• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

ShaneB

Watching the ball game, but just flipped through the college fb games, and saw the fly over of Davis Wade stadium for the Mississippi/Auburn game. What a gorgeous stadium.

jWILL253

Banned
@jWILL, 80% of Luck's picks are when he feels he has to take risks to get the offense moving. Good chance he doesn't feel as compelled to throw those if he knew he had the best defense in the league waiting on the bench.

I think you're underestimating the value Russell brings to the Hawks.

Remember the 2011-2012 season? We had a Top 10 defense that year, too. But we also had Tavaris Jackson and Clipboard Jesus helming the QB position; we went 7-9 that year. People act like we would still have a shot at the Super Bowl if we were built like that 2006-2007 Bears team, but that's just not the case...

Dragon

Banned
With the amount of interceptions that he throws?

No. Just no...

Russell Wilson has had a great defense and great running game. He has never had to throw the ball more than 40 times in a game in his career. Luck on the other hand has neither of those things. I agree Luck can be care less with the ball, but you can't compare interception totals when Wilson throws the ball 75% as much. Their interception rates aren't altogether that different besides Wilson this year only throwing 1 so far.

zychi

Banned
I made my comment in the Gurley thread. Know the NCAA is insane. Watching 'Schooled' opened my eyes.

College as a whole institution is fucked up. There's a school in Illinois that is given grant money every year, they put some of the that money towards new computers every year. They buy maxed out Macs, and crazy good Windows PCs. There is an entire room of basically brand new, untouched 3 year old computers, some are still in the plastic. The students in the specific program aren't allowed to touch the old ones. They just sit there. Unused.

I can't imagine how fucked up the sports programs are.

Konka

Banned
Russell Wilson has had a great defense and great running game. He has never had to throw the ball more than 40 times in a game in his career. Luck on the other hand has neither of those things. I agree Luck can be care less with the ball, but you can't compare interception totals when Wilson throws the ball 75% as much. Their interception rates aren't altogether that different besides Wilson this year only throwing 1 so far.

Yeah I didn't even take the time to look it up but they both threw 9 interceptions last year. So I don't even know what he's going on about at this point.

Whereas Wilson fumbled 10 times and lost 5 while Luck fumbled 6 times and lost 2.

Vince Young enjoying a turkey leg at the OU/UT game

Vince-Wilfork-Vs-The-Turkey-Leg-GIF.gif

ShaneB

College as a whole institution is fucked up. There's a school in Illinois that is given grant money every year, they put some of the that money towards new computers every year. They buy maxed out Macs, and crazy good Windows PCs. There is an entire room of basically brand new, untouched 3 year old computers, some are still in the plastic. The students in the specific program aren't allowed to touch the old ones. They just sit there. Unused.

I can't imagine how fucked up the sports programs are.

Oh no doubt, I imagine there are plenty of crazy stories just like that.

ShaneB

Someone should do a sportsscience segment on why Trent Richardson is so ass.

The Around the NFL guys joked around saying it seemed like he was just terrified of open space. He sees a hole and just freezes up and runs back to the comfort of a pile of bodies.

I think you're underestimating the value Russell brings to the Hawks.

Remember the 2011-2012 season? We had a Top 10 defense that year, too. But we also had Tavaris Jackson and Clipboard Jesus helming the QB position; we went 7-9 that year. People act like we would still have a shot at the Super Bowl if we were built like that 2006-2007 Bears team, but that's just not the case...

Uh 7-9 with a garbage QB doesn't exactly help your point. Jay Cutler could have probably gotten them to 10 wins.

I think Wilson-Luck is going to be the new Brady-Manning debate.

zychi

Banned
Two things I need cleared up

Who does jnc root for?
and what was the video that used to be linked in his name? it's gone now.

Top Bottom