• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Dragon

Banned
this is part of the reason why I chose not to go into programming, I didnt want to clean up other peoples crap code thats not commented. Instead, i'm cleaning up other peoples Active Directory/GPO/DNS and other enterprise systems that aren't documented. What have I learned? People are lazy.

I don't envy you. We just got bought and we switched everything over to our new owners login/AD etc and I've been trying to get LDAP Servers for three weeks. This company is so damn slow at anything related to networking/servers/programming it's insane.

My router took a shit on me last night. Time for a new one.

Buy a nice draft ac Asus one, install ddwrt on it, and never touch it again. That's what I did almost a year ago and I haven't had to restart it once.

jakncoke

Banned
Well then I don't know what to say. Unless Gettleman or someone else can convince me that the Panthers are a better team without Steve Smith, I say he and the organization fucked up. And after seeing what Smith did on Sunday, that only furthers it.

Pretty sure he now owns the vague record of best 4 game yards total for a wr 35+ now as well.

Godslay

Banned
this is part of the reason why I chose not to go into programming, I didnt want to clean up other peoples crap code thats not commented. Instead, i'm cleaning up other peoples Active Directory/GPO/DNS and other enterprise systems that aren't documented. What have I learned? People are lazy.

I clean up crap in code everyday. My own and other people's. It helps to have standards and stick to them. Even then, it's not always easy.

Personally, I'm not a fan of over commenting. I was initially, but your code should speak for itself. If it doesn't or there is a tricky bit of code then comment it. Otherwise it should explicitly state it's intentions. Easier said then done obviously, but something to strive for.

brentech

DONT BUY ANOTHER ONE. THEY ARE PLANTED WITH NSA BUGS

however long you've had that avatar, I don't think I've ever noticed bounty hunter. Just the Bucs flag...not realizing it was his bandanna or whatever it is.

I have the AA and Jug version of that art, and use it as my steam avatar with a Packers logo overlayed, but can't decide if i want to use it here.

Cards update:

Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki · 4m4 minutes ago

Bruce Arians confirms Carson Palmer is seeking another opinion regarding his throwing shoulder.

Doesn't seem like they'll be getting him back yet.

Tom Penny

Speaking of routers what makes makes the Wifi signal work? I have a Zoom router and there is no software for it. Apparently everything is built in. I have no clue if there is anyway to improve the signal.

eznark

Banned
Starting the last book in Wheel of Time. Sanderson has made this world so much more exciting. Last few books have been amazing.

I like how the cards Dcordinator calls plays. You never knwo when he's going to throw in an all out blitz. No fucks given.

But that team is over rated, especially with two shitty QBs. Seattle/San Fran still takes the division

Dragon

Banned
Starting the last book in Wheel of Time. Sanderson has made this world so much more exciting. Last few books have been amazing.

Veins of Gold is an amazing chapter, loved what he did with that. Was disappointed with his depiction of the Last Battle though, will be interested to see your thoughts.

MRSA

Banned
I just bought a cheap D-Link DID615 off newegg for $30. It's DD-WRT compatible, only good for wireless n. Doesn't bother me as the only thing with wireless AC is my iPhone.

Orioles are clearly the darling. I don't mind the Royals, obviously a nice story, but how can you be against the O's?

I am not against the O's at all. I think the Royals are the better story, plus I like the small market teams in baseball. If not the Royals then the O's for sure in the AL.

Tamanon

Banned
Speaking of routers what makes makes the Wifi signal work? I have a Zoom router and there is no software for it. Apparently everything is built in. I have no clue if there is anyway to improve the signal.

Honestly, it's usually the location that contributes the most to router strength. Like putting it close to the important stuff, looking out for concrete walls or making sure it's not near any other source of wireless transmissions like a microwave.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
JJ Watt bought his mom a car for her birthday and put a big red bow on it. What a softie.

Draxal

Jordan's last book started the upward trend. I really liked how Sanderson upped the pace even more, and the last book is a worthy send off.

Only thing I found odd with the first two of Sanderson's books, is how much I liked Egwene in the first book and how much i hated her in the second.

eznark

Banned
Orioles as 16th in payroll, Royals are 18th.

And a big chunk of that difference is Ubaldo Jimenez.

Orioles have a low payroll by choice, significant difference.

Only thing I found odd with the first two of Sanderson's books, is how much I liked Egwene in the first book and how much i hated her in the second.
Her change was jarring as fuck, she was basically just suddenly a totally different character. Poor progression with her, but Jordan started that.

eznark

Banned
Why? Because our market is sooooo much bigger? Not even close. KC is a small market team, Baltimore is too, KC's is just smaller.

