• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Supposedly all modern cars will run to 200k if properly maintained.

I imagine the only crapshoot is the transmission.
That ain't true at all in my experience.

Some cars are just not reliable. My Bimmer, my sisters Bimmer, cousins Bimmer and and an uncles Bimmer all become money pits once they got close to 100k.

Not all cars are reliable in the long term. And some of them are expensive as fuck to fix when shit goes wrong...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Some cars are just not reliable. My Bimmer, my sisters Bimmer, cousins Bimmer and and an uncles Bimmer all become money pits once they got close to 100k.

Not all cars are reliable in the long term. And some of them are expensive as fuck to fix when shit goes wrong...

I guess I forgot to add the caveat for luxury models.

All those sensors and shit.

So you were the player in school Chris?

Nah I wouldn't say so, I had an avg dating life

Seconded for TrueCar. Got my fiancee's mazda with TrueCar in 2014 and had a great experience. No hassle, got the price we were looking for.

I'll probably use it for my next car... my 2010 Acura TL has 150,000+ miles on it and would love to get a new car after our wedding this year

My 2009 Lexus IS closing on 180K.

Never buying German ever again. If I get another Bimmer or Audi I am going to lease the fuck out of it and just pay whatever penalty I have to when I go over the mileage.

Damn you guys put a ton of miles on your cars,

bionic77

I guess I forgot to add the caveat for luxury models.

All those sensors and shit.
I feel like any high performance car is going to be expensive to take care of in the long term.

Honestly I feel like most German cars are built like shit these days. They used to be tanks but I think the people that buy a Mercedes don't give a fuck about reliability. They are going to exchange it for another after 3 years anyways.

Japanese cars are boring but at least they work as long as you want them to...

I'm sure it's been discussed already but... and to get back on topic anyways...
12493566_896093910505554_7907311657548399854_o.jpg

979.gif

So pumped to have my team back home. If we can fix up the QB situation and maybe find a couple of targets to throw to the LA Rams will win the NFC West this year.

12540965_897507677030844_3507056816101859224_n.jpg

Fuck yeah!

Hindl

I feel like any high performance car is going to be expensive to take care of in the long term.

Honestly I feel like most German cars are built like shit these days. They used to be tanks but I think the people that buy a Mercedes don't give a fuck about reliability. They are going to exchange it for another after 3 years anyways.

Japanese cars are boring but at least they work as long as you want them to...

Audi has always been solid in my experience

Probably don't take care of them, most people don't, they assume you can run them to the ground like a toyota or honda. I had a BMW run until 180k before I got into an accident and she was perfect, my current one is at 130k and running strong as well, my friends is 190k and sounds brand new but he does run a BMW repair shop so that's not really fair to consider.

bionic77

Hello friends. The Apocalypse is coming to DC. I have beer and potato chips. I hope I will survive.
Does DC have snow plows again?

When I was there for a blizzard they didn't have any trucks and had to wait until VA and MD were done before they came and cleaned our roads.

Drakeon

[imghttps://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12493566_896093910505554_7907311657548399854_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9[/img]

[imghttp://replygif.net/i/979.gif[/img]

So pumped to have my team back home. If we can fix up the QB situation and maybe find a couple of targets to throw to the LA Rams will win the NFC West this year.

[imghttps://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12540965_897507677030844_3507056816101859224_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=aa638c91a656f7ebf84b6042b7ca2380&oe=5738B10A[/img]

Fuck yeah!

Well, that would require the rest of the NFC West to go 6-10 or worse, because I can tell you Jeff Fisher is definitely going 7-9 next year, like he does every single year. I mean, it required a more talented Rams team to lose to the 49ers on the road this year, but by god they did it. That was after beating a much more talented Seattle team the week before. Jeff Fisher will not be denied his annual 7-9 record tradition.

bionic77

Probably don't take care of them, I had a BMW run until 180k before I got into an accident and she was perfect, my current one is at 130k and running strong as well, my friends is 190k and sounds brand new but he does run a BMW repair shop so that's not really fair to consider.
We all took them to the dealer for scheduled maintenance and no accidents.

Maybe we are just an unlucky family. People I know have had worse luck with Mercedes.

I will say my Bimmer gave me no problems until it got to 90k. My uncle told me to sell it and that it would fall apart soon. He was correct...

I see. Well compared to many GAF users.. You were a player then I would assume.

and me.. I hated high school really

lol compared to them I'm probably closer to a sex god

Edit: I'm sorry to hear that friend, shame we didn't meet in high school we would have had a great time.

We all took them to the dealer for scheduled maintenance and no accidents.

Maybe we are just an unlucky family. People I know have had worse luck with Mercedes.

