• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

brentech

Until they meet an offense they can't stop..Eli and his shitty offensive line put 21 on them, GB probably put 35 on them with ease, that defense is fools gold, their offense is fucking legit, that line is awesome, but the defense is the reason they won't win a SB..
I feel like defenses have a chance to get really hot and playback above their level. Where offenses usually only improve slightly when it's all going. So all they need is to peak at the right time for a chance.

ramuh

Alright. I'm a little nervous about my Broncos tonight. I feel if we can actually contain Kap we have a decent chance.

duxstar

Alright. I'm a little nervous about my Broncos tonight. I feel if we can actually contain Kap we have a decent chance.

You do know we're missing Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman, and Mike Iupati, and Aldon Smith? I'll be happy if we can keep it close

Konka

Banned

chiptongue.gif

Farooq

Banned
Dallas is going to get a couple of defensive linemen back.

Most notably their second round pick Demarcus Lawrence. Normally, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a rookie pass rusher, but with the time off he got to bulk up in size. There are accounts also saying he looks more explosive than he was in camp.

This team may have a better pass rush come November(also known as the month of Romo)/December.

GG again Cowboys GAF.

Man Coughlin must have really grilled this team on the trash talk. This matchup didn't get anywhere near the press last week's Eagles game did.

Bitanator

I'm a Niners fan ..... Why would I be salty ? That loss makes the Niners look better than they are, I'm just getting ahead of the best team in the NFL shit we're about to hear from the media all week. Don't worry the soft schedule and division will still get them into the playoffs, assuming they don't kill Murray.

Most of Dallas tough match-ups are on the road near the end of the year, the schedule is not cupcake by any means. You cannot discredit their six game win streak so far.

Khalil Mack, 11 tackles, 10 solo, 3 tackles for loss. 2014 draft class has been great, 2014 free agent signings have been complete garbage. Hopefully someone will trade up to #1 for a QB and the Raiders can stack-up on draft picks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hackett is a fucking bum. Spiller should have been having a career year.

Spiller is a professional. Whichever team gets him in the offseason next year is going to have a better Sproles.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Detroit go after Spiller.

Zeke

It's the Broncos from last year all over again, their defining win was the Seahawks who just lost to St Louis. Other than that theyve played Niners (lost), Titans, Saints, Texans , Seahawks and Giants.

Cupcake schedule and leaning heavily on Demarco Murray leads to inflated schedule
The Fuck is this? Cowboys suck cause they are beating the teams on their schedule! Also using one of their best offensive weapons to win games bunch of hacks I tell you. They should have traded for Trent Truck instead screw using players that don't suck.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Remind me of Staffords record against teams with a winning record?

Irrelevant. The past is the past.

We have by far the best defense in the league, and we're winning with an offense struggling with injuries.

When the offense gets going nobody can stop us. And even when it's mediocre we can still beat anyone. I truly believe this team will make a run. The old Lions would've quit and gave up. Not this Coach Caldwell Lions team.

We have by far the best defense in the league, and we're winning with an offense struggling with injuries.

When the offense gets going nobody can stop us. And even when it's mediocre we can still beat anyone. I truly believe this team will make a run. The old Lions would've quit and gave up. Not this Coach Caldwell Lions team.

How can you watch our secondary get DICED by Brees like that and say we're by far the best defense? We have arguably the best front 7 and they're propping up an injured secondary. Our nicklebacks are BAD. Slay had a tough game today, made a few plays though.

Didn't we also get diced by Kyle fucking Orton? I think we have a good defense. We're great against the run. But I'm not convinced we can stop great QBs. Luckily we don't face too many in the second half of the season.

Ugh, it's impossible to watch any sort of interviews or locker room "speeches" or pre-game speeches because they are so disgustingly cliche and stupid sounding. I want to vomit everytime they cut to some meathead screaming the most generic shit ever. And then afterwards with the coaches that all say the same shit.

Staaaaaahhhhhhhhppppppp :kas

iori9999

Banned

Are you going to tell more people to eat bags of dicks because they don't think Stafford is great Mr. CK?

Not feeling confident about tonight...I have a feeling that penalties are going to rear its ugly head tonight for the niners (especially illegal contact and PI). We have a bunch of rooks in the secondary + Peyton breaking TD record on Sunday night football is too good of a story..you just know that Goodell is going to make the call..

The Lions will never win a Superbowl with Haley Joel Osment as quarterback.

jakncoke

Banned

So is his 5000k 46 td season that led to nowhere in the playoffs, but that doesnt stop you from bringing it up ;)

bionic77

I feel like defenses have a chance to get really hot and playback above their level. Where offenses usually only improve slightly when it's all going. So all they need is to peak at the right time for a chance.
Disagree. I think defense is more consistent.

And offenses can get hot for a few weeks. You should know as you saw it in person with the Packers in 2010.

Top Bottom