Baltimore has more than a half million more people in its metro area. They have no business being in the middle in payroll.

And if you liked Sanderon's Wheel of Time, I'd definitely try his Way of Kings series.

Reading through those two books is actually what made me read Wheel of Time.

manfestival

however long you've had that avatar, I don't think I've ever noticed bounty hunter. Just the Bucs flag...not realizing it was his bandanna or whatever it is.

I have the AA and Jug version of that art, and use it as my steam avatar with a Packers logo overlayed, but can't decide if i want to use it here.

Five enemies, five bounties. Maybe we can start a thing?

Draxal

Reading through those two books is actually what made me read Wheel of Time.

Ah, I actually prefer Sanderson as a writer (I love his pacing), however I think Wheel of Time had the superior world, so I really enjoyed Sanderson's take on WOT.

bionic77

I agree 100%.

I also liked the last book.

The series really needed someone like him to wrap it up.

Did you ever read the Dark Tower? The first 4 books in that are really good. The Long Ships is a fucking masterpiece as well.

You bastards need to tell me about some other new books. I still need to read that one GAFers book and need to buy the others one.

bionic77

Jordan's last book started the upward trend. I really liked how Sanderson upped the pace even more, and the last book is a worthy send off.

Egwene was always a huge cunt.

The women in that series sucked balls for the most part.

dionysus

Yaldog
I agree 100%.

Did you ever read the Dark Tower? The first 4 books in that are really good. The Long Ships is a fucking masterpiece as well.

You bastards need to tell me about some other new books. I still need to read that one GAFers book and need to buy the others one.

You want fantasy or sci-fi recommendations beyond the usual suspects?

Lois McMaster Bujold is a god in both genres. She is not obscure because she has won a bunch of awards, but she never caught on mainstream. Vorkosigan saga for sci-fi and the 3 books in her Chalion series if you want fantasy. Chalion books are not sequels to each other so they stand alone. Hallowed Hunt is by far my favorite but Curse of Chalion probably sets up the world better and is damn awesome in itself.

I don't enjoy her Sharing Knife fantasy epic as much because it is too heavy on the romance/married couple stuff.

Seriously, read Bujold.

Draxal

I agree 100%.

Way of Kings by Sanderson, if you hadn't read the two books in that series yet.

Egwene was always a huge cunt.

The women in that series sucked balls for the most part.

Egwene was two different characters in those books, i really had trouble thinking she was the same character in those two books. Nynaeve became the best character in the series by the end.

DMczaf

Bradford Era is over :(

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ustin-davis-starting-quarterback-in-st-louis/

The Rams have taken their time naming a starting quarterback for their last two games, but they’re returning from the bye week with a new approach.

Coach Jeff Fisher announced on Wednesday that Austin Davis will make his third straight start against the Eagles this Sunday. Fisher actually went a bit further than that and said that Davis is the team’s starter moving forward.

Dragon

Banned
People really trying to convince Dragon to not grasp for straws when it comes to bashing Microsoft.

We need football.

Grasp for straws? It was fucking hilarious, I shared it.

Notice that I have learned it is a lost cause.

Yeah you're such a victim YH. I feel for you I really do.

Edit: bionic if you like fantasy, I do like Rothfuss' Name of the Wind even if the second book wasn't as good. Also any Guy Gavriel Kay book is pretty much gold in my eyes. He has an incredible writing style and his characters are very well thought out. Read Tigana!

TheFatOne

Decided to get 2 of these. Ye buddy.

southern-tier-pumpkin-2.jpg

Love me some pumpking.

Grasp for straws? It was fucking hilarious, I shared it.

Yeah you're such a victim YH. I feel for you I really do.

Edit: bionic if you like fantasy, I do like Rothfuss' Name of the Wind even if the second book wasn't as good. Also any Guy Gavriel Kay book is pretty much gold in my eyes. He has an incredible writing style and his characters are very well thought out. Read Tigana!

WTF? I never said I was a victim, I have just realized that discussing MS/Sony with you is pointless because we are never going to agree. You seem to be taking things really weird right now. Not sure what is up with that.

ShaneB

I agree 100%.

Come hang out in the reading threads!

MRSA

Banned
O nice, T-Mobile is gonna give me a router for $25 deposit or $99 if I never return it. It's an Asus AC68 that has some custom T-Mobile firmware that I'll probably put DD-WRT on it (Don't want T-Mobile to turn my router into a public hotspot like Comast are planning).

Top Bottom