I will say my Bimmer gave me no problems until it got to 90k. My uncle told me to sell it and that it would fall apart soon. He was correct...

Ah could be, it does happen even with the more reliable cars. My sister had a Honda that was a total POS but my uncle ran a 99 Kia until 210k... Don't get me wrong though BMWs have issues too that you have to keep an eye out for, the E36 has shoddy radiators/coolant systems that needed to be replaced around 100k, the E46 models have bad seals that should be replaced as early as 30k, but all cars have issues like that and they do eventually iron those out with the newer revisions.

I am going to Thailand (mainly going to Koh Sumai probably which is a beach resort island), Tokyo, Hong Kong + Macau, Seoul, Australia, and perhaps China for a year.

Going with my best friend.

Ok, I've done that trip as well and I highly recommend signing up for scuba diving while in Sumai which will take you over to a nearby island called Koh Tao and the first dive spot should be Mango Bay, a place where its beauty transcends what your photo will capture. At least when I went back in 2007 it was. Bring 500 bucks to Thailand and you'll feel like a king, money goes so far there.

Tokyo is amazing for a culinary adventure. I did everything from eating at cheap ramen stands to lucking myself into Jiro's for sushi and tracked down authentic Kobe steak which even in Tokyo is difficult to find (you'll see wagyu all over but Kobe is the best cut of wagyu). Those two meals were 300+ bucks each for just myself so you have a wide berth of amazing options depending on what your budget is. Before people laugh at what I spent for those two meals I'm a foodie so I view them as experiences.

Seoul, track down a Jjimjilbang which is basically a bath house/sauna but the one I went to there had three rooms: a cold room, a hot room and a "hot hot" room. You bounce between them to shock the senses but it feels great and is worth tracking down. Baseball is pretty entertaining there, they have a cheer leader group and some guy that goes nuts to get the crowd going. Their team is the Duhong Bears or something like that. Although I just realized that won't be going on this time of year.

Where are you going in Australia? I'm assuming Sydney, Melbourne, probably Cairns to check out the Great Barrier Reef? If you go up to Cairns, swing over to the Golden Coast (string of 30 beaches along the Eastern shore) and take the train to the Zorbing location. You can google Zorbing but anyway I did that with a buddy and it was so damn fun.

I haven't been to China but in any case I could talk about travel pretty much all day so if you want any recommendations for any of the countries I touched on or have questions shoot me a PM.

ampere

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12493566_896093910505554_7907311657548399854_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9[img]

[img]http://replygif.net/i/979.gif[img]

[img]https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12540965_897507677030844_3507056816101859224_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=aa638c91a656f7ebf84b6042b7ca2380&oe=5738B10A[img]

Fuck yeah![/QUOTE]

Dreams are cute

You aren't winning the NFC West with Arians and Pete coaching in your division, but good luck in the wild card hunt!

Her other cellmate was Kate Beckinsale, that's not that bad of an alternative to Claire Danes :)

But didn't she leave Kate Beckinsale in prison or was it the other way around..

No woman is worth that shit..

lol compared to them I'm probably closer to a sex god

Edit: I'm sorry to hear that friend, shame we didn't meet in high school we would have had a great time.

It's okay friend. I just hated the people there.. Schools are shit here where I live and now work.

*pukes*

Tabris

Thanks for the tips Squall.

Tokyo is amazing for a culinary adventure. I did everything from eating at cheap ramen stands to lucking myself into Jiro's for sushi and tracked down authentic Kobe steak which even in Tokyo is difficult to find (you'll see wagyu all over but Kobe is the best cut of wagyu). Those two meals were 300+ bucks each for just myself so you have a wide berth of amazing options depending on what your budget is. Before people laugh at what I spent for those two meals I'm a foodie so I view them as experiences.

Yeah been to Tokyo already for a while. Going there to actually live for a couple months which will be a different experience.

Yeah definitely know the cost of being a foodie in Japan. Our average bill for restaurants there was over $1000. This dinner cost like $1300:

Spinluck

I changed my oil every 3000-5000ish miles and make sure I'm good on water and coolant, and my car runs fine.

I have a 2002 Civic. I think I'm at 112k miles and plan to keep it a little longer.

I feel pretty safe with these cars right now, and like I said I'm not really a car guy. Maybe when I'm an old I'll go all out. All my friends drive sport and muscle cars right now lol, I'm the boring one.

Yeah been to Tokyo already for a while. Going there to actually live for a couple months which will be a different experience.

