• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

How can you watch our secondary get DICED by Brees like that and say we're by far the best defense? We have arguably the best front 7 and they're propping up an injured secondary. Our nicklebacks are BAD. Slay had a tough game today, made a few plays though.

Didn't we also get diced by Kyle fucking Orton? I think we have a good defense. We're great against the run. But I'm not convinced we can stop great QBs. Luckily we don't face too many in the second half of the season.

I think our biggest improvement to our defense was ditching the Wide 9

duxstar

My Point isn't that the cowboys suck, just that they aren't the best team in the NFL like they are about to be crowned all week by the media.

Teams I'd be more scared of playing than the Cowboys.

Chargers
Packers
Broncos
Cardinals
Patriots

I'd rank em 6 or 7

Tenumi

Banned
Irrelevant. The past is the past.

We have by far the best defense in the league, and we're winning with an offense struggling with injuries.

When the offense gets going nobody can stop us. And even when it's mediocre we can still beat anyone. I truly believe this team will make a run. The old Lions would've quit and gave up. Not this Coach Caldwell Lions team.

Kas, I hate to do this, but shut the fuck up and listen. You are making the rest of us Lions fans look bad. I don't even want to show my face here because any Lions fan automatically gets associated with you. There is enthusiasm, and then there is pure arrogance. You are posting textbook examples of the second.

I like the Lions, but they are not perfect. Stafford is not perfect. CJ is not perfect. Nobody is. But the way you speak you would expect this team to be beating every team by 50 and be on the way to a perfect season. We just lucked out a win against a team on a down year. Our offense is below average right now, and defense over-achieving.

Oh, and "the past is the past" doesn't work when you bring up past stats all the time.

They need to clarify that Demarco's record is consecutive 100 yard games to start the season. Barry has the record of most consecutive 100 yard games at 14

bionic77

My Point isn't that the cowboys suck, just that they aren't the best team in the NFL like they are about to be crowned all week by the media.

Chargers
Packers
Broncos
Cardinals
Patriots

I'd rank em 6 or 7
Cardinals and Patriots are frauds. This is known.

Packers might be frauds. Not sure about them.

zero_suit

Chargers
Packers
Broncos
Cardinals
Patriots

I'd rank em 6 or 7

Why? They're frauds.

Kas, I hate to do this, but shut the fuck up and listen. You are making the rest of us Lions fans look bad. I don't even want to show my face here because any Lions fan automatically gets associated with you. There is enthusiasm, and then there is pure arrogance. You are posting textbook examples of the second.

I like the Lions, but they are not perfect. Stafford is not perfect. CJ is not perfect. Nobody is. But the way you speak you would expect this team to be beating every team by 50 and be on the way to a perfect season. We just lucked out a win against a team on a down year. Our offense is below average right now, and defense over-achieving.

Oh, and "the past is the past" doesn't work when you bring up past stats all the time.

Bro it's a message board why are even remotely embarrassed about anything or anyone here. I mean we all know how Kas is but he's not gonna change. Just do you and try not to worry about it.

iori9999

Banned

Don't defy the chosen one Kas.. He will tell you to eat a bag a dicks followed by retrieving to his Stafford shrine..

njean777

I like how the Eagles blow out the Giants and not a peep was heard in the media by it. Dallas doesn't even come close to doing that and they are the best in the league all of a sudden. I swear the media is just terrible.

jakncoke

Banned

If you're remotely sane you're automatically looked in a good light as opposed to relentlessly mocked. But I think kas embraces the mocking at this point instead of looking at it like a negative. Long story short, show up more.

Tenumi

Banned
Bro (Sis) it's a message board why are even remotely embarrassed about anything or anyone here. I mean we all know how Kas is but he's not gonna change. Just do you and try not to worry about it.

Sorry, I'm just pissed at a lot of things right now and needed to vent. It's just hard to be taken seriously when one extremely visible apple becomes the standard of a bushel, you know what I mean.

I shouldn't use metaphors/analogies...

Farooq

Banned
I like how the Eagles blow out the Giants and not a peep was heard in the media by it. Dallas doesn't even come close to doing that and they are the best in the league all of a sudden. I swear the media is just terrible.

Who gives a shit. Eagles have two games to prove if they are the better team.

zychi

Banned
Hydrate , supposedly it gets hot during the day , I'm jealous I live in New York and can't wait till I can fly out there to see a home game
Im trying to hit up one new stadium every year from now on. Figured newest would be best.
Plus i wanna see my boy kaep and patrick willis play

Godslay

Banned
Not if the offense can protect them and keep their defense from playing a lot of snaps.

They're playing damn good. If Romo and Murray keep playing like this, they'll be a tough out. That's the thing with a good running game and a good QB. You can control possession and score points. Get ahead, grind out the clock, and slow the opposing offenses down enough or keep them off the field to win.

It's my largest complaint with these Broncos. Weak running game is always going to let teams back in simply because drives aren't long enough and as a result the defense sees more field, and the clock doesn't burn out.

Welcome to our club of nerves!

I'm not nervous. That doesn't mean we'll win or I'm cocky, I just want them to play solid football and they'll win more often then not.

The Peyton jerk off continues!

With a 506 TD dick, you need all the hands you can get!

jakncoke

Banned
Getting pissy over being called elite this early is silly because a couple of the teams that are tokened as good this year will nose dive and someone out of the back will get hot. Happens basically yearly. Or maybe its just because the Steelers suck fucking dick and would take a miracle to keep even the .500 streak going.

JCizzle

How many TDs to break the record? It seems like NBC hasn't mentioned it, so I'm not sure how many he needs. Two? Four? Five?

Tenumi

Banned
OK... I'm good now. Sorry Kas, I kinda needed that. Sorry you ended up the target.

Anyway... I'm probably not even going to be around for the next Lions game. 9:30 AM? I seriously woke up an hour before today's game, the game will be done before I wake up next Sunday.

Top Bottom