

BigAT

Amazing game, glad the Royals pulled it out. I can't imagine going 29 years without a playoff appearance. It would have been brutal to get there only to get bumped in the bullshit play-in game.

ShaneB

Baseball is great. It's just the slog of 162 game regular season. Playoff Baseball is always magical. Every pitch is nerve racking.

Just a bit of a downer knowing it's the Blue Jays that have the longest playoff drought now :(

bigosc2k

Banned
My coworker went from being happy about the Raider firing Dennis Allen to silent as fuck right now due to A's choking, work is going to be so enjoyable and quiet now.

Between dismantling the Pats on prime time television and the Royals fighting off elimination twice to advance, KC sports fans must be delirious as fuck right about now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I can't handle all of these dumb sports opinions.

Sorry I have to quote this again, but I just realized you called my opinion a "dumb sports opinion" for claiming Barry wasn't a first ballot HOF. I'm not sure how I missed that, but lol factually he's not... in fact he's not even a 2nd ballot. He's going to struggle straight up to even get in.

Wait... a lakers fan and a dolphins fan? yikes.

Yeah....been a dolphins fan since I was 5 or 6..don't even remember and grew up watching lakers with my dad, those are the only two teams I root for though, might start following hockey though last years finals were amazing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah....been a dolphins fan since I was 5 or 6..don't even remember and grew up watching lakers with my dad, those are the only two teams I root for though, might start following hockey though last years finals were amazing.

I mean to each his own, bizarre combination there.

Clockwork5

NFL needs to make the pro bowl go towards home field in the SB like they do with the allstar game in baseball.

There shouldn't be a competitive pro bowl game. To much chance for injury. Also, SB inbound players don't even play in the pro bowl, due to possibility of injury.

Bread

Banned
My god jabbee you are always bringing the truth. It is so sad that these Pats fans have to be so ridiculous about this. If the Pats got cheated out of a SB the same way they would be burying the team that did it. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.
you can't make up scenarios and chastise us for how you think we'd act during them

I didn't cry when the Hawks won the Superbowl, but I was on an emotional high that I swear lasted about two weeks. I downloaded the game to watch it again, and I just ate up every piece of media that I could. I listened to the Denver guys who said there was no way Seattle would win, I listened to Seattle radio, and I even watched some ESPN, including First Take. It was glorious as a Seattle sports fan for all the reasons WesternHeretic spelled out.

The thing is that I try to enjoy watching games and savor when my team's win, but I also try to minimize how it affects me when my teams lose. I used to be emotional win or lose as a kid, but I had to change that quickly. I really wouldn't enjoy watching sports as an adult if I got that upset over a loss or if I wasn't excited and emotional over a win.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

It's funny they're like a big support group for one another, letting themselves believe that their thought process is just and the right way. Keep fighting that good fight, I know Jabbee is doing his part! Justice shall be served!

Top Bottom