Yeah definitely know the cost of being a foodie in Japan. Our average bill for restaurants there was over $1000. This dinner cost like $1300:

lol fucking stupid ass americans paying outrageous prices for that. i'd honestly rather have a shitty $15 steak from outback than pay hundreds of dollars per person for the meal you posted

Spinluck

I can make all of that at home for $30.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
lol fucking stupid ass americans paying outrageous prices for that. i'd honestly rather have a shitty $15 steak from outback than pay hundreds of dollars per person for the meal you posted

I feel like awesome meals top out at like $50 per person. Nothing worse than spending like $300 on a meal that isn't as good as a $50 one. Lots of diminishing returns beyond a price point.

Tabris

It's about the experience, the artistry, the visual, the scent, and the taste. These are also like 3-4 hour dining experiences.

That one was a Keiseki dinner in a private dining room where women in formal kimono outfits (the elaborate ones that take hours to put on) would lead you into it, then serve you through a smaller door. There was a lot of customs and ritual involved with the dining process.

That meat was also from an animal killed that day.

Then you could go to a restaurant like this that has a crazy view:

MechDX

Prime Ed Reed was probably the funnest Safety play I've ever watched.

So sad to hear about his son though.

Texans great Ed Reed.

Fucking bamboozler. Needs to pay the money back he stole.

He was right in his comments on his way out about the coaching staff though.

Oh, nice. Have you tried Fogu yet? (blowfish) that's the one country I trusted surviving the experience. It's not all that flavorful but was interesting to try given it's reputation.

Haha excellent. Do you plan on going outside Tokyo at all? Kyoto has this place that serves burnt ramen where the broth is charred and has a grilled flavor. It was pretty tasty and interesting. If you go there early spring you can check out Sakura Blossoms which are beautiful to see in person. There's a nice collection of them just outside the Imperial Palace. There's a steak restaurant in Tokyo that only accepts reservations the first day of each month that's supposed to be fantastic. I wasn't fortunate in my timing so I couldn't get in but if you manage to I'd be jealous ;) I can't seem to recall the name but it would be easy enough to find if you did a search for the top steak restaurants in the city.

cdyhybrid

I feel like awesome meals top out at like $50 per person. Nothing worse than spending like $300 on a meal that isn't as good as a $50 one. Lots of diminishing returns beyond a price point.
Spent $100 at Yardbird in Vegas and it was worth every penny. That included drinks too, though.

MechDX

It's about the experience, the artistry, the visual, the scent, and the taste.

That one was a Keiseki dinner in a private dining room where women in formal kimono outfits (the elaborate ones that take hours to put on) would lead you into it, then serve you through a smaller door. There was a lot of customs and ritual involved with the dining process.

That's not fucking food. Get out of here with that minimalist artsy bullshit.

Take a scoop , put it on a plate and serve it hot and make sure there is plenty. I would slap the fucker who put that in front of me.

MRSA

Banned

So you're not attending the rando, RBH, and bionic sponsored No Pats Fans dinner at The French Laundry?

Spinluck

It's about the experience, the artistry, the visual, the scent, and the taste. These are also like 3-4 hour dining experiences.

I had to zoom in on my phone to see the food.

Those are some bullshit serving sizes, but I guess not everyone can be as fat as us.

After careful consideration ....I've come Around to BvS commerical were Muscleman asks Superman if he bleeds. I've decided it's a awesome scene, I think ?...

Tabris

That's not fucking food. Get out of here with that minimalist artsy bullshit.

Take a scoop , put it on a plate and serve it hot and make sure there is plenty. I would slap the fucker who put that in front of me.

You don't know unless you try it. Try a restaurant like that sometime and I'm pretty sure you would absolutely love it.

Those are some bullshit serving sizes, but I guess not everyone can be as far as us.

It's like 9 courses though of food, I only took pictures of some of them. You eat them over 3-4 hours. It's probably more food then your "big serving Texas" style entrees, just spread out over the 3-4 hour dining experience.

pretty much. i can taste the difference between a $20 steak and a $100 steak but the $100 steak isn't 5 times better tasting.

i get all those things... still not worth it!

It depends. I've indeed had steaks in Vegas that were pricey and still shit. If you season well, you can make a cheap steak far tastier than one might expect. That all said, if you find something unique that is truly a cut above the rest, it's worth it. That Kobe steak destroys any I've ever had and I will always remember that night especially because there's a story to go with it that I won't post here, don't worry ;) Every bite was fucking orgasmic. That pricey sushi I had? While I'm an amateur, I could still recognize what made Jiro special, it was the preparation. The textures are what I could identify and one example is that I had some squid sashimi style that had the texture of silk. I didn't even imagine something like octopus or squid could be tamed that way.

Honestly there isn't any explaining the concept to someone that isn't a foodie or just doesn't appreciate spending money on life experiences in general.

Ah I see Tokyo Tower out the window. I went up to the top just before my steak dinner.

Tabris

Bionic does as I just have a Kenneth Cole leather messenger bag and a Hugo Boss credit card wallet. Nothing too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom