• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

First one to the bench: Brady or Tannehill?

hey now the Pats were in the Super Bowl in 1985. Yes they got completely and utterly curb stomped by the Bears but they were there.

Tannehill's been on the field every offensive moment. Brady already lost the battle.

Even EJ Manuel was on the field every offensive moment of Week 4. Brady got benched before a guy who lost his job, smdh

Patriots have been in the playoffs fewer times than the Dolphins (and the Raiders, lol, NE is such a shitty franchise).

Don't worry the universe will right itself soon enough. NE will be back on their Gata tier and the Raiders will be back on top.

Kas am I doing this right?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I know Brady has declined but it still boggles my mind as to why management and Bill never traded for a Moss replacement after that 2007 season. Welker was great but not a down the field threat. They could've easily traded for a Larry Fitzgerald with the tons of draft picks they had but instead drafted horribly which wasted that brief 2008-2011 window Tom had.

Bill is a great coach when it comes to play calling but he has drafted horribly. Bill should get the vast majority of the blame for why the team is the way it is.

The Patriots are old news anyway. You had your fun I think focus should be put on young, exciting teams led by elite QBs like the Lions just as we focused on the Patriots for a decade.

Don't worry the universe will right itself soon enough. NE will be back on their Gata tier and the Raiders will be back on top.

Kas am I doing this right?

You would be if the Raiders were led by a competent owner and GM. I root for you guys but change needs to start from the top down like we had to do it after the 0-16 2008 season.

Godslay

Banned
I cast a vote to make Actstriker the official President of the Patriots. All his opinions on the Pats shall represent the Pats.

Gata your twisted monarchy will crumple in the light of democracy!

Can you even get in the playoffs?

Piling on my shit team doesn't make your shit team better, just FYI

What have you done for me lately

What have you done in the last 10 years other then drop to SBs to Goober Manning and 18-1?

If the dolphins can't make the playoffs this year, just shut down the organization.

I agree.

So you're saying the Pats DIDNT begin play in 2001?

Gatas life truths are demolished.

:jnc

Edit:

Sounds like Giants last year but on top of that, the interior OL was atrocious and they had no running backs.

Except his receivers are wide open

eznark

Banned
So what you're saying is there are at least 21 shitty franchises and the Browns are a top 5 franchise.

Is it 21 teams below 20 playoff appearances? That's my cutoff.

And yes, the Browns are a pretty awesome franchise. Basically the Patriots inverse, except that they were actually able to win a bunch of Championships.

Godslay

Banned
I never should have given up my throne.

Pats Gaf is like England, you boarded a ship with BOB to establish a new land. We shall call Texans Gaf... New... England? Wait that doesn't make sense.

Damn Broncos barely squeaked in with 20 playoff appearances.

I know we Lion fans have had heartbreak, despair, letdown for the last 50 years. The past is the past and it's something we have to forget about. We are young, talented, have depth and are well coached this time around.

Like I preached during the offseason, a changing of the guard would be taking place starting this season. Guys like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning are old and are already, if not close to, approaching the end of their careers.

The QB position is becoming a little more mobile but the most important thing is what happens in the pocket. You have to be able to read defenses and audible if necessary on you're own call not the coaches, stand in the pocket and make reads and sling that ball Brent style to be successful.

Out of the young QBs in the league only Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck can do those things at a high level like Peyton or Tom did back in the day. Russell Wilson is a hell of a QB but that ring was mostly due to the team around him.

Teams that draft guys like Geno Smith or Johnny Manziel are doomed to fail because that type of QB play that worked in college will not be a long term success in the NFL. In college they were not forced to audible based on what the defense showed and won't be able to scramble two seconds into the play.

I'd put Aaron above Stafford out of those four QBs I listed but the Lions are much more talented and have more depth than the Packers do. Plus the NFC is actually weaker than I thought it would be due to the decline of the 49ers, Saints and Panthers. In most power rankings the only two NFC teams above us are the Seahawks and Cardinals. I have no idea why anyone would rank the Cardinals ahead of us and the Seahawks are the defending champs. I think the Cardinals are ranked ahead of us because they're 3-0 in the overrated NFC West. No way a Carson Palmer or Drew Stanton led team makes any noise in the playoffs, if they even get their (Seahawks will win the NFC West).

This year and the year to follow are different. We're not the Lolions anymore and have confidence, youth and talent. I know we're only 1/4th into the season but you can generally see who will be relevant late into the season.

1800380_10152692715853605_5802399884749320152_n.jpg

slay-front-092814.jpg

I hope you're right man. Last year was a big disappointment after coming out of the gate strong. I do feel like this year may be different tho

Tom Penny

Is it 21 teams below 20 playoff appearances? That's my cutoff.

And yes, the Browns are a pretty awesome franchise. Basically the Patriots inverse, except that they were actually able to win a bunch of Championships.

Pats have 21 playoff berths..so keep adjusting..

MechDX

Pats Gaf is like England, you boarded a ship with BOB to establish a new land. We shall call Texans Gaf... New... England? Wait that doesn't make sense.

Damn Broncos barely squeaked in with 20 playoff appearances.

image.php

When I was king of Pats GAF we were a benevolent yet humble group. Now it is all infighting, betrayal, deceit, fetishes for QB's who have thrown 7 passes in their career.

eznark

Banned
Pete Prisco is hard at work breaking down game film for his defense of Tom Brady article.

So far, from tweets, it looks like it amounts to "if he has elite wide outs and an elite line he'd be totally great"

Oh

Top Bottom