• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

RBH

Tom Brady was almost drafted by the NY Jets in 2000:

It was late in the 2000 draft, many rounds after the New York Jets selected Chad Pennington with the third of their record four first-round picks, when one veteran scout in their draft room had such a conviction on a player he nearly stood on a table shouting his name to general manager Bill Parcells.

A skinny quarterback from Michigan, so slow that his 40-yard dash at the combine could have been timed with an hourglass, was still on the board in the sixth round. The Jets scout, responsible for the Midwest, wanted him badly. He made it clear to Parcells.

“Tom Brady,” the scout said.

This comes to the Daily News courtesy of a source who was in the Jets’ draft room that day back at their old headquarters at Hofstra. The scout was Jesse Kaye, well-respected in the organization.

Even though the Jets had already invested the 18th overall pick on Pennington, the first quarterback they had taken in the first round since Ken O’Brien in 1983, the source said Kaye loved Brady, who had thrown for 369 yards and four touchdowns in a 35-34 overtime victory over Alabama in the Orange Bowl in the final game of his college career, but was unable to persuade Parcells — despite the scout’s deep conviction that Brady was going to be an excellent player — to take him.

When the Jets turned in their card in the sixth round with the 179th pick, they took North Carolina State defensive back Tony Scott. Twenty picks later, using a supplemental sixth-round draft choice, the Patriots selected Brady.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...tory-tom-brady-drafted-jets-article-1.1975792

JABEE

I didn't realize that everyone is shitting on Gata's Pony avatar until I was looking for a quick imgur avatar quote to respond to Gata's "football" post on my phone. The Black Culture thread was calling out Gata's pony fandom.

I thought this was just a thing in here.

Top Bottom