• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
It's a cycle.

We rarely talk shop in here when the knowledgeable guys aren't here, but sometimes we do. Then we discuss the unethical New England Patriots and how much they fucking cheat.

Then there is late night animu and fuckery, or baseball is boring talk. Unfortunately people still watch college football so that still comes up.

On days where we nerd out we talk about how Gaming Side us literally wrong about everything or which Star Wars movies or movies in general are the best (Rocky I>>>all the other Rockys for example).

Then when bball is on we cover that from time to time.

There's no need to explain it to someone who isn't likely to stick around.

cdyhybrid

I expect that it will start raining the moment you get off of work and not stop for the next 10 days.

A weekend like that pretty much convinced me to move away from Seattle.
Maybe, but what's wrong with rain? A little water never hurt anyone.

I'll be inside playing XCOM all weekend anyway.

A 2013 Honda Civic LX

I was looking at the 2015 models and decided there's not much difference outside of some neat improvements, at least not enough for me to want to fork up the extra cash. Chris helped me out a bit and opened my eyes to the fact that the 2011-2015 are the same gen which is why I want noticing any vast differences. Gonna look for something between 20k-30k. The other trims have some nice little luxury options, and the Si trim looks really nice to me (particularly the interior) but I don't think I'll find one for the price I want so I'm settling on the LX unless I find a great deal.

Anyway my search begins. I don't think I'm gonna trade in my current car since I don't think I'll get a good deal, but plan on a down payment of at least $5k. Wish me luck.

Edit: scratch that out, the Si models seem to take a hit in the gas mileage department. Guessing it's because it's a sports trim? Idk.
Just a suggestion - I was looking at accords recently, was planning to get a 13 or 14, and when you consider financing, it might be better to go new. I got a new 15 ex for 24k at .9%. Compare with a 14 that would have been close in price and probably close to 3% financing.

Was worth going new for the warranty and cheaper financing. Ymmv, credit and etc all make things different.

Godslay

Banned
Just a suggestion - I was looking at accords recently, was planning to get a 13 or 14, and when you consider financing, it might be better to go new. I got a new 15 ex for 24k at .9%. Compare with a 14 that would have been close in price and probably close to 3% financing.

Was worth going new for the warranty and cheaper financing. Ymmv, credit and etc all make things different.

I was in the same boat.

Was looking at 13/14/15 Pilot for my wife. There was only a few K difference between the 16 and the older years. The nice part about the new model was that you get the full warranty, versus a more limited warranty due to mileage.

I know typically financing is lower new, but I didn't finance.

BigAT

Blatt's not much of a coach but I guess the Sonics do need one...

image.php

Maybe, but what's wrong with rain? A little water never hurt anyone.

I'll be inside playing XCOM all weekend anyway.

Nothing is wrong with a little rain. That wasn't a little rain though. I moved to Seattle in October 2010 and that was apparently one of the worst winters ever (in terms of cloudy days). After that winter, there was a week where it was sunny and beautiful Monday through Friday afternoon. I got ready to go out that night and as I walked into the Whisky Bar, it started raining and didn't stop for 10 days.

It was a huge bummer.

For what it's worth, Seattle is still my favorite city. I try to get out there at least once a year. That was the first plane trip I took my daughter on too.

cdyhybrid

Nothing is wrong with a little rain. That wasn't a little rain though. I moved to Seattle in October 2010 and that was apparently one of the worst winters ever (in terms of cloudy days). After that winter, there was a week where it was sunny and beautiful Monday through Friday afternoon. I got ready to go out that night and as I walked into the Whisky Bar, it started raining and didn't stop for 10 days.

It was a huge bummer.

For what it's worth, Seattle is still my favorite city. I try to get out there at least once a year. That was the first plane trip I took my daughter on too.
It rained 33 straight days a few years back IIRC. If that bothers you, this probably isn't the place to be outside of summer :jnc

Edit: it was 27. 33 is the all time record.

Spinluck

I'll consider it.

I'll be going through a credit union to get a loan so hopefully I can get a good rate, I'll see if I can find any new deals that are good. Between new 13-14 the prices aren't that far apart at least on my area, 15s seem to be a couple thousand more where I'm looking.

So I scored a pretty sweet ticket to the NFC title game. Now I have the ultimate conundrum. Do I risk death by NC drivers to go cheer my Panthers in person, or play it safe and watch the game at home? I'm leaning towards risking death.

Jarate

Banned
So I scored a pretty sweet ticket to the NFC title game. Now I have the ultimate conundrum. Do I risk death by NC drivers to go cheer my Panthers in person, or play it safe and watch the game at home? I'm leaning towards risking death.

Is this even a question?

cdyhybrid

Stay home and sell the ticket to a Cards fan.

ParityBit

I went to the Patriots Snow bowl (Tuck rule game) I wouldn't change it for anything.

Go Go Go Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom