• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
teP5gcI.png

Darnell Dockett rules

the smiley face makes it.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
NFL Rewind not available to the day after. That's why I said "tomorrow"

The thing is, you bring up these plays that many other QBs make. You act like plays are pedestrian by your receivers that clearly weren't good balls. It's absurd to be that in love with what Kap showed tonight.
I'm not saying Boldins drops weren't huge, but he definitely made some plays that should have been picked or had not reason being caught. he plays against his defenders really well

What other QBs make that play? Young and Dilfer probably out-qualify you and both said he is the only one that could make it. I'm also old and have watched a lot of football and was a huge fan of Montana and Young and went to many of their games and I haven't seen anything like that either.

Boldin's drops were game-changing and the ones he did catch were a mixture between easy and good. At no point did I think he "bailed out" anybody - he should make good catches. He also shouldn't drop 3rd downs (which is basically a turnover) or touchdowns. Also, don't be an idiot making offensive PI when it wasn't needed to score the TD.

offtopic

Haven't the Niners had historically great injury luck the past few years? Law of averages says they're pretty much boned.

Not really...been pretty average injury wise. This current batch though is completely crippling when added to an offensive line that can't protect and a running game that can't run. But everything is Kaep's fault of course.

Godslay

Banned
I have officially retired the Petetar. It was a good luck charm and got us past the 9ers. Now I release it's power back into the wilderness.

Injuries are part of the game, it takes a miracle for a team to go a whole season without some kind of injury.

i don't know that the ultimate outcome would've been any different but the game would've been closer and more entertaining for the good folks of NFL-age

I like to win in the fashion we did, so I can't complain. It still would have been nice to see a full strength 9ers team to see how we stack up against one another.

Good thing is the season isn't over, and really you aren't sitting in a bad spot in your division. AZ could very well slip.

What other QBs make that play? Young and Dilfer probably out-qualify you and both said he is the only one that could make it. I'm also old and have watched a lot of football and was a huge fan of Montana and Young and went to many of their games and I haven't seen anything like that either.

Boldin's drops were game-changing and the ones he did catch were a mixture between easy and good. At no point did I think he "bailed out" anybody - he should make good catches. He also shouldn't drop 3rd downs (which is basically a turnover) or touchdowns. Also, don't be an idiot making offensive PI when it wasn't needed to score the TD.

Trent Dilfer was singing the praises of Mark Sanchez and saying he would be a franchise QB. Why is his opinion on a quarterback all of a sudden the gold standard?

offtopic

Trent Dilfer was singing the praises of Mark Sanchez and saying he would be a franchise QB. Why is his opinion on a quarterback all of a sudden the gold standard?

He wasn't giving his opinion of a quarterback. He was giving his opinion on a single freakish play. Those are different things and I never said he was a gold standard...just that he and Young might be more qualified to comment on that than most GAF'rs.

He wasn't giving his opinion of a quarterback. He was giving his opinion on a single freakish play. Those are different things and I never said he was a gold standard...just that he and Young might be more qualified to comment on that than most GAF'rs.

Well on the hand, they might be right, on the other hand they are part of the ESPN machine and it's hard to take anybody at that company serious when they proclaim anything as the "BEST/ONLY/EVER" considering they do it all the time. Those kinds of comments have become so throwaway from "analysts" at ESPN.

bigosc2k

Banned
I have officially retired the Petetar. It was a good luck charm and got us past the 9ers. Now I release it's power back into the wilderness.

I like to win in the fashion we did, so I can't complain. It still would have been nice to see a full strength 9ers team to see how we stack up against one another.

Good thing is the season isn't over, and really you aren't sitting in a bad spot in your division. AZ could very well slip.
Can't complain about being 4-3, could be worse, niners could be 3-4 or 2-5 or 1-6 right now.

So you are a joke poster? Is that it? I'm confused here.

No, I'm not Hunter. Even though taking away the poster part of 'joke poster' would be an apt description of him.

Why are you so uptight right now? You're taking this really serious. When have I ever said anything to you with any malicious intent? It's always in jest and was never meant to be taken serious.

Godslay

Banned
Nice Pat Bowlen avatar Godslay!

Thanks. It's a cool looking statue and tribute. Wish I could have seen it when I was back there.

Can't complain about being 4-3, could be worse, niners could be 3-4 or 2-5 or 1-6 right now.

They're still in the hunt. That's all you can ask for at this point.

No, I'm not Hunter. Even though taking away the poster part of 'joke poster' would be an apt description of him.

Why are you so uptight right now? You're taking this really serious. When have I ever said anything to you with any malicious intent? It's always in jest and was never meant to be taken serious.

