• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

eznark

Banned
Nothing about your franchise is cool. You're in middle of no where Green Bay Wisconsin, you're the Cheeseheads and Packers. What the hell is a Packer?

o-DETROIT-RUIN-facebook.jpg

Fantomex

that comparison would make sense if i was talking about the amount of movies being remade, not sure what superhero movies and halo games have to do with each other.

There's an over abundance of FPS games every year, and there's like 6 halo games. now being remade. I thought it wasn't a stretch :)

LevelNth

Banned
An NFL regular season game between a Calvin Johnson-less Lions and the craptastic Falcons airing at 930 am pulled in almost equivalent ratings to the World Series.

Yup, the NFL sure took a hit to its image this season.

Trey

An NFL regular season game between a Calvin Johnson-less Lions and the craptastic Falcons airing at 930 am pulled in almost equivalent ratings to the World Series.

Yup, the NFL sure took a hit to its image this season.

Says more about the MLB to be honest.

Nothing about your franchise is cool. You're in middle of no where Green Bay Wisconsin, you're the Cheeseheads and Packers. What the hell is a Packer?

Beautiful rural upstate Wisconsin > urban wasteland Detriot

Cheesehead which symbolizes Wisconsin's prosperous dairy industry > Paper Bag head which symbolizes Detriot fans' everlasting shame

6093120944_586d8c8bae_z.jpg
>>>>>>
Detroit-Lions-Fans.jpg

Farooq

Banned
Christ where did you read that? Only thing I've heard is Garrett expects Romo to play Sunday and they are doing more tests on his back.

Mike Fisher, his source was somebody on the medical staff.

I wouldn't trust Garrett, last year he said Romo was day to day after herniating his disc. That is just the way he is with injuries.

Bread

Banned
There's an over abundance of FPS games every year, and there's like 6 halo games. now being remade. I thought it wasn't a stretch :)
Halo is like the Citizen Cain of games, it's like the Godfather 3. It's like if Sophie Francis Coppola and Scarface had a butt baby.

Dragon

Banned
Halo is like the Citizen Cain of games, it's like the Godfather 3. It's like if Sophie Francis Coppola and Scarface had a butt baby.

First of all Godfather 3 is the worst one.
Second of all, it's Citizen Kane.

Bread, it's okay to like the games but :jnc at the hyperbole!

gutshot

I just don't understand why people keep wanting to see the same type of movies over and over again? Doesn't fatigue set in at some point?

Oh well, at least we still have Nolan making big-budget, original films. Hyped for Interstellar next weekend.

Fucking nervous about this Sunday vs the Broncos, If the Pats lose this game we might not get a first round bye*

*I have to get up at 6:30 on monday, so I won't even be able to watch this goddamn game D:

TheFatOne

Fucking nervous about this Sunday vs the Broncos, If the Pats lose this game we might not get a first round bye*

*I have to get up at 6:30 on monday, so I won't even be able to watch this goddamn game D:

Too many good teams on the schedule for the Pats to get the first round bye. I just want them to make it to the playoffs, and relatively healthy. Should be a great game. Generally Manning vs Brady in the regular season is almost always a good game.

Too many good teams on the schedule for the Pats to get the first round bye. I just want them to make it to the playoffs, and relatively healthy. Should be a great game. Generally Manning vs Brady in the regular season is almost always a good game.

I was only joking about the bye haha

Winning the division is priority number 1 and keeping Gronk/Tom/Revis healthy is number 2.

I wish I could watch the game, but I just can't do it without feeling bad about myself :(

BigAT

Having the Jets try to compete in that shadow is tough.

Giants win the Super Bowl? Lets get Brent! Giants win Super Bowl? Lets get Tebow? Mark needs a WR? Lets get Plaxico Burress! Cap room was problem in 2011 because of Revis? Lets not spend any money to patch holes? Last GM traded picks to often? Lets have a GM that has 12 picks and cuts 7 before the first game!

Rex is the perfect coach for this team and for this city. He just needed a QB that could keep his head on the field and off.

Are you really going to sit here and pretend that all of that isn't self-inflicted incompetence? Woody cares more about attention and selling jerseys than he does about winning, so he runs his team like a circus. That's on him, not the New York media. The Giants would have never done something so ridiculous as trading for Favre or Tim Tebow and it's not by accident. The Giants managed to somehow rebuild from a 4-12 season with no quarterbacks on their roster into a 2-time Super Bowl champion team IN THE SHADOW OF THE NEW YORK MEDIA and without making complete asses of themselves.

I'm real tired of Jets fans that think Rich Cimini is the reason they aren't winning Super Bowls every year.

Zeke

Mike Fisher, his source was somebody on the medical staff.

I wouldn't trust Garrett, last year he said Romo was day to day after herniating his disc. That is just the way he is with injuries.
I know but it's been too quiet and that only thing I've read so far. Bye week can't get here fast enough. On the bright spot we finally get to see Demarcus in a real game! I just wish it was Demarcus Ware.

UberTag

Can we start up another survival league now?
I just tried and Yahoo won't let me
Seems kind of silly they won't let you start up a new one mid-season. Especially seeing how they'll accommodate extending a league into the playoffs.
Not that I mind the OP each week linking people to my victory but a new Survival league would be more fun.
What about ESPN or another network that isn't Yahoo!?

BigAT

http://www.amandaflynn.com/blog/files/kurt_warner.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

They signed him to a small free agent contract where his role was clearly just to hold the reins until the quarterback in waiting was ready. They gave up no compensation for him.

Are you trying to say this was a move made purely to generate attention for the team? They needed a veteran quarterback to start the year, I'm not sure what you think the alternative move should have been.

eznark

Banned
They signed him to a small free agent contract where his role was clearly just to hold the reins until the quarterback in waiting was ready. They gave up no compensation for him.

Are you trying to say this was a move made purely to generate attention for the team? They needed a veteran quarterback to start the year, I'm not sure what you think the alternative move should have been.

You think the Jets traded a 4th for Favre just for attention? Coming off his fantastic 2007 campaign to get him for a 4th is a steal. It was a smart football move. Hardly one worth shitting on. He was a fuckload better than Warner was the two years before the Giants signed him.

Jets needed a veteran QB as well as that team was maturing into a good squad (I think they went from 4 to 9 wins in 08?). Smart move. If he hadn't gotten hurt 2008 would've been the best Jets team in our lifetime.

Instead they got Sanchize and the world was better for it.

My point is that the moves were essentially identical, done for identical purposes, but it worked out better for the Jets.

JABEE

Albert Breer said:
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett says no results back on Tony Romo's back yet. On deciding on if he can play, "It's a medical decision."

Albert Breer said:
More from Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on Tony Romo's back, "It appears to be a separate injury, not related to what he had last year."

Top Bottom