• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Trey

So what are the plays of the year so far? Some contenders:

lolrams.0.gif

omgrod-0.gif

I don't care if the second one didn't count. Shit was ridiculous.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Not too worried about the 49ers after that game. Yeah they sucked but they were down 3 top 10 defensive players, down to 2nd and 3rd string players in other defensive positions and and had 3 absolutely soul destroying balls dropped in critical situations before the game got away from them. My problem with the 49ers receiveing corp is that they claim they are all #1 receivers. My eyes tell me otherwise and my gut says that if you say you have 4 #1 receivers then you almost certainly have none. I'd trade all 4 of them for D. Thomas in a heartbeat.

Also, the only time the 49er offense looked good was when Roman wasn't calling the plays. This guy is a joke (and I say this every week). Running game is total crap as well. We had like a one or two game stretch of above average running but been hot garbage otherwise.

Purdy

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2369480/lolrams.0.gif[/img

[img]http://packerperspective.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/omgrod-0.gif?w=580[/img

I don't care if the second one didn't count. Shit was ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Devastating the Rodgers one didn't count, such an amazing play, christ I wish we had him

firen

Not too worried about the 49ers after that game. Yeah they sucked but they were down 3 top 10 defensive players, down to 2nd and 3rd string players in other defensive positions and and had 3 absolutely soul destroying balls dropped in critical situations before the game got away from them. My problem with the 49ers receiveing corp is that they claim they are all #1 receivers. My eyes tell me otherwise and my gut says that if you say you have 4 #1 receivers then you almost certainly have none. I'd trade all 4 of them for D. Thomas in a heartbeat.

Also, the only time the 49er offense looked good was when Roman wasn't calling the plays. This guy is a joke (and I say this every week). Running game is total crap as well. We had like a one or two game stretch of above average running but been hot garbage otherwise.

As great as D. Thomas is, it's Peyton that makes him look so good. Additionally, Roman is really not as bad as people say. He generally runs good schemes but sometimes the execution is not always there.

I think Niners will be alright.

Niners feature back is 31 years old.

Godslay

Banned
Good game Niner's fans.I know that feeling to be beat up injury wise and lose. Sucks.

trash game was trash. didn't expect my boy borland would match wits with peypey but i was hoping it wouldn't be a blowout. only people who showed up was stevie johnson and kap, although kap should've had a couple more TD's (missed throw to lloyd, boldin drops a walk in).

not too concerned about the game. just take the bye week to get as healthy as possible. wouldn't mind keeping pwill out another few weeks though. we need him for the stretch run!

I was going to let you walk since the Eagles fan welched on you, but I just slapped a 509 on this.

681piih.jpg

offtopic

lolrams.0.gif

omgrod-0.gif

I don't care if the second one didn't count. Shit was ridiculous.

That punt return #1. Kaep TD pass to Boldin last week #2. First one just brings a tear to my eye for how ingenious it was. The second was just something I've never seen another QB capable of doing and it exposed what was wrong with the analysis of all Kaep haters. The Rodgers non-play was great as well but it was his jinking around without ever taking his eyes off his receivers that made it great. He did get to step into that throw so, while great, wasn't inhuman.

bigosc2k

Banned
Glad my manager is on her honeymoon for another 2 weeks so I don't have to deal with her lol, but I do feel sorry her husband since he has to hear her gloat about it lol, he's taking one for the team.

offtopic

Niners feature back is 31 years old.

Exactly. And yet the idiot brigade insists they are a running team. My favorite part is after they struggle and they come out of the woodwork and insist that despite Gore running for like 15yds on 10plays they should stick with the run. SMH.

Tabris

I was going to let you walk since the Eagles fan welched on you, but I just slapped a 509 on this.

681piih.jpg

I don't get what this is supposed to be.

EDIT - A better punishment would have been to use my avatar so people think FMT is Tabris in other threads.

brentech

That punt return #1. Kaep TD pass to Boldin last week #2. First one just brings a tear to my eye for how ingenious it was. The second was just something I've never seen another QB capable of doing and it exposed what was wrong with the analysis of all Kaep haters. The Rodgers non-play was great as well but it was his jinking around without ever taking his eyes off his receivers that made it great. He did get to step into that throw so, while great, wasn't inhuman.

how much football do you even watch?

Godslay

Banned
I do have to give it up to most of the 9ers fans on here. They were pretty realistic about how their team would fare given the injuries they have. Sucks we couldn't meet with both teams being fully healthy.

bigosc2k

Banned
I do have to give it up to most of the 9ers fans on here. They were pretty realistic about how their team would fare given the injuries they have. Sucks we couldn't meet with both teams being fully healthy.

Injuries are part of the game, it takes a miracle for a team to go a whole season without some kind of injury.

i don't know that the ultimate outcome would've been any different but the game would've been closer and more entertaining for the good folks of NFL-age

brentech

Don't go to the "are you 10yrs old?" of sports gaf? Be better than that. Have those .gifs yet? :)

NFL Rewind not available to the day after. That's why I said "tomorrow"

The thing is, you bring up these plays that many other QBs make. You act like plays are pedestrian by your receivers that clearly weren't good balls. It's absurd to be that in love with what Kap showed tonight.
I'm not saying Boldins drops weren't huge, but he definitely made some plays that should have been picked or had not reason being caught. he plays against his defenders really well

offtopic

Injuries are part of the game, it takes a miracle for a team to go a whole season without some kind of injury.

Of course but the current 49ers defensive starting 11 isn't going to be even remotely similar to what, hopefully, they'll have back by the playoffs. Maybe 4 of the current players would start and 3 of the players back are top 10 NFL defenders (smith, willis, bowman). This isn't a typical amount of injuries at all.

Of course but the current 49ers defensive starting 11 isn't going to be even remotely similar to what, hopefully, they'll have back by the playoffs. Maybe 4 of the current players would start and 3 of the players back are top 10 NFL defenders (smith, willis, bowman). This isn't a typical amount of injuries at all.
Haven't the Niners had historically great injury luck the past few years? Law of averages says they're pretty much boned.

Top Bottom