• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll risk it! For me it's Browns over everything.
If I was forced to only have one forever I'd take Browns over Ohio State, Cavs, and everything!
Hahahahahha!
*calms down
Spread your love around more: We got Bluejackets, Crew, Reds, Indians, Bearcats, Musketeers. Us Ohioians got to stick together!

Fox318

Honestly not shocked by the wrasslegaf situation

If it was up to me it would just be me and DM questioning if everything was a shoot or a work non-stop.

MechDX

For romeo to retire you mean

Exactly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some reshuffling of coaching positions and titles soon.

The Niners DC job, as already mentioned will be hard as is with Chips offense. Why would a rookie DC want that? It's his make or break time.

I rarely post in Wrassle-GAF anymore DM. It's gone down hill a lot. Too many gimmick posters lord over the community. This is for the best. What Wrassle-GAF needed was A LETHAL DOSE OF POISON.

I could not agree more. There are some real cool people there (most of those also post here), but often times the same few people make the thread all about themselves and detour the thread into ridiculous places.

Fox318

What's the difference between a shoot and a work
It's old carnival talk that influenced wrestling.

Shoot = real
Work = fake.

But the way in which wrestlers use their own secret language and their beyond bizarre logic is honestly the most interesting thing about wrestling.

For as much as Bionic and I may joke about things like Tebow being a god or Tebow secretly funding the downfall of America with wrestlers there is a history of these people actually believing that.

It's endlessly hilarious and interesting.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I rarely post in Wrassle-GAF anymore DM. It's gone down hill a lot. Too many gimmick posters lord over the community. This is for the best. What Wrassle-GAF needed was A LETHAL DOSE OF POISON.

I could not agree more. There are some real cool people there (most of those also post here), but often times the same few people make the thread all about themselves and detour the thread into ridiculous places.

I can't tell if you're actually talking about the NFL Offseason thread or not.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damn, that's kind of embarrassing for Chip to have Vrabel turn down his DC position. Not that surprising though, considering how much of a burden Chip's offense puts on his defense.

I don't know if it's embarrassing, Vrabel may well like his situation in Houston and may want another year or two as a LB coach before he moves up to DC on another team.

I'll say this about Jim Schwartz as DC in Philly. He was a great pick and I always loved the 4-3 defense he ran. I've always been a 4-3 defense guy, but I'm not sure how often he'll run the Wide 9 defense DC Gunther Cunningham ran in Detroit.

The key to the 4-3, or any defense really, starts with the defensive lineman. They don't have the talent Schwartz had with Suh in Detroit or Marcell Dareus in Buffalo. That talent is necessary to get to the QB and cause defensive turnovers, which Schwartz's defenses do, and I don't know if the Eagles have that.

MechDX

Vrabel didn't take the SF job because chip wouldn't allow marshmallows on the field so Vrabels shitty UDFA linebackers could throw them at the opposition.

Hindl

I don't know if it's embarrassing, Vrabel may well like his situation in Houston and may want another year or two as a LB coach before he moves up to DC on another team.

I'll say this about Jim Schwartz as DC in Philly. He was a great pick and I always loved the 4-3 defense he ran. I've always been a 4-3 defense guy, but I'm not sure how often he'll run the Wide 9 defense DC Gunther Cunningham ran in Detroit.

The key to the 4-3, or any defense really, starts with the defensive lineman. They don't have the talent Schwartz had with Suh in Detroit or Marcell Dareus in Buffalo. That talent is necessary to get to the QB and cause defensive turnovers, which Schwartz's defenses do, and I don't know if the Eagles have that.

I think Fletcher Cox will fit that role just fine

RBH

Construction of the downtown stadium that will become home to the Atlanta Falcons and a new professional soccer team won’t be completed in time for a long-planned March 2017 opening.

The new target date for completion of Mercedes-Benz Stadium is June 1, 2017. That would result in the stadium opening in time for the start of the Falcons’ planned first season there. NFL exhibition games are played in August, and the regular season opens in September.

But the delay means Atlanta's new soccer team won’t have use of its home stadium for the first three months of the 2017 season, slated to be Atlanta United’s debut season. MLS teams’ 34-game schedules run from early March until late October.
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/new-falcons-stadium-falls-behind-schedule/np9KJ/

smh

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think Fletcher Cox will fit that role just fine

Yeah, he should and he's certainly a talented young player. Fletcher is more of an interior DT 4-3 defensive lineman which is probably the most important part of the 4-3 (and a defensive end). Going to need one other solid defense.

Chip was running some weird hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense whereas Schwartz runs a classic 4-3, with four down defensive lineman. As it should be, IMO.

When you start asking defensive lineman to drop back into coverage in a 3-4 it's really awkward for someone who has played in a three-point down stance most of their careers.

But Schwartz's defenses will get turnovers if proper pressure is put on the opposing QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom