• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

Are the cards really this good? Probably not...

But!

They are close!

For purely selfish reasons, I have to say that my family and I have been season ticket holders for the cardinals for 12 years. We have stuck with it, seen an enormous amount of great football (despite it mostly not being in our favor), but have held true and have worked our way up to some very quality tickets that end up making the NFL season exceptionally great despite how our team plays. I miss very few games, although I did sell my tickets to eagles fans for 3x face value as I cannot stand eagles fans. It was a double win for me..

Anyways... To the Cardinals

-They can stop the run, as that is the defensive focus. The red curtain can stop the run. Plain and simple. There is no excuse, they have faced some of the best running backs in the league and have held up. It is obvious every defensive game plan is to make the opposition's offense one dimensional, and it has worked in all but one game.

-The pass yards the defense allows is deceptive. They allow pass yards, but that is the only option the opposing team has. Payton has already exposed this defense--if they have WR's that can outmuscle peterson, Cromartie, and the amazing safeties (including their LB's that can play as safeties), then it is going to be a rough game for the cards.

Dez should of had an amazing game today, but I think a lot of that was the dallas QB more than anything (i do not think much of peterson for what its worth). Regardless, the secondary stopped any big play from a receiver at least 5'9'' tall and did it consistently. Garbage time TD's do not count in anything but fantasy.

-This offense has not hit it's stride yet. The cardinals offense is meant to be explosive although nothing has synced quite yet. I see Palmer capable of delivering 100+ yards to Floyd, John Brown, and Fitz in the same game. Palmer is managing the game well but they are no where near their potential. I am a bit worried about Floyd, but with the distribution being what it is, I cannot complain. Floyd will have his 150+ 2td game at some point and it will be against a division rival that plays zone...

There is every excuse in the book to say the cardinals are not the real deal... But this cardinal team has some of the best in-game adjustments in the league. Their coaching staff is numerous and effective. I have very little doubt that the cardinals deserve their 7-1 record. They have beaten quality teams, owned the NFC east, and got exposed against one of the best teams in the NFL.

I predict a 11-4 record, as the divisional games are going to be tough on the road and I could see the cardinals giving up a close game to (gasp) Detroit or the falcons on the road. Divisional games are a toss up, each one will come down to the wire. An especially good amount of luck will be required to win any NFC west game on the road.

I am putting my deposit on playoff tickets tomorrow.

Thank you steve keim and bruce arians. I would thank bidwell jr but it is difficult to recognize any bidwell quite yet.

Don't flame me NFL gaf, as you can see I am not a regular participant nor am I going to be in the future, but I am an informed fan outside of the group and I welcome the challenge!

GO CARDS!

These two gams for Ben are the best 2 consecutive games of any QB in NFL history, correct?

Glad this national television audience can see the kind of thuggery that exist in the AFC north.

THE PASSION ON THESE KICKS

I loved that the holder and kicker for PIT were roughing up some CB who looked like he was 9.

Well it's the most TD passes thrown in a 2 game span, that much we can say. And the dude who has him in my fantasy league sat him both times, EL OH EL.

My dad has him in my Fantasy League and sat him for both games as well. In favor of Nick foles. Twice. But he won both games so w/e.

Really would love it if Flacco threw a TD here ... I should definitely lose in FF but if he gave me another TD it'd be like 65 / 35 for me to lose, instead of ... 85/15.

Top Bottom