Just cashing the checks you wrote by talking shit!

It's not about malicious intent, it's nothing beyond football banter. I'm taking it about as serious as that.

offtopic

Well on the hand, they might be right, on the other hand they are part of the ESPN machine and it's hard to take anybody at that company serious when they proclaim anything as the "BEST/ONLY/EVER" considering they do it all the time.

Sure...I pretty much despise ESPN but think that both Young and Dilfer are pretty stand-up guys. I think the week or two before that Kaep made a throw that Troy Aikman just thought was ridiculous. Despite being known for his cannon arm back in the day he said there was zero chance he'd have made the play.

Godslay

Banned
I think I'm going to bed now.

Good Sunday guys!

Don't feel bad The Kaeptain. You're a bit salty with Manning, but I'm sure in real life your a good person.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What a great day. Some quotes/tweets from various players:

"Matthew Stafford adds to his NFL Films legacy. He was mic'd up for this game. Asked him about it after: "They should be paying me."

Stafford tied Bobby Layne for most career TD passes in Lions history with 118.

Matthew Stafford, who made a TD-saving tackle on his last INT, said he last played defense in 8th grade when he was a free safety

Golden Tate's 10 catches and 154 yards were both career highs. #Lions

Correction: Brees was 2-of-10 for 7 yards with an interception the last two drives. Still pretty good by #Lions D.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/10/19/6971595/lions-notes-saints-2014

What a game by the whole team. And pretty much all playoff contenders except the Packers and Cardinals lost today. Our defensive line is going to beat down the Falcons offensive line.

Sean Payton is a bitter douche. After the game Joique Bell went up to shake his hands because he was on the Saints squad a few years back and Payton shrugged him off. Plus his butthurt postgame interviews.

We beat a good team today and you can see in the postgame interviews the chemistry this team has.

And how about Matthew Stafford? Kept his composure throughout the whole game despite a bad offensive line performance and running game. You never see the guy lose his temper or yell at teammates. That Jordan Thompson INT felt like the game was over. Our D got us the ball back and Stafford handled business. And he vanquised the Saints who as I reminded you were the first team he played in the NFL and his first playoff game. And he happens to tie Bobby Laynes all time TD record in this game. This was all foretold.

If you're not on the Lions and Stafford bandwagon yet, your loss. This team has Superbowl potential.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
you're good people, Kas

You as well Greg. As of right now the top three teams in the NFC are the Cowboys, Packers, Lions in whatever order can be debated. It's going to be a tough battle for the NFC North crown.

Nice seeing the Bears implode.

You can see the chemistry this Detroit team has. Coach Caldwell and the staff have brought this team together in a way I've never seen. You can hear it in Grover Quins post game interview with Sal Palantonio.

Vine - Celebration after the Grover Quin INT

Saints aren't a good team

Yes they are. They still have Drew Brees at QB and Sean Payton one of the best coaches in the league (albeit a douchebag). We were the better team.

I honestly think the Saints will finish with a winning record. Maybe make the playoffs. I hope we can beat the Falcons next week though. I would like to head into the bye week 6-2 instead of 5-3 plus it will give us that elusive three game winning streak. I also think the Saints are gonna beat the Packers cause they're at home which they're another monster.

Talon

I honestly think the Saints will finish with a winning record. Maybe make the playoffs. I hope we can beat the Falcons next week though. I would like to head into the bye week 6-2 instead of 5-3 plus it will give us that elusive three game winning streak.
You are guaranteed to win that game.

Yeah, I'm not too sure what to make of Atlanta. They look like a total mess right now, especially after seeing what happened in Baltimore today.

Reminds me that I've been meaning to ask if that Stafford winning % vs teams with winning records is for when the game is played or adjusted at the end of the season.

I'm curious myself.

I'm also curious what the excuse is going to be from Valenti on his 97.1 show tomorrow afternoon. He's been saying he won't give this team any credit defensively until Week 12 (@NE) and I'm sure he'll bitch about it not being a blowout.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You are guaranteed to win that game.

Nothing is guaranteed but our defensive line vs. the Falcons offensive line certainly gives me confidence.

Hope we get some firepower back with either Eric Ebron or Joe Fauria.

I was not happy with the playcalling early in the game. I felt we should've used Bell more instead of Bush, and when we did our running game improved. Bush ankle still isn't fully healed and he runs around like he's Barry Sanders. The defense spent way to much time on the field but still handled business.

And I think we'll be seeing the end of Robbie Sims at LG. Travis Swanson (3rd round pick Arkansas) had reps and late in the game. Put the rookie in.

Top Bottom