• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

It was our destiny to make it to the SB to get embarrassed but Burfect and the Bungles told destiny to go fuck itself.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

I now wish that all the bad things happen to your team on Sunday!

What gives me hope is the Steelers shit defense held their own.

bionic77

What gives me hope is the Steelers shit defense held their own.
No rational person could pick Denver with Peyton starting.

My hope is that Kubiak is a secret genius and that he is pulling the long con by making it look like Peyton is getting the start, only to get pulled after 2 series with a serious but mysterious neck injury and Brock comes in and destroys the Pats defense.

Unfortunately Kubiak may actually be a fucking moron so I am not holding my breath. But if he was smart that is exactly what he would do.

FTF

My hope is that Kubiak is a secret genius and that he is pulling the long con by making it look like Peyton is getting the start, only to get pulled after 2 series with a serious but mysterious neck injury and Brock comes in and destroys the Pats defense.

Unfortunately Kubiak may actually be a fucking moron so I am not holding my breath. But if he was smart that is exactly what he would do.

Yes, I hope Kubiak still continues to be an idiot and Manning plays the whole game.

bionic77

Yes, I hope Kubiak still continues to be an idiot and Manning plays the whole game.
The more realistic hope is that the Pats go Burfect and take Manning out in the first half.

For whatever reasons defenses always struggle against competent backup qb's when they prepared for the starter. I hope the same happens on Sunday.

Though I would prefer to see gimp Manning shred the Pats. That would be the most hurtful to you evil bastards and common decency demands that I hope for that outcome.

Tom Penny

Denver has a D though so they can win. Turnovers are the greatest equalizer in football. Always has been.

bionic77

Denver has a D though so they can win. Turnovers are the greatest equalizer in football. Always has been.
Denver's offense did nothing against our below average defense for 3.9 quarters. Their biggest plays were 2 of the worst punts of all time from the Steelers punter and a weird play where Peyton seemed to have given himself up for 10 seconds only to then slowly stand up and wing a long completion down the field while everyone was still confused as to whether or not he died on the field.

You should never read too much into one game and I think the Denver's offense will look better this week then it did last week (which is saying nothing, see above). I also think that Palmer won't look like a hairless chimp this week as well. But the Pats are much smarter than the Steelers and I think they are just going to bring up everyone to the LOS and make Peyton beat them with his arm, which he clearly can't do anymore.

The early turnovers are probably going to be from the Broncos if you ask me to predict the game. Which is why I so badly want Brock to come in because the Pats would have to play him honestly and the Broncos actually have talent on their offense.

Tom Penny

Denver's offense did nothing against our below average defense for 3.9 quarters. Their biggest plays were 2 of the worst punts of all time from the Steelers punter and a weird play where Peyton seemed to have given himself up for 10 seconds only to then slowly stand up and wing a long completion down the field while everyone was still confused as to whether or not he died on the field.

You should never read too much into one game and I think the Denver's offense will look better this week then it did last week (which is saying nothing, see above). I also think that Palmer won't look like a hairless chimp this week as well. But the Pats are much smarter than the Steelers and I think they are just going to bring up everyone to the LOS and make Peyton beat them with his arm, which he clearly can't do anymore.

The early turnovers are probably going to be from the Broncos if you ask me to predict the game. Which is why I so badly want Brock to come in because the Pats would have to play him honestly and the Broncos actually have talent on their offense.

I think the Pats play them like teams play the Pats when there is no Gronk. Flood the middle and make them beat them outside. The difference is Pats have trash outside WR and the Broncos have a QB that can't make the throws outside.

bionic77

I think the Pats play them like teams play the Pats when there is no Gronk. Flood the middle and make them beat them outside. The difference is Pats have trash outside WR and the Broncos have a QB that can't make the throws outside.
We did the same thing against the Broncos and it worked perfectly for 3.9 quarters.

I think our defense got shook after the fumble because our offense was humming at that point and it looked like we were going for the kill.

Oh well, I am not sure we could have won in New England so maybe this will be for the greater good. Carson Palmer won a football game at home by throwing to the Packers secondary. Maybe Peyton can do the same in Denver!

Godslay

Banned
Papa John played well enough. Drops killed the O that day. Steelers D deserves credit as well they were stout for about a half.

I'm optimistic for Brock if he returns next year, but I'm optimistic for the Papa to finish strong. I think he'll be okay on Sunday. Just has to put us in good looks and not turn the ball over.

They've got nothing to lose as home underdogs, so just leave it all on the field and I'll be happy win or lose.

Bread

Banned
Bad boy
Can't stop won't stop
Eh eh
giphy.gif

Tom Penny

We did the same thing against the Broncos and it worked perfectly for 3.9 quarters.

I think our defense got shook after the fumble because our offense was humming at that point and it looked like we were going for the kill.

Oh well, I am not sure we could have won in New England so maybe this will be for the greater good. Carson Palmer won a football game at home by throwing to the Packers secondary. Maybe Peyton can do the same in Denver!

The fumble obviously then field position really killed you guys. Overall I thought they'd kill Ben more but he wasn't getting smoked that much until the end of the game. Pats aren't running against them. Brady will drop back and throw 40 times. I'm convinced of that. If you can't run wear out the pass rushers and get the ball out quick.

FTF

Papa John played well enough. Drops killed the O that day. Steelers D deserves credit as well they were stout for about a half.

I'm optimistic for Brock if he returns next year, but I'm optimistic for the Papa to finish strong. I think he'll be okay on Sunday. Just has to put us in good looks and not turn the ball over.

They've got nothing to lose as home underdogs, so just leave it all on the field and I'll be happy win or lose.

I mean you won't be happy if they lose but I understand what you're saying.

And while I obviously want the Pats to win and will be disappointed if they lose, I respect Manning and will be happy for him.

But I can't see Manning/Denver beating either the Panthers or Cardinals, so the Pats winning makes for a better Super Bowl...no one wants Den-Sea from 2 years ago again :/

And while I obviously want the Pats to win and will be disappointed if they lose, I respect Manning and will be happy for him.

But I can't see Manning/Denver beating either the Panthers or Cardinals, so the Pats winning makes for a better Super Bowl...no one wants Den-Sea from 2 years ago again :/
Nobody wants the Pats in the Super Bowl. Period.

bionic77

The fumble obviously then field position really killed you guys. Overall I thought they'd kill Ben more but he wasn't getting smoked that much until the end of the game. Pats aren't running against them. Brady will drop back and throw 40 times. I'm convinced of that. If you can't run wear out the pass rushers and get the ball out quick.
The Broncos tackle really well.

But if the Broncos are not scoring eventually their defense will start to press against the dunks and dinks and fold.

Save us Brock!

Godslay

Banned

I don't care what they say will be the better Superbowl or worrying about a repeat of the Seattle SB.

I'll take the heartbreak of 99 Superbowl losses to experience 1 win. The only Broncos SB I didn't watch was the 78 SB. I've been through a few blowouts on the biggest stage, so they don't really faze me.

Not saying we are going to win anything, but nobody saw Eli and the Giants winning either and that's the beauty of football.

bionic77

I don't care what they say will be the better Superbowl or worrying about a repeat of the Seattle SB.

I'll take the heartbreak of 99 Superbowl losses to experience 1 win. The only Broncos SB I didn't watch was the 78 SB. I've been through a few blowouts on the biggest stage, so they don't really faze me.

Not saying we are going to win anything, but nobody saw Eli and the Giants winning either and that's the beauty of football.
Me and several Giants fans actually called Eli winning it.

The powers of a pure virgin should never be doubted.

The powers of a broken druggie should always be called in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom