• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

JABEE

General football question... Figured I'd ask here.

Intentional grounding requires that the thrower be inside of the pocket. So, a QB could run backwards 30 yards, have an immenant threat of a loss, step outside the pocket and spike it to move the ball back to the line of scrimmage. How does that make sense? What's the thinking behind requiring the wb to be in the pocket? Can't make sense of it.
The QB has to either throw it out of bounds or throw the ball back to the line of scrimmage. You can't just spike it.

thespot84

The QB has to either throw it out of bounds or throw the ball back to the line of scrimmage. You can't just spike it.

So he can throw it out of bounds but still behind the line of scrimmage? Still seems cheap. I don't see why being out of the pocket is special, that's what I'm getting at.

cdyhybrid

Remember when we couldn't stop Rivers and Gates and our season was over in Week 2?

Welcome to party Broncos, who will you draft #2 overall?

So he can throw it out of bounds but still behind the line of scrimmage? Still seems cheap. I don't see why being out of the pocket is special, that's what I'm getting at.
Or you could look at it like, why should there be any penalty for an incomplete pass? I think the current rule is very appropriate.

eznark

Banned
B0rZ-UaIUAAEpC2.jpg:large

Godslay

Banned
Remember when we couldn't stop Rivers and Gates and our season was over in Week 2?

Welcome to party Broncos, who will you draft #2 overall?

Gates is good no doubt, but Ward isn't the best matchup there for him. Roby's been surprisingly good against TE's and he's athletic enough to get up with Gates on a jump ball.

Problem is most guys aren't going to stop Gates there anyways.

Top Bottom