• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Doomsayer

Was going to make a similar post. Sports team fanatics aren't that different from console fanboys.

I disagree, to an extent.

At least with sports there is literal competition as in a final score and one team wins and one loses.

How does one "win" a console war? You fucking don't, as a matter of fact, EVERYONE loses console wars.

As a Jaguars/Sega Fanboy both sides just make me sad...

This is depressing.

zychi

Banned
wat? i could just press the X button, and my friends menu was right there. it didn't take me to an entirely new app to see my friends online. i haven't played my xbox 360 online in maybe a year so if they changed that too i don't know but it didn't used to be that way

hit the same button on your one controller, click the friends "app" with the two square button, tell it to snap.

same number of steps, doesn't block your game.

even easier way(which i dont use cuz i dont use my kinect) "xbox snap friends"

e: ps4 makes you do the same thing! you have to hit the ps button, and open up a whole new app to view your friends?

Bread

Banned
hit the same button on your one controller, click the friends "app" with the two square button, tell it to snap.

same number of steps, doesn't block your game.

even easier way(which i dont use cuz i dont use my kinect) "xbox snap friends"
You can bring up the snap menu with the double click of the Xbox button

ShaneB

As a Jaguars/Sega Fanboy both sides just make me sad...

=( You need a hug.

I disagree, to an extent.

At least with sports there is literal competition as in a final score and one team wins and one loses.

How does one "win" a console war? You fucking don't, as a matter of fact, EVERYONE loses console wars.

I just mean it's just similar in the sense that you pick a team, and you go crazy defending that team, etc etc. Certainly over the history of sports, there have been some crazy fucking stories of sports fans gone too far. Of course it's a reach to say they're similar, but I'm just saying fans of each often go too far.

I think football fanatics are more likely to be gun wielding gang bangers, we got guys in here wielding keyboards.

What he said. In most cases it can be worse.

Man this weather is getting fierce, hope I don't get a random power outage to miss the sports action tonight.

Doomsayer

=( You need a hug.
I just mean it's just similar in the sense that you pick a team, and you go crazy defending that team, etc etc. Certainly over the history of sports, there have been some crazy fucking stories of sports fans gone too far. Of course it's a reach to say they're similar, but I'm just saying fans of each often go too far.

What he said. In most cases it can be worse.

Man this weather is getting fierce, hope I don't get a random power outage to miss the sports action tonight.

I get what you're saying. It's kind of why I said "to an extent", most of the time people do take it too far. Look at California sports teams. It pains me to say it because I live her and support teams in CA, but these people are idiots. It really isn't that serious.

zychi

Banned
So the you'd agree that the Master Chief Collection isn't an exclusive then? Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

TLOU was already setup to be in HD by ND. Half the shit they promo'd for ps3 was their BS marketing using better assets like they did with the Uncharted's.

MCC is a rebuilt version of halo 1-4 in one gmae, made not by the original developers(and missing the best halo too :()

TLOU was already setup to be in HD by ND. Half the shit they promo'd for ps3 was their BS marketing using better assets like they did with the Uncharted's.

MCC is a rebuilt version of halo 1-4 in one gmae, made not by the original developers(and missing the best halo too :()

lulz

:jnc

I don't even care really as I think Sunset Overdrive is the more exciting release for Xbox One this holiday season (which I'll be buying at the end of the month) but I wanted to see how far the goal posts would be moved and you didn't disappoint.

ShaneB

I get what you're saying. It's kind of why I said "to an extent", most of the time people do take it too far. Look at California sports teams. It pains me to say it because I live her and support teams in CA, but these people are idiots. It really isn't that serious.

I understand having that passion, but any instance of fandom going too far just makes me shake my head.

But sports and video games aren't like that! Maybe for gaming side and the squickens of the world it is I guess.

Bah!

Everybody is rooting for the Chiefs this weekend. Wooooooo!!!

Woooooooooo. I think it will be a damn close game.

So the you'd agree that the Master Chief Collection isn't an exclusive then? Just want to make sure we're on the same page.
We are. I am very excited for it but it is still a last Gen remake. Obviously they ate putting a lot more into then ND did for tlou but it isn't really a next Gen game. It is just funny to see someone Nash the xb1s lineup when they only bought one ps4 exclusive.

Godslay

Banned
I know this is a gaming forum, but I guess I stopped caring along time ago about sales/power/resolution etc. I'll own all these stupid boxes at some point, and I don't really care how many mouthbreathing Gamestop lurkers bought one.

Just put good games on them, and make the online stable.

Dragon

Banned
ditto. i like my xbone. i enjoyed the two ps4s ive bought and sold. LOVE my ps3. but the ps4 just has nothing I want until Uncharted. I bought it for MGS5, and since it's coming to PC. No need for the ps4.

You've bought and sold two PS4s in a year? Wat.

MGS5 is coming to XB1 too, you're all over the place dude lol.

Fox318

This pregame talk is exactly why I would never want cower as coach.

Dude is talking about how they need to run the ball more. Hey genius... They stack the box and go single safety every time and Johnson hasn't been great combined with bad line play.

Wrs need to make catches .

eznark

Banned
This pregame talk is exactly why I would never want cower as coach.

Dude is talking about how they need to run the ball more. Hey genius... They stack the box and go single safety every time and Johnson hasn't been great combined with bad line play.

Wrs need to make catches .

lol like he comes up with his own talking points. He shows up to the studio at 6 pm and his opinions are told to him. Then he collects a pay check.

zychi

Banned
You've bought and sold two PS4s in a year? Wat.

MGS5 is coming to XB1 too, you're all over the place dude lol.
Again, I'm a PC+Nintendo gamer usually.

Bought it at release for MGSV hype and NBA 2k14(wasn't same on PC). Didn't like the triggers for COD, was underwhelmed by everything Sony did.

Rebought it for TLOUR and MGSGZ for a discount off a buddy who needed money. Sold it back to him for the same price once he was back together.

Kojima announced MGSV for Steam, no need for ps4 until Uncharted(MGS is meant to be played on Sony, I've been with MG since PS1)

Bought Xbone for Halo MCC the day it was announced. Grabbed my sports games for it too.

Top Bottom