• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

MRSA

Banned
It's really a problem for linemen that have to stay in weight to keep their jobs and play football.

It's hard to get out of those eating habits when you retire. You have to lose the weight. Playing line in the NFL is dangerous for many reasons.

My friend's dad is a retired lineman he dropped a lot of weight. He's probably around 230lbs now compared to his start of season weight of 280-290. He also played with a bad heart.

I don't feel overly confident about the cards game but there are somethings I feel ok to good about. The first being our run game and Murray. The blitzing is a major concern I have no clue why we didn't work out of more two te sets to help Romo. The awful play calling and abandoning the run game did not help. I still believe once the oline gets working and Murray is being fed there isn't a whole that can stop them. The line is going to have to really hold strong with the blitz. I think if they can do that and Romo hits some quick passes Williams or Dez on a slant or Murray on a screen and really burn them they may back off. Dallas has to keep a balanced run, pass game and Murray needs to be fed.

This game will definitely be a story of the lines and likely whoever wins between our D line and your O line wins the game. I admire what you guys have done taking an OL in the first round or so the past few years to build it up. Cards fans have been screaming to do that for years, especially after the Niners did it so successfully but we never went that way. Thank god we got Veldheer in FA and Cooper should hopefully be a stud in the end. Anyway, I digress, I respect your OL and Murray (who's been killing it for me in fantasy ;p). I'm also really confident in our Run D and if we do what we've done all season, Murray won't have much success and I think that will translate to a Cards victory. We've already been tested by some very good RBs in McCoy and Morris with some other good ones in Ryan Mathews, Frank Gore, McFadden, etc. So bring it on, Murray! I actually want you to run a lot, there's a reason teams abandon it against us. Hopefully Peterson will be a go and prevent Dez from having a big game. Regardless, I think our blitz style D will give Dallas fits after what I saw last night and all the more so with Romo having an injured back, he doesn't want to risk getting hit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
tempGN6_7455--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fox just remember it cannot get worse than Matt Millen. It'll get better especially since you're in the New York market.

Look at the 2008 Lions and how fast we became Superbowl contenders.

Fox318

Fox just remember it cannot get worse than Matt Millen. It'll get better especially since you're in the New York market.

Look at the 2008 Lions and how fast we became Superbowl contenders.
New York Media is the problem.

No team can rebuild with a fanbase and press that want to drag your team down in the mud and make money off selling its body parts.

jUWIGCj.jpg

JABEE

The sad thing is that McCoy was having a pretty great day against the great Arizona run defense. They just went too much by the book. I guess it's not Chip's fault that Foles was missing opportunities to exploit Arizona's pass defense, but Shady was having a game with the limited carries he was getting.

I think the Eagles are a better team than the Cowboys if Foles is just a game manager and average quarterback for the rest of the season. Hopefully he returns to being comfortable in the pocket now that his All-Pro caliber Center and Left Guard are coming back in the over the next two games.

Zeke

The sad thing is that McCoy was having a pretty great day against the great Arizona run defense. They just went too much by the book. I guess it's not Chip's fault that Foles was missing opportunities to exploit Arizona's pass defense, but Shady was having a game with the limited carries he was getting.

I think the Eagles are a better team than the Cowboys if Foles is just a game manager and average quarterback for the rest of the season. Hopefully he returns to being comfortable in the pocket now that his All-Pro caliber Center and Left Guard are coming back in the over the next two games.
Why did they reel shady back in if he was doing so well? Makes me feel better that shady did well behind a battered line and you guys were able to keep it close. I'm more worried about fitz and brown going off. Really hope the defense can keep cards rushing yards down so we can drop more guys into coverage.

BigAT

New York Media is the problem.

No team can rebuild with a fanbase and press that want to drag your team down in the mud and make money off selling its body parts.

Nailed it. This is why no team in the New York market has won any Super Bowls in the last 20 years.

Fox318

Nailed it. This is why no team in the New York market has won any Super Bowls in the last 20 years.

Having the Jets try to compete in that shadow is tough.

Giants win the Super Bowl? Lets get Brent! Giants win Super Bowl? Lets get Tebow? Mark needs a WR? Lets get Plaxico Burress! Cap room was problem in 2011 because of Revis? Lets not spend any money to patch holes? Last GM traded picks to often? Lets have a GM that has 12 picks and cuts 7 before the first game!

Rex is the perfect coach for this team and for this city. He just needed a QB that could keep his head on the field and off.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
thank god, now people can stop incessantly whining about having a female or minority superhero movie

Farooq

Banned
Hope Romo is alright, if not road to 8-8 begins. Take us to the promise land Weeden, time to make history and be the be the first team to go 8-8 four years in a row.

Any news on Romo's MRI?

Edit: I read Romo woke up with blood in his urine, damn .

So anyone want to take a premier pass rusher off our hands before the trade deadline is up?

I'm sure he's incredibly well-rested. May be limited by hand-cuffs worn around his arms though.

Spinluck

smh

too many fucking superhero movies

I am young, but even I am getting overwhelmed. I would've probably hated Guardians if it didn't take the full on humor route and not give a fuck.

Plus you have the ones from DC coming out, it is going to be played the fuck out, might take a while for them to stop making money though.

Still no Spider-Man :(. He's like the only one I really really like.

Zeke

Hope Romo is alright, if not road to 8-8 begins. Take us to the promise land Weeden, time to make history and be the be the first team to go 8-8 four years in a row.

Any news on Romo's MRI?

Edit: I read Romo woke up with blood in his urine, damn .
Christ where did you read that? Only thing I've heard is Garrett expects Romo to play Sunday and they are doing more tests on his back.

Dragon

Banned
that comparison would make sense if i was talking about the amount of movies being remade, not sure what superhero movies and halo games have to do with each other.

I'm sure there's a plot in a superhero movie about an AI going rogue. Er wait...Age of Ultron huh....whoops. :)

Top Bottom