• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Greg

My Achilles is feeling fucked after basketball last week.

I am shutting it down for a month because the only thing I am more terrified of than Gata marrying my daughter is tearing my Achilles.

I wonder if I can still crank it playing ping pong on a bad wheel. Your thoughts?
most of my smashes you will never have a chance to reach regardless, so a bad wheel is ok

I wish you a speedy recovery though - injuries are the worst

Godslay

Banned
It's probably more than 90% of people in the US earn but I was just trying to say it doesn't equal rich like it did in the 80s.

Well off but not ballin.

I get it. 100K in 1980 would be 300K in today's dollars.

That being said, my dollar goes farther in say Fargo, then it does in Minneapolis, or even further then Chicago/NY/LA.

thespot84

General football question... Figured I'd ask here.

Intentional grounding requires that the thrower be inside of the pocket. So, a QB could run backwards 30 yards, have an immenant threat of a loss, step outside the pocket and spike it to move the ball back to the line of scrimmage. How does that make sense? What's the thinking behind requiring the wb to be in the pocket? Can't make sense of it.

bionic77

most of my smashes you will never have a chance to reach regardless, so a bad wheel is ok

I wish you a speedy recovery though - injuries are the worst
You forgot I am tall and while you have to use your hops to get up high enough to smash the ball I can do the same thing by simply standing up.

And yes injuries are the worst. Part of getting old. :(

Bsigg12

Intentional grounding requires that the thrower be inside of the pocket. So, a QB could run backwards 30 yards, have an immenant threat of a loss, step outside the pocket and spike it to move the ball back to the line of scrimmage. How does that make sense? What's the thinking behind requiring the wb to be in the pocket? Can't make sense of it.

The throw has to pass the line of scrimmage even if you're out of the pocket.

Kacar

Distance of pass would have to pass the original line of scrimmage.

Greg

You forgot I am tall and while you have to use your hops to get up high enough to smash the ball I can do the same thing by simply standing up.

And yes injuries are the worst. Part of getting old. :(
damn talls

you will come back stronger than ever

Tamanon

Banned

Can't just spike it, has to also go past the line of scrimmage.

Top